Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 261 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've yet to walk it, but I wasn't quite feeling the hype everyone else was with this maze, at least from a design standpoint, via POVs...

Truth or Dare has two really solid rooms (well, one big room and a hallway)...
Unfriended is solid, with three decent set-em-up, knock-em-down bits and a reuse of last year's effect...
...but then The Girl is a total nothing. There's no "reveal" or really anything impressive or inventive, just some reuse of Murder House walls. It's also dominated by black plywood box scares (which every single maze ends with... every single one. It's insane)

It's better than Purge by default, but man, the ending really runs out of steam.

^^Funny, I actually liked The Girl segment. It's practically the only room in the maze (maybe the entire event) that's more atmospheric rather than a jump scare... and on that level, I think it works great.

And wasn't it told that The Girl was inspired by the Blumhouse logo? There's a similar girl in it.

Blumhouse Productions Logo - YouTube

^^Funny, I actually liked The Girl segment. It's practically the only room in the maze (maybe the entire event) that's more atmospheric rather than a jump scare... and on that level, I think it works great.

And wasn't it told that The Girl was inspired by the Blumhouse logo? There's a similar girl in it.

Blumhouse Productions Logo - YouTube

The girl is inspired by the opening Blumhouse logo, but I still don’t get who the devil is or what the opening room is. On the video I saw I did recognize the room with the moving paintings from the opening logo which was cool to see

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to expand on The Girl segment and make it an entire maze next year. I could definitely be wrong, but maybe the confusion about the relationship between the demon "Charlie" (I think that's what she kept calling him in there) and the girl is intentional, as a way to set up something for the future.

Last edited:
Lower Lot next to Panda Express.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I would not be surprised if we had a HOB every year with newly released movies of theirs, sadly.

I think we are going to see Blum become more..permanent, shall we say. It makes sense, and it isn't like they are running out of things. Not to mention, with HDD2 & the future FNAF film, it only makes sense.

Where is the Stranger things themed food located?

As Hacker said, Benny's is next to Panda.

Reactions: ush.hacker
For a split second I thought you were implying we were gonna get a permanent Horrors of Blumhouse Attraction replacing TWDA.

Pardon my senselessness for not saying it right.

I think, Blumhouse; is going to become more like The Walking Dead. It'll have a role at Horror Nights, but the positive with Blumhouse is how it is everchanging and ever flowing.

Next year already has a very open window, with both Spawn and Happy Death Day 2. Not to mention in the future, with Five Nights; it makes complete sense to rely on them for the time being.

Pardon my senselessness for not saying it right.

I think, Blumhouse; is going to become more like The Walking Dead. It'll have a role at Horror Nights, but the positive with Blumhouse is how it is everchanging and ever flowing.

Next year already has a very open window, with both Spawn and Happy Death Day 2. Not to mention in the future, with Five Nights; it makes complete sense to rely on them for the time being.

If they keep doing creative, original spins on Blum properties like this year, then I can't mind too much.

What’s weird is that’s what this maze basically is lol. I’m walking through it Saturday and I’m pretty excited. ToD was a pretty enjoyable movie and it reminded me of HDD and the maze section looked good.

So what exactly is the plot of “The Girl” section? Like who is that devil guy

I got the impression that the demon was a monster possessing the Girl (like how she says "help me" sincerely at first, and then is completely mocking afterwards)

I actually kind of hope to see a full maze based off of this; maybe like Blumhouse characters "showing up" in the Girl's house. That would be conducive for multiple year repeats, and have the feel of an original maze, plus they get an excuse to reuse a facade and spare the budget. Win win!

Does anyone know what the early entry mazes are? Including the Times?

Barring any delays (and they are common)...

Stranger Things & Trick r Treat at 5
Blumhouse II and Poltergeist at 5:30
The First Purge at 5:45

Everything else at 7.

Please bear in mind Stranger Things suffers from light leak more than any other maze. Save it for after dark.

Man, I watched a "highlights" video for Orlando's Poltergeist maze (how come they're always highlights and never full mazes? anyone got any links?)

Per the request of Universal. Anyone posting full out videos is doing so without permission from Universal.

This is my fav part of the maze, too. Reminds me a lot of the darkness and dread the early HHN mazes had 07-11.

Oh man, a Spawn maze would be LEGIT!!

Per the request of Universal. Anyone posting full out videos is doing so without permission from Universal.
I figured it had something to do with that. How come Hollywood gets away with full walkthroughs than?

To be clear, I like the atmospheric unease I can sense in the POV. The spinning portraits are a great touch, and the audio design is great. I just think it's marred by the barrage of black walls and super generic box scares. Just... anything else. Please.

Reactions: Freak
If I go next Wednesday September 26th, will most employees be there or since it’s not a busy day does Universal not schedule a lot of people leaving some spots where there are no scare actors?