Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

I mean EPCOT currently has no identity other than "The Festival Park". I'm not being flippant at all. Epcot will keep its same vaguely World's Fair-ish identity. I don't think that's going anywhere. It's not as obviously World's Fair as it once was, but it will still be that. Just with cartoon characters.
Actually its becoming more like normal World's Fairs which are usually just countries with 2 or three theme buildings. (Like Expo 67). What EPCOT tried to emulate was the New York World's Fair of 1964-1965, which is ironic, as it was not officially a Worlds Fair (wasnt sanctioned) so it had to rely on corporations. Having been to both 64/65 and 67 fairs, obviously GM builds more exciting pavilions than Germany :D

Would rebranding EPCOT be such a bad thing since it's not really EPCOT?

I'd be ok with that.
It already was. The park's original name was "EPCOT Center" (with all caps). The current name is "Epcot" with only a single letter capitilzation. By removing the acronym from the name in the mid 1990s, they've already moved away from the words it originally stood for.

uX4UfqK.jpg

dOHU5F5.jpg

QsyIYqK.jpg

JbOv8Ip.jpg

aFhFTHQ.jpg

From France across the lagoon.

So, the original UoE building is to hold the load/unload and queue. That building looks huge to hold just those things. I seem to remember marni showing a blurry layout but are there going to be a few show scenes in the UoE building? I realize that this has been discussed before but that building held a queue, multiple theaters, and a scene with AA's and seems like it would have space for more than just the pieces in my first sentence.

Of course, the queue will probably need to be ridiculously long and the coaster running at 50% capacity to avoid overheating. Okay, I'm just joking on the last part.

So, the original UoE building is to hold the load/unload and queue. That building looks huge to hold just those things. I seem to remember marni showing a blurry layout but are there going to be a few show scenes in the UoE building? I realize that this has been discussed before but that building held a queue, multiple theaters, and a scene with AA's and seems like it would have space for more than just the pieces in my first sentence.

Of course, the queue will probably need to be ridiculously long and the coaster running at 50% capacity to avoid overheating. Okay, I'm just joking on the last part.

To be fair, UoE’s queue was really only that one preshow room. I anticipate the queue taking up a significant footprint, and the concept art seems to show there will be preshow rooms as well (that looked pretty spacious, to boot). Then separate load and unload, and I’m sure they wouldn’t mind using the rest as backstage/break rooms/etc. And I wouldn’t be surprised if there were small scenes to start and end the ride, a la Incredicoaster. Roomy? Yes. But I don’t think the building is remarkably big for what they’re putting in there.

To be fair, UoE’s queue was really only that one preshow room. I anticipate the queue taking up a significant footprint, and the concept art seems to show there will be preshow rooms as well (that looked pretty spacious, to boot). Then separate load and unload, and I’m sure they wouldn’t mind using the rest as backstage/break rooms/etc. And I wouldn’t be surprised if there were small scenes to start and end the ride, a la Incredicoaster. Roomy? Yes. But I don’t think the building is remarkably big for what they’re putting in there.

Probably not. It is hard to get a feel for the size of the building or the scale from pictures. I hadn't been in UoE to ride it in a long time.

With Rock 'n Roller coaster they first build the coaster to be able to lift heavy coaster supports and tracks in it's place with cranes and later the building around it.
Now Disney is building the ...building first. What does that say about the coaster track? I think about light rail carnival track.

With Rock 'n Roller coaster they first build the coaster to be able to lift heavy coaster supports and tracks in it's place with cranes and later the building around it.
Now Disney is building the ...building first. What does that say about the coaster track? I think about light rail carnival track.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the building is just ginormous, and therefore it should be easier to manveur the track into the building than it would have for RnRC. Don’t forget that Gringott’s building went up before the track, and that track is quite hefty.

Interesting since that structure was pictured in the concept art I've seen. I wonder if plans changed or there was a structural problem?

Can’t help but feel there’s a lot of faux love floating around the forums at the moment. Proportionately, not many people cared for this during its very long spell as an attraction yet you read magic & suddenly everyone was a fan and the heart has gone from Epcot etc etc. It’s getting tiresome.

I don’t think Disney can win in such situations. Tie this in with the cuts, illumiNations, everything, and people just seem to be enjoying a right good old moan at the moment, to the point I question...is a Disney World vacation for them anymore?

I also feel like people’s hate of everything Disney is doing isn’t in touch with my own personal feelings. I feel the need to come out...as a Guardians mission breakout fan. Turns out I can love both Tower of Terror, and MB. Who knew? Oh and I think they did a good job with MB. And....people seemed to...enjoy it...a lot. Weird.

You guys seem overall more balanced in your assessment of Universal. When it’s garbage (F&F) you’ll be honest, but everything isn’t sh1t by default!!

Last edited:
Can’t help but feel there’s a lot of faux love floating around the forums at the moment. Proportionately, not many people cared for this during its very long spell as an attraction yet you read magic & suddenly everyone was a fan and the heart has gone from Epcot etc etc. It’s getting tiresome.

I don’t think Disney can win in such situations. Tie this in with the cuts, illumiNations, everything, and people just seem to be enjoying a right good old moan at the moment, to the point I question...is a Disney World vacation for them anymore?

I also feel like people’s hate of everything Disney is doing isn’t in touch with my own personal feelings. I feel the need to come out...as a Guardians mission breakout fan. Turns out I can love both Tower of Terror, and MB. Who knew? Oh and I think they did a good job with MB. And....people seemed to...enjoy it...a lot. Weird.

You guys seem overall more balanced in your assessment of Universal. When it’s garbage (F&F) you’ll be honest, but everything isn’t sh1t by default!!

Well I mean we’re not suggesting Ellen was in its best shape or anything but to throw something semi educational away for this..... it’s baby with the bath water.

Well I mean we’re not suggesting Ellen was in its best shape or anything but to throw something semi educational away for this..... it’s baby with the bath water.

Semi educational and not well liked.

Let’s see what they come up with first...not this hate by default situation, to the point where we’ve already made our minds up it’s awful before we go on it, and going on and admitting it’s good is a sin.

Not giving Disney a free pass to do what they want but the critical thinking has swung too far into none-acceptance (across everything they ever do)

I’m certain there’ll be angst when nearly 3 decade old little mermaid, beauty and the beast and Indiana shows go (2 decades late) coz childhood memories and that.

Semi educational and not well liked.

Let’s see what they come up with first...not this hate by default situation, to the point where we’ve already made our minds up it’s awful before we go on it, and going on and admitting it’s good is a sin.

Not giving Disney a free pass to do what they want but the critical thinking has swung too far into none-acceptance (across everything they ever do)

I’m certain there’ll be angst when nearly 3 decade old little mermaid, beauty and the beast and Indiana shows go (2 decades late) coz childhood memories and that.

My first gripping with anger of a change in theme parks was when I was 16 and they changed Tapestry of Nations into the poopy Tapestry of Dreams.

You literally are reading my mind because I feel the exact same way. Magic is nice but I get so tired of the constant moaning and complaining of everything Disney does. They can change a bench and posters will go bananas. I love this site because at least people are fair to Uni with some things. This ride is going to be awesome and UOE is getting a much needed gut.

My belief is that entertainment should come before education, even at Epcot. It still should be educational, but it also needs to be entertaining in getting that across or it will not be received well.

Not saying GOTG fits Epcot, but just my general rule of thumb for the park.