Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just going to say this..but considering the layout from the pic that's still on Themeparx..that seems hard to believe IMO, considering how JW is seemingly layed out..

Could it of been when they were doing BS? maybe, but I don't believe that what was posted IS the final product.

Just going to say this..but considering the layout from the pic that's still on Themeparx..that seems hard to believe IMO, considering how JW is seemingly layed out..

Could it of been when they were doing BS? maybe, but I don't believe that what was posted IS the final product.

Its just something extra that hasn't been posted yet. As i stated, multiple chinese sites have stated they are still designing....I thought this concept art which matched the latest layout....especially the top image (you can even see the bridge and the small cove in the layout which is on the concept art) would be a nice touch.

I do agree though about the bottom image...it seems off compared to the top as I can't figure out how the coaster is going in front of the visitor center in any of the concept layouts.

There’s always the chance that it is the final product, but the layout posted on Themeparx is outdated. Or the concept art is outdated, but most of it is still accurate.

Man I really want that concept art to be true.

That unfortunately appears to be really old concept art, timed from the proof of concept when they announced the park.

5-81546.jpg

Here's the full three image panel. The Jeep ride and the Mummy land is the dead ringer that this is outdated.

Certainly I hope they retain the look and feel of the first images though!

Ya, but that was original proposal. I'm just finding these images along with this original proof of concept, that included the Mummy.

2-46189.jpg

Essentially just to say these images that surfaced are older, so I wouldn't use them as gospel on final layout.

That image you posted came out in 2014....Jurassic World wasn't released until 2015 meaning those plans and concepts were added at a later time (Comcast recently mandated meetings between the studios and the parks quarterly). While it may be old, there have been 3-4 iterations of layouts released of the park all in different shapes and the latest one is the only one that has matched multiple pieces of concept art.

Now again I have posted multiple times, that they are still designing however we can at least get some level of scope of the lands from this.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I think the first JW concept art is accurate, the second one not as much. The general feel and layout will still be there, however.

I mean, just look at that mountain! My God, it’s beautiful!

Reactions: Mike S
Reactions: Magic-Man
Didn't Quinn refer to it more as a "Asian IP that is popular in the US" and not exactly a "Chinese IP"?

Yea I did say that however I think you mistaking my statement. The IP is Asian and not Chinese but not popular in the United States. Would people in the US recognize it? Sure especially if they like Asian culture but not the US general population. The reason I haven't posted the name however I've only seen speculation and no actual reputable Chinese reporting about it or concept pieces. Its not just one person stating the IP is coming on sina and weibo though.

The best hint of this is it gives Beijing their own version of having pirates in the park.

Well it is about time Uni found a replacement for Waterworld. I do love it but it's been going for decades now.