The Walkers do Orlando 2018 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walkers do Orlando 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Make sure to hit The Palm bar for happy hour. Half price on the bar food. The bacon slab, oysters and burger are my favs. Also love the tuna poke at the pool bar. If you hit it right, just before the food closes, the portion is huge as they don't want to sit on the raw tuna overnight.
Edit: And of course drink specials at the happy hour:cheers: They call happy hour "Prime Time"
Orlando - The Palm

Last edited:
Going to interject early on my reviews. Just ate at Amatista cookhouse and used the magical dining menu and it was hands down my favourite meal so far. The food, the atmosphere, service and decor was incredible.
The view of the lagoon, water wheel & landscaping is really beautiful. While you're there take a few steps up to Strong Water Tavern & have a drink on the outside deck while relaxing on one of the couches.

The view of the lagoon, water wheel & landscaping is really beautiful. While you're there take a few steps up to Strong Water Tavern & have a drink on the outside deck while relaxing on one of the couches.

Heading over to the rooftop bar at Aventura but we’ll be getting the water taxi back to CityWalk so we’ll be sure to pop in. Lots of lightning in the sky tonight, should make for an interesting experience.

Going to interject early on my reviews. Just ate at Amatista cookhouse and used the magical dining menu and it was hands down my favourite meal so far. The food, the atmosphere, service and decor was incredible.

That’s great to hear, I had heard mostly good reviews but some really bad ones there so wasn’t sure if it was a place to take a chance on. This is good news for another restaurant to add to the Arsenal. Look forward to your daily updates.

Good shout. Currently outside enjoying a relatively cool Orlando night, watching the boats go back and forth. Not a big rum drinker but I’ll see how it goes.

That’s great to hear, I had heard mostly good reviews but some really bad ones there so wasn’t sure if it was a place to take a chance on. This is good news for another restaurant to add to the Arsenal. Look forward to your daily updates.

I’d definitely recommend it. If you’re visiting soon, the magic dining menu is an absolute bargain for the food you get and looking at the standard menu, it’s still a pretty great deal.

Reactions: Suprachica79
I’m having a rum rivival and it’s excellent but now I know why they give you a glass of water with your drink.
Before you leave Orlando, you need to eat there. Thee small plates are excellent. We usually order three and split them up. There's a nice selection of apx. 20. They even have goat, and it's very good.

I'm glad to hear Amatista is up to expectations. I stayed for 10 nights two years ago and was disappointed in the experience. Glad they adjusted, it is a beautiful location.

Reactions: Andysol and Jonea32
I'm glad to hear Amatista is up to expectations. I stayed for 10 nights two years ago and was disappointed in the experience. Glad they adjusted, it is a beautiful location.

I echo this, we stayed this time last year and weren’t particularly impressed with the service/quality we received. May be tempted to go back.

We haven't have dinner or lunch at Amatista since we're kind of hooked on Strong Water's unique small plates menu, but we've had two breakfast buffets there. The buffet was very good, lot's of selections, and temperatures comfortable enough in the morning to dine outside. Nice ambiance and view, sitting outside, is an added plus.

I’d definitely recommend it. If you’re visiting soon, the magic dining menu is an absolute bargain for the food you get and looking at the standard menu, it’s still a pretty great deal.

I’ve partaken in magical dining month in the past, it’s definitely an astoundingly good value but unfortunately I’m not heading down until the first week in December.

Laura’s in Sephora again.

Sunday.

I’ll leave my review for Volcano Bay in the proper thread at a later date. The short version is that the rides are great, the theming leaves a little to be desired and the layout feels like a bit of a mess.

After VB, we went back to the hotel for a small rest from the heat before heading to the outlets which have become a ridiculous experience. Valet parking takes up a good chunk of the parking at the entrance, the next closest section is different tiers of paid parking ranging from $3 - $10.

The outlets used to be a bargain but all the standard shops have become cheaper and obviously don’t have the lower quality outlet items.

Five guys for dinner which is great as always. Probably my favourite burger place. Culvers May top it but I’ll need to try it again before I leave and hopefully enjoy the meal without falling asleep into my burger.