Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

You literally are reading my mind because I feel the exact same way. Magic is nice but I get so tired of the constant moaning and complaining of everything Disney does. They can change a bench and posters will go bananas. I love this site because at least people are fair to Uni with some things. This ride is going to be awesome and UOE is getting a much needed gut.
and ...people on this site are pretty fair to Disney also, for the most part. It's balanced WDW viewpoints on IU, and that's really commendable for a site that's primarily Universal oriented. You'll also get a lot more WDW discussion on this site than you'll ever see Universal discussion on a WDW site.

Can’t help but feel there’s a lot of faux love floating around the forums at the moment. Proportionately, not many people cared for this during its very long spell as an attraction yet you read magic & suddenly everyone was a fan and the heart has gone from Epcot etc etc. It’s getting tiresome.

I don’t think Disney can win in such situations. Tie this in with the cuts, illumiNations, everything, and people just seem to be enjoying a right good old moan at the moment, to the point I question...is a Disney World vacation for them anymore?

I also feel like people’s hate of everything Disney is doing isn’t in touch with my own personal feelings. I feel the need to come out...as a Guardians mission breakout fan. Turns out I can love both Tower of Terror, and MB. Who knew? Oh and I think they did a good job with MB. And....people seemed to...enjoy it...a lot. Weird.

You guys seem overall more balanced in your assessment of Universal. When it’s garbage (F&F) you’ll be honest, but everything isn’t sh1t by default!!

I can only be honest about my feelings regarding how Disney is operating, and my honest feelings are that they have made - and continue to make - extremely questionable decisions with respect to their theme parks (and Epcot in particular) over the last decade, which leads me to be skeptical of current and near-future projects. That doesn't mean I'm down on everything they're doing (I'm very excited for Galaxy's Edge and TRON), but it does mean I'm going to hold them accountable when they do things I don't like, just as I do with Universal.

I love Disney and I love Universal, but I don't have to love everything they do.

Can’t help but feel there’s a lot of faux love floating around the forums at the moment. Proportionately, not many people cared for this during its very long spell as an attraction yet you read magic & suddenly everyone was a fan and the heart has gone from Epcot etc etc. It’s getting tiresome.

I don’t think Disney can win in such situations. Tie this in with the cuts, illumiNations, everything, and people just seem to be enjoying a right good old moan at the moment, to the point I question...is a Disney World vacation for them anymore?

I also feel like people’s hate of everything Disney is doing isn’t in touch with my own personal feelings. I feel the need to come out...as a Guardians mission breakout fan. Turns out I can love both Tower of Terror, and MB. Who knew? Oh and I think they did a good job with MB. And....people seemed to...enjoy it...a lot. Weird.

You guys seem overall more balanced in your assessment of Universal. When it’s garbage (F&F) you’ll be honest, but everything isn’t sh1t by default!!

This is completely a straw man argument that you introduce with this post.

You say that that "not many people cared" about Energy, but you don't mention the fact that the original version was changed to an inferior version and even that was not kept up. It cited facts that have since been dis-proven, had scenes with dinosaurs from different eras together, and let's not even talk about the Ellen AA. The original was an engineering marvel, from the pre-show Kinetic Mosaic to the dinosaur diorama to the Walls of Mirrors. The moving theater system is revolutionary. It's not far -fetched to think that if the original was updated as new discoveries were unearthed, people would still be fascinated. People did not like the product it became (and the lack of upkeep for that), not the original. This is all on bad management.

You also mention people's "hate of everything Disney" and point out Mission Breakout. Many people here have mentioned that they like it better than ToT!

Once again I agree MB is better, but you actually did mention it earlier in the thread :lol:

I'm now of the opinion that the only people who don't like Mission Breakout are people who haven't been on it.

I stay away from posting on WDW boards because of how invested people are and how that leads to people getting worked up. I post here because it is very even-keeled, most people are rational, and almost no one does the things you say they do.

This is completely a straw man argument that you introduce with this post.

You say that that "not many people cared" about Energy, but you don't mention the fact that the original version was changed to an inferior version and even that was not kept up. It cited facts that have since been dis-proven, had scenes with dinosaurs from different eras together, and let's not even talk about the Ellen AA. The original was an engineering marvel, from the pre-show Kinetic Mosaic to the dinosaur diorama to the Walls of Mirrors. The moving theater system is revolutionary. It's not far -fetched to think that if the original was updated as new discoveries were unearthed, people would still be fascinated. People did not like the product it became (and the lack of upkeep for that), not the original. This is all on bad management.

You also mention people's "hate of everything Disney" and point out Mission Breakout. Many people here have mentioned that they like it better than ToT!

I stay away from posting on WDW boards because of how invested people are and how that leads to people getting worked up. I post here because it is very even-keeled, most people are rational, and almost no one does the things you say they do.

Not denying there wasn’t some nice tech in there and poor implementation.

I’m largely talking about magic tbh, where everything is always awful no matter what it is & I’ve had enough. I’ve been reading it nearly 2 decades now and there’s barely even an acknowledgement that this era of investment, even if they don’t agree with all decisions, is preferable to the the past 20 years where’s they’ve been whinging about what a Universal are doing and spending vs Disney! They’ve asked for Disney to spend money on rides and lands that match and surpass Universal....they’re giving it a go and every aspect of change is always the worst thing they could have possibly done.

There’s been a hate of Disney’s management for so long that everything they announce gets swarmed on. Even early optimism from announcements like Tron gets worn down to “this should have even something else”

Too many people have been programmed over there to reject everything Disney does.

You literally are reading my mind because I feel the exact same way. Magic is nice but I get so tired of the constant moaning and complaining of everything Disney does. They can change a bench and posters will go bananas. I love this site because at least people are fair to Uni with some things. This ride is going to be awesome and UOE is getting a much needed gut.

Sorry for the mild rant I think I’m just Jet lag cranky haha (back from Disneyland! :) ) I read about 10 threads in a row with constant moaning so I lost it.

I read and sometimes contribute to these forums to supplement my love for the parks and to criticise where it’s deserved. I don’t read them to make me feel overly negative about what is one of my favourite places to go on holiday,.

I think the buildup to the diorama was so much more impressive in the original UoE. After the dramatic climax of the film ("Come with us now..") when the theater faced th curtains which rose to reveal the set... and paused just long enough before rolling forward to seal the deal. I remember people actually gasped.

The sad fact remains that the thing that killed both UoE and GMR was the ride systems had reached the end of their lifespan and would have required an entirely new ride system.

Disney isn't going to dump that kind of money into decades old attractions. Particularly ones that have low GSATs.

They suffered the same fate as Kongfrontation and Jaws. MiB and CitH are in a similar situation. Although I hear that CitH may get a Sally Corp replacement RS.

The sad fact remains that the thing that killed both UoE and GMR was the ride systems had reached the end of their lifespan and would have required an entirely new ride system.

Disney isn't going to dump that kind of money into decades old attractions. Particularly ones that have low GSATs.

They suffered the same fate as Kongfrontation and Jaws. MiB and CitH are in a similar situation. Although I hear that CitH may get a Sally Corp replacement RS.
Anyone that expected Energy to get a refurb or be redone was kidding themselves

CitH?

Doesn't Tower of Terror at DHS use the same ride system more or less?

I was referring to the fact that it was stated the ride system was end-of-life but ToT still uses it.

Even if it is end of life, it’s worth it to keep investing In it because it’s such a popular ride was more my point.

I think that Tower of Terrors days are numbered however and a revamp of the attraction would be an ideal time to update the ride system.

Even if it is end of life, it’s worth it to keep investing In it because it’s such a popular ride was more my point.

I think that Tower of Terrors days are numbered however and a revamp of the attraction would be an ideal time to update the ride system.
God, no. We'd probably end up with the crappy versions of ToT other places got.