Best option traveling to/from Aventura from MCO? | Inside Universal Forums

Best option traveling to/from Aventura from MCO?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 31, 2017
CT
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are making a return trip to Universal this year in the first week of December. Wanting a more relaxing trip, we have decided to stay onsite at the new Aventura Hotel for our weeks-long stay. This will be our first trip to Florida actually staying at an onsite hotel, for our previous trips we have always rented a home in Davenport/Kissimmee area and vehicle to get around. As we plan to stay onsite and rarely leave the resort area, we will be forgoing the car this trip.

All this is to say we need transportation to get to and from the hotel. I had booked a vacation package and added the superstar shuttle because the cost wasn’t much different than what and Uber/lyft worked out to be but I’m wondering what others who stay on site typically do. We will be flying into and out of MCO so it’s about a 17 mile ride to get to Aventura. The last thing I want to do when we arrive is wait forever for a shuttle, so I’d love to hear others experiences on the matter. Thanks so much!!

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are making a return trip to Universal this year in the first week of December. Wanting a more relaxing trip, we have decided to stay onsite at the new Aventura Hotel for our weeks-long stay. This will be our first trip to Florida actually staying at an onsite hotel, for our previous trips we have always rented a home in Davenport/Kissimmee area and vehicle to get around. As we plan to stay onsite and rarely leave the resort area, we will be forgoing the car this trip.

All this is to say we need transportation to get to and from the hotel. I had booked a vacation package and added the superstar shuttle because the cost wasn’t much different than what and Uber/lyft worked out to be but I’m wondering what others who stay on site typically do. We will be flying into and out of MCO so it’s about a 17 mile ride to get to Aventura. The last thing I want to do when we arrive is wait forever for a shuttle, so I’d love to hear others experiences on the matter. Thanks so much!!

I’ve done cabs, rental cars, Uber, and friends. It depends on what your priority is as there is trade offs for each one. Cab is the quickest but more expensive of the options (about $50-60 to UOR plus tip). Uber/Lyft takes more time due to pick up rules at the airport. Friends are free but you have to wait for them (and not everyone has friends in Orlando).

Since it is only the two of you, I would highly recommend Uber/Lyft from a timing and convenience standpoint. Last year we made many visits to UO and WDW and the convenience of having a car arrive in a few minutes and take us directly to our destination was great. I have to admit we had never used these types of services in the past, relying mainly on taxis and shuttles, but I can honestly say we had good experiences almost every time in FL.

Thanks everyone for the tips! I’ve only used Uber once before, in Orlando actually and it went really well so I think this is all the confirmation I need to cancel my superstar shuttle service. I also check both Uber and lyft to see the cheapest service. Maybe I’ll reach out to IamFloridaborn and set something up ahead of time!

Any tips for dealing with Uber/lyft at mco?

Last edited:
I always take a cab. Zero wait. When I leave the hotel, I walk out front, zero wait. No texting, signing up reserving etc. Works for me.

$50-$60 was accurate. To Royal Pacific ran $55. I tip about $5-$10 more depending on the service. Stops for liquor etc. "Cabs" are nice SUVs. Price is for cab not per person.

$50-$60 was accurate. To Royal Pacific ran $55. I tip about $5-$10 more depending on the service. Stops for liquor etc. "Cabs" are nice SUVs. Price is for cab not per person.

So it sounds like about twice an Uber, might be worth it for less hassle, at least for the ride back to the airport so I’m not stressed getting us back there in time.

So it sounds like about twice an Uber, might be worth it for less hassle, at least for the ride back to the airport so I’m not stressed getting us back there in time.
If you want the ultimate in no hassle contact Tony Hinds car service. I have heard nothing but great things for years about what he does.
Not expensive either for personal service but an Uber would be less.

If you want the ultimate in no hassle contact Tony Hinds car service. I have heard nothing but great things for years about what he does.
Not expensive either for personal service but an Uber would be less.

Just wanted to give a shout out to @JoeCamel here. I contacted Tony after reading several glowing reviews, he offered a very reasonable rate that was only marginally higher than the shuttle service through UOR and highly personalized service. I am extremely confident that I’ll be posting a glowing review on here after I get back from my trip.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Just wanted to give a shout out to @JoeCamel here. I contacted Tony after reading several glowing reviews, he offered a very reasonable rate that was only marginally higher than the shuttle service through UOR and highly personalized service. I am extremely confident that I’ll be posting a glowing review on here after I get back from my trip.
Tony has provided outstanding service for years. He is the first thing so many visitors encounter in Orlando and the visitors bureau should be paying him a stipend for his positive effect on the economy of the area. It is not a black Lincoln but he will get you from point a to b expeditiously and I understand he is quite entertaining if you want him to be.
Thanks for letting me know you will use his service.

Reactions: Suprachica79