Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

I should make a list of silly season "leaks".

Yea. I mean, don't get me wrong, I hope it happens. But you're telling me they're going to be building 2 new World Showcase pavilions that will probably total close to a billion right after adding two other E-ticket attractions to the park?

I'm highly skeptical, especially when people are also saying the Fox deal is messing with attraction investment after our current crop of additions and the parks are down 30%.

Yea. I mean, don't get me wrong, I hope it happens. But you're telling me they're going to be building 2 new World Showcase pavilions that will probably total close to a billion right after adding two other E-ticket attractions to the park?

I'm highly skeptical, especially when people are also saying the Fox deal is messing with attraction investment after our current crop of additions and the parks are down 30%.
Who said the Fox deal is messing with the parks and resorts division ? Regardless of whether or not attendance is down WDW needs the investment and it only makes sense that Epcot would be getting the ride now since it’s planned for an overhaul.

Disneyhead has mentioned Fox will affect investment going forward.
Yet they are probably going through one of the biggest expansions in the parks history. But according to some the Fox deal was needed to help Disney’s bottom line however it now seems to have hurt it.

All planned and budgeted before the Fox deal went through.

And maybe this was included into the budget for Epcot before the fox deal happened? I hope it happens as Epcot needs more rides badly, but if not because of fox, no big deal as sure pirates ride system tech will show up in future in Disney World at some point down the road.