Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walkers do Orlando 2018

Laura’s in Sephora again.

Sunday.

I’ll leave my review for Volcano Bay in the proper thread at a later date. The short version is that the rides are great, the theming leaves a little to be desired and the layout feels like a bit of a mess.

After VB, we went back to the hotel for a small rest from the heat before heading to the outlets which have become a ridiculous experience. Valet parking takes up a good chunk of the parking at the entrance, the next closest section is different tiers of paid parking ranging from $3 - $10.

The outlets used to be a bargain but all the standard shops have become cheaper and obviously don’t have the lower quality outlet items.

Five guys for dinner which is great as always. Probably my favourite burger place. Culvers May top it but I’ll need to try it again before I leave and hopefully enjoy the meal without falling asleep into my burger.

I hear you on the outlets, we have completely stopped going to them, they just don’t provide any value anymore and are a real nightmare to navigate through. You have a better chance of walking away with an insurance claim on your rental car than a good deal. +1 in five guys, great American burger.

I wish people would stop feeding the birds at the food seating areas in VB.
I was on my Portofino room balcony last year enjoying the scenery and ambiance. . There was a couple dining fresco at Trattoria. A big heron kept clamoring around his table begging for food. He didn't feed it. Next thing you know the heron jumps up on the gentlemen's shoulders and forcibly ate the food off his plate.....Moral of the story: If you don't feed the birds, they will get even. :lol:

I was on my Portofino room balcony last year enjoying the scenery and ambiance. . There was a couple dining fresco at Trattoria. A big heron kept clamoring around his table begging for food. He didn't feed it. Next thing you know the heron jumps up on the gentlemen's shoulders and forcibly ate the food off his plate.....Moral of the story: If you don't feed the birds, they will get even. :lol:

They were actually filming a reboot for the movie Birds. Going back to their Universal Studios roots.

Five guys for dinner which is great as always. Probably my favourite burger place. Culvers May top it but I’ll need to try it again before I leave and hopefully enjoy the meal without falling asleep into my burger.

You go all the way to Orlando and have a Five Guys - we have plenty of them over here! I'd give you a KFC because that seems quite different to the UK version, but Five Guys seems identical! :D

I was more concerned with the birds on the beams above me arching their bums up. I was in a cat like state ready to jump out the way.
You go all the way to Orlando and have a Five Guys - we have plenty of them over here! I'd give you a KFC because that seems quite different to the UK version, but Five Guys seems identical! :D

I’d avoid KFC as long as Popeyes exists here.

I flat out refuse to pay the prices back home for a five guys, as much as I love the place, I’m also a little worried that it won’t be the same so I’ve never eaten there even though there’s two within a 10mile range.

I was more concerned with the birds on the beams above me arching their bums up. I was in a cat like state ready to jump out the way.

I’d avoid KFC as long as Popeyes exists here.

I flat out refuse to pay the prices back home for a five guys, as much as I love the place, I’m also a little worried that it won’t be the same so I’ve never eaten there even though there’s two within a 10mile range.
Supposed to be 'good luck'. :lol:

I’m also a little worried that it won’t be the same so I’ve never eaten there even though there’s two within a 10mile range

Totally agree that U.K. prices for five guys are absurd, that said the quality is just as good as over the pond.

I have one every 6 months or so as a small reminder.

Monday. Another day at Universal preceded by breakfast at Keke’s. Keke’s is probably my favourite breakfast place in Orlando. The food is excellent and great value. This was $8. Crazy!

34D6760B-FCAD-4F14-8CD6-D77203059078.jpeg

Nothing to really report about Universal except that Express Pass has completely changed the way I view the resort. It was Laura’s first time at Horror Make Up Show and my first time probably this millennium and it was hilarious. I’m a little amazed that they’re still managing to get away with this show in the world we live in but it’s something that’s sorely needed.

We rode Hulk again which was far better than I remember but the queue still sucks and it’s still rougher than it should be. Spider-Man is still #1.

FJ is a huge improvement with the new screens, it feels like a completely new ride. The lockers in the area are still a nightmare however.

Dinner was at Fogo De Chao using Magic Dining which makes the meal a bargain compare to the standard pricing. The front of of restaurant people didn’t seem too happy about us using that menu but if they have a sign on their front desk, what do they expect? The food and service was great though once we were seated. Laura didn’t get food poising this time too which was nice.

Monday. Another day at Universal preceded by breakfast at Keke’s. Keke’s is probably my favourite breakfast place in Orlando. The food is excellent and great value. This was $8. Crazy!

View attachment 7889

Nothing to really report about Universal except that Express Pass has completely changed the way I view the resort. It was Laura’s first time at Horror Make Up Show and my first time probably this millennium and it was hilarious. I’m a little amazed that they’re still managing to get away with this show in the world we live in but it’s something that’s sorely needed.

We rode Hulk again which was far better than I remember but the queue still sucks and it’s still rougher than it should be. Spider-Man is still #1.

FJ is a huge improvement with the new screens, it feels like a completely new ride. The lockers in the area are still a nightmare however.

Dinner was at Fogo De Chao using Magic Dining which makes the meal a bargain compare to the standard pricing. The front of of restaurant people didn’t seem too happy about us using that menu but if they have a sign on their front desk, what do they expect? The food and service was great though once we were seated. Laura didn’t get food poising this time too which was nice.
Where's Keke's located?....and ....can't beat hotel Express.:thumbsup:...Nothing like that anywhere:)...Helps even when it's slow, imagine how great it is for moderate and busy crowds. Once you get used to it, the habit is hard to break.

Where's Keke's located?....and ....can't beat hotel Express.:thumbsup:...Nothing like that anywhere:)...Helps even when it's slow, imagine how great it is for moderate and busy crowds. Once you get used to it, the habit is hard to break.

And is it pronouced Key-Key’s or Cake’s?
Ke-Ke's. It is over on Dr Phillip's so very close. One of my favs