Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 360 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The apparent fast-tracking definitely had something to do with the move. But Park 3 was in development long before that happened. They didn't start designing the park when funding went through. I know @Disneyhead knows this, just pointing out that design was long started by the time the greenlight came
Oh, absolutely. We even had seen hotel concept art prior to it being fast tracked.

I'm pretty sure that SNW was moved because the 3rd gate was green lit and fast tracked.

Yes, they knew before last August that they were gearing up to build the south resort, but when they got the green light and funds to fast track it, they decided to move SNW to the third gate. The funds to fast track it supposedly came with Trump's tax cut.

Damn, Trump actually did something that made me happy? I’m surprised.

I really do hope vertically built lands does occur and they utilize all the space adequately like they do with the 4 story park buildings at USJ and the Enchanted Storybook castle at SDL.

Basing off the SNW concept art, there are three levels but only two are really accessible per the image and video. It appears Peach Castle won't be freely exploitable which is kinda a bummer.

It goes back to even though Potter is great one of the biggest misses with the castle was the lack of the great hall and even making some of the classroom accessible for interactive experiences. (Make potions in the potions lab, etc) I think if they build up rather than out they can do so much more to allow guests more autonomy and exploration options while taking in consideration missed opportunities from earlier projects

Last edited:
I really do hope vertically built lands does occur and they utilize all the space adequately like they do with the 4 story park buildings at USJ and the Enchanted Storybook castle at SDL.

Basing off the SNW concept art, there are three levels but only two are really accessible per the image and video. It appears Peach Castle won't be freely exploitable which is kinda a bummer.

It goes back to even though Potter is great one of the biggest misses with the castle was the lack of the great hall and even making some of the classroom accessible for interactive experiences. (Make potions in the potions lab, etc) I think if they build up rather than out they can do so much more to allow guests more autonomy and exploration options while taking in consideration missed opportunities from earlier projects

Building "upwards" has the extra challenges of making things as accessible as possible for those with mobility issues. I agree though that it's worth the extra effort as it maximizes the use of limited space.

I think having some vertical lands would be nice however they are not space limited like Japan or Singapore so having the entire park that way doesn't make any sense. They have acquired over 1000 plus acres which is plenty of land to build a 2 full fledge dry parks and a Water Park as well.

Last edited:
I think having some vertical lands would be nice however they are not space limited like Japan or Singapore so having the entire park doesn't make any sense. They have acquired over 1000 plus acres which is plenty of land to build a 2 full fledge dry parks and a Water Park as well.
Land runs out fast when they also need hotels and a new CityWalk on top of those parks. Then we also have the needed parking for all of it.

Is it true thst universal Orlando has enough room to build 2 new parks instead of the fourth gate they are actually focusing on right now. The acres is around 500. So I was just curious or maybe a 2nd water park.
I read somwhere the total acreage was around 1000. If the current parks are not even 200 acres each why would you build vertical unless Fantastic Worlds is going to be huge.

Is it true thst universal Orlando has enough room to build 2 new parks instead of the fourth gate they are actually focusing on right now. The acres is around 500. So I was just curious or maybe a 2nd water park.
A second dry park on that new property is probably a couple of decades away, if ever. Not even worth thinking about.

I read somwhere the total acreage was around 1000. If the current parks are not even 200 acres each why would you build vertical unless Fantastic Worlds is going to be huge.

The "developable" acreage is more like 600 acres, though they could still acquire another 50-100 acres by buying more undeveloped parcels from bankruptcy, I think. The rest of the land is in a flood zone / wetlands, so there's basically zero chance of them developing the land that isn't already cleared.

I think as many have pointed out, the goal is to maximize the long-term utility of the land without limiting opportunities for future growth. Their current developable land is similar in size to the extent of UOR / TokyoDisney / Disneyland, which should be encouraging (it could presumably handle 30m visitors/yr) but needs to be carefully planned out.

All that being said, I don't think theme park #1 will be 'vertical' other than for theming purposes. I think Universal will want to go expansive and immersive. I do think the CityWalk / hotels will be more concentrated / have a more urban feel, but that's maybe a pipe dream of mine.

If their's just going to be 4 lands in the fantastic worlds park again they probably are going to be very big.....unless they add one or two more themed worlds like classic monsters. 4 worlds just seems like a small park to me but what do I know. Look at IOA that has about like 6-7 themed lands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suprachica79
If their's just going to be 4 lands in the fantastic worlds park again they probably are going to be very big.....unless they add one or two more themed worlds like classic monsters. 4 worlds just seems like a small park to me but what do I know. Look at IOA that has about like 6-7 themed lands.

It’s rumored to be six lands and a hub, but that number can change at any time before they start construction.

Reactions: HPFred

It blows my mind that classic monsters isn’t already a lock for one of the lands. Such an under-utilized asset in the parks, would be a nice addition for the parents and grandparents, and classic movie buffs alike.

It blows my mind that classic monsters isn’t already a lock for one of the lands. Such an under-utilized asset in the parks, would be a nice addition for the parents and grandparents, and classic movie buffs alike.

Would it be an amazing addition? Sure, but you have to figure out what you’re going to do with the main characters going forward. The Dark Universe bombed out, so that’s out of the question. What’s next?

Would it be an amazing addition? Sure, but you have to figure out what you’re going to do with the main characters going forward. The Dark Universe bombed out, so that’s out of the question. What’s next?

I think worrying about what comes next is a fools errand. The characters are timeless. Make a land based around them in some sort of timeless form and that’s enough.

Look at MSHI. Sure it’s not the hip version of the characters we currently see in film, but at the same time it’s a timeless version of those characters that won’t feel horribly dated once the MCU’s time passes

I think worrying about what comes next is a fools errand. The characters are timeless. Make a land based around them in some sort of timeless form and that’s enough.

Look at MSHI. Sure it’s not the hip version of the characters we currently see in film, but at the same time it’s a timeless version of those characters that won’t feel horribly dated once the MCU’s time passes
Yes. I strongly agree with you on both points. Timeless quality has much merit &, of course, longevity, without becoming outdated overnight.

Reactions: Suprachica79
Status
Not open for further replies.