Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2018

I wonder if construction could cause The Black Spot to move to Gwazi Park....either that or they aren't using Gwazi Park

I kind of agree that it gets old having the same houses year after year. I took a break for about 5 years and went last year. Every house I went in was a new experience, but NOTHING was scary. My group even went really slow so that there would be no one in front of us and sometimes the scare actors just did not seem into it at all. Ever since Scott Swenson left, it seems that this event has not been what it used to be??

Idk, but I'm going to probably take another 5 year break. Especially if they only have 6 houses. I'd rather go to HHN with 10 houses and a scarier overall event.

I kind of agree that it gets old having the same houses year after year. I took a break for about 5 years and went last year. Every house I went in was a new experience, but NOTHING was scary. My group even went really slow so that there would be no one in front of us and sometimes the scare actors just did not seem into it at all. Ever since Scott Swenson left, it seems that this event has not been what it used to be??

Idk, but I'm going to probably take another 5 year break. Especially if they only have 6 houses. I'd rather go to HHN with 10 houses and a scarier overall event.

Never seen that except on Preview nights, especially when we go in by ourselves.

I wonder if construction could cause The Black Spot to move to Gwazi Park....either that or they aren't using Gwazi Park
Don't know if they would move that facade.

either that or they aren't using Gwazi Park
Probably trying to get a jump on Xmas Town, if this is the case that's why the house over at Jambo isn't used anymore.

I haven't been to HOS as a guest since 2011 and worked as a scareactor in 2013 - Haven't been back to the event since. It's sad to hear that HOS isn't scary, even if just an opinion, as that used to be the one thing it had on HHN. It didn't have the budget to replace all of the houses every year like HHN does, but they really nailed casting and make the cast go through a more rigorous casting process than HHN does, which is just a typeout.

As I said, I haven't been since 2013 when I worked the event, but Death Water Bayou was there way back then! It was the first house that BGT did that I thought was on HHN's level from a scenic perspective, and I know it's a guest favorite, but there comes a time to change things up. It feels like we're past when that should've happened.

Don't know if they would move that facade.

either that or they aren't using Gwazi Park
Probably trying to get a jump on Xmas Town, if this is the case that's why the house over at Jambo isn't used anymore.
I wonder if they are using Gwazi Park for staging purposes...Or the HOS budget got cut again haha

Either way, I hope we get a big scarezone out of it

Just catching up, I can't helped but be heavily confused in the decision making on houses to cut. Especially shipping off Demented Dimensions after one year. Undead Arena maybe wasn't the best either, but getting rid of BOTH your new houses just looks bad to me.

Honestly, both of the new houses seem kinda...boring. DD was super creative and Undead Arena was at least a slightly different take on a zombie maze. Now we have an asylum maze and a slaughterhouse maze.

And THE BLACK SPOT is still in?

Hey everyone, I'm new to these boards. My family and I are going to Busch Gardens the last weekend in September. It's on a Saturday when there is a HOS event that night. How crowded will the park be during the daytime up until 4 or 5? We went in July and it was so busy and then rained on. We are going to give it another try. Thank you.

Hey everyone, I'm new to these boards. My family and I are going to Busch Gardens the last weekend in September. It's on a Saturday when there is a HOS event that night. How crowded will the park be during the daytime up until 4 or 5? We went in July and it was so busy and then rained on. We are going to give it another try. Thank you.

Park won't be incredibly busy, but expect lines for Cheetah Hunt and Cobras Curse.

I think they shipped it to Williamsburg, since it is listed as a house there now

Looking at a couple BGW forums, yeah they actually -did- ship DD over to Williamsburg. Though apparently it's a bit chopped/neutered then when it was in Tampa...yet it's still better then anything BGW is doing themselves.

Looking at a couple BGW forums, yeah they actually -did- ship DD over to Williamsburg. Though apparently it's a bit chopped/neutered then when it was in Tampa...yet it's still better then anything BGW is doing themselves.

We are going to HOSW in three weeks so we will find out.
Don't understand why Tampa had to get rid of it, unless they are planning on something for that building.

Simon's Slaughterhouse seems to have had mixed to positive reviews whilst Insomnia has gone down very well with great reviews.