2018 Rumor Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

2018 Rumor Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I proudly am that person, DD was fantastic and I'm still upset it's gone.
I think it's a justified criticism, and I worry that some people have too high of expectations for the thrill level that the new ride is going to provide.

Personally, I feel like one "high thrill" coaster is a good number for a universal type park, so with Hulk still standing on the other side of the lagoon I'm not particularly distraught over a lack of thrill in the park. This also means that if they don't have a big coaster in the new parks I will be pretty disappointed.

I think it's a justified criticism, and I worry that some people have too high of expectations for the thrill level that the new ride is going to provide.

Personally, I feel like one "high thrill" coaster is a good number for a universal type park, so with Hulk still standing on the other side of the lagoon I'm not particularly distraught over a lack of thrill in the park. This also means that if they don't have a big coaster in the new parks I will be pretty disappointed.
I personally don't expect anything more thrilling than Mummy in it, probably even less.

I agree that's okay for a Universal-type park, but they just took out TWO insanely intense and great coasters, and we're getting a Mummy 2.0 themed to Potter in their place. I just hope the developments coming out of JP turn out to be something pretty intense because I've got two holes in my heart after DDs closure.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I personally don't expect anything more thrilling than Mummy in it, probably even less.

I agree that's okay for a Universal-type park, but they just took out TWO insanely intense and great coasters, and we're getting a Mummy 2.0 themed to Potter in their place. I just hope the developments coming out of JP turn out to be something pretty intense because I've got two holes in my heart after DDs closure.
Really? I expect this to be the most thrilling of all the Potter attractions...And finally IOA has an upgraded answer to The Mummy

Really? I expect this to be the most thrilling of all the Potter attractions...And finally IOA has an upgraded answer to The Mummy
That isn't saying much, the Potter attractions aren't known for their thrills.

Also I'd say FJ is a better dark ride than Mummy and DD was a better coaster, so they already HAD an answer to Mummy.

Alright, I’m confused. Am I missing the joke?

Universal be Live-Tweeting the Emmy's, and there was a proposal.

Still, that's more interesting than the question of will there or will there not be any news.

__

Allow me to post the result of one of Jim Hill's "rumors" in the bin.

A few days back, it seemed to indicate in his wording, that HHN would be toned down, if you will; with the advent of Stranger Things & Polt.

And now, it has seemingly been debunked thanks to Aiello himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
Universal be Live-Tweeting the Emmy's, and there was a proposal.

Still, that's more interesting than the question of will there or will there not be any news.

__

Allow me to post the result of one of Jim Hill's "rumors" in the bin.

A few days back, it seemed to indicate in his wording, that HHN would be toned down, if you will; with the advent of Stranger Things & Polt.

And now, it has seemingly been debunked thanks to Aiello himself.

Yeah that HHN rumor was the dumbest thing to come out in a while...People are up in arms because Stranger Things is at HHN

Yeah that HHN rumor was the dumbest thing to come out in a while...People are up in arms because Stranger Things is at HHN

To be fair, what Jim said wasn't that outlandish or controversial and he didnt say it was happening now. He said that Universal Executives may, for a number of reasons, be forced or might want to incorporate slightly more relaxed houses based on IPs that reach a wider demographic than they do currently. Aiello denying that doesnt really debunk it, as he perhaps wouldn't be privvy to long term planning as opposed to current creative direction. Plus, how can he deny that HHN wouldn't never become more family friendly?

Jim was ultimately brainstorming in a way and was doing his usual thing of linking A and B together and seeing what it might lead to. I think the most truth that could come from it is maybe the event becomes a little more mixed in its content, or possibly even splits into two events once the new park is up and running?

To be fair, what Jim said wasn't that outlandish or controversial and he didnt say it was happening now. He said that Universal Executives may, for a number of reasons, be forced or might want to incorporate slightly more relaxed houses based on IPs that reach a wider demographic than they do currently. Aiello denying that doesnt really debunk it, as he perhaps wouldn't be privvy to long term planning as opposed to current creative direction. Plus, how can he deny that HHN wouldn't never become more family friendly?

Jim was ultimately brainstorming in a way and was doing his usual thing of linking A and B together and seeing what it might lead to. I think the most truth that could come from it is maybe the event becomes a little more mixed in its content, or possibly even splits into two events once the new park is up and running?
If you go this year you will see that they have already expanded their demographic...A watered down HHN would be disastrous...no matter how much Jim Hill speculates

If you go this year you will see that they have already expanded their demographic...A watered down HHN would be disastrous...no matter how much Jim Hill speculates

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they don't do House With A Clock In Its Walls.

Stranger Things 2 is basically guaranteed next year.

Wonder if both Chucky AND KK get house promotions?