Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sure this was mentioned earlier in this thread but did you guys know this is basically Lava Lagoon a water park that was supposed to be built at Disneyland Paris. The lead imagineer who worked on it currently works at Uni Creative.
Glad good ideas came to the surface. I always said that peak on the volcano's south side was a giant finger.

I had a look at the expansion pad earlier. Nothing of interest to note. Some giant big balls

Were you gonna give a more thorough thought process for VB? Maybe vs TL since you just went to both (did you do BB also?)

I did TL, BB and VB all this trip in August and still think VB is pound for pound the best. I enjoy BBs theme the most (even though I think VB is most impressive and enjoy TL more than BB)

Reactions: Scott W.
Were you gonna give a more thorough thought process for VB? Maybe vs TL since you just went to both (did you do BB also?)

I did TL, BB and VB all this trip in August and still think VB is pound for pound the best. I enjoy BBs theme the most (even though I think VB is most impressive and enjoy TL more than BB)

I still need to write a review and get around to finishing my trip report. It’s just finding time.

I think VB is easily the best water park in Orlando but it has its faults. The backside of the volcano being my biggest gripe. Looking up at it from ground level and it looks awful with the exposed steel for supports, especially on the staircase. What makes the staircase worse is if you go across the road and look at the round staircase in Sapphire Falls from the ground floor. That staircase is beyond beautifully crafted, why isn’t VB like that?

IMG_3202.jpg

I still need to write a review and get around to finishing my trip report. It’s just finding time.

I think VB is easily the best water park in Orlando but it has its faults. The backside of the volcano being my biggest gripe. Looking up at it from ground level and it looks awful with the exposed steel for supports, especially on the staircase. What makes the staircase worse is if you go across the road and look at the round staircase in Sapphire Falls from the ground floor. That staircase is beyond beautifully crafted, why isn’t VB like that?

View attachment 7995
Ahhhh, a photo of 'the' coolest staircase. And just a few steps from the fabulous Strong Water Tavern...Now I'm thirsty. ;):toast::lol:

Did someone say RUM CRUISE?

02.jpg

6 days, 16 people, 36 bottles of rum.

It might be happening sooner than we expect. They’ve just done a good job keeping this under wraps (so far).
Yeah, they really need to do this. Seems like most of the attendance projection issues for the resort came from capacity issues at VB. So, it seems like it's something they need to fix, like real soon, if they don't want the same issue haunting them next year, and maybe resulting in management shakeups dictated by Comcast. Only so much patience allowed in corporate circles for under achievers.

Reactions: SpatulaShack

View attachment 7995

That’s the best staircase That ive maybe ever seen. Hah

I loved sapphire falls. Amatista, the best gym by far, cool pool- all of it. The only dealbreaker is no express. Because of that, I won’t stay there again.

02.jpg

Sold.

02.jpg

If you would have added UK Trigg and Bob Wadd to the mix, you would have needed 72 bottles of rum. Hell, they, and their women, did 5 bottles of moonshine in one night. :lol: Mark said the next day was 'a little rough'. Fill the VB slides with moonshine instead of water and they might never go home. Maybe that's the way to solve VB's capacity problem. ;):idea:...Moonshine Slide...Rum Slide...Jim Beam Slide...Tequila Shooter Slide...Absolute Vodka Drop....heh, I just might be on to something here...IP's galore

Reactions: Disneyhead
does anyone have pictures of the family cabanas? we rented one for next saturday and I want to show our group what it looks like.

thanks in advance!

does anyone have pictures of the family cabanas? we rented one for next saturday and I want to show our group what it looks like.

thanks in advance!

Sorry if it’s rude to ask, but do you mind me asking how much it cost? Looking to book one similar time next year. Thanks.