Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting... seems like an easy re theme. Hopefully something comes out of this like a dining experience or top notch Pixar shopping. I can see their expanding even more to make just that much more room for Mickey and Minnie and Galaxy's Edge

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Interesting... seems like an easy re theme. Hopefully something comes out of this like a dining experience or top notch Pixar shopping. I can see their expanding even more to make just that much more room for Mickey and Minnie and Galaxy's Edge
It makes no sense that there’s no real sit down Pixar dining.

50’s Prime Time is begging to be turned into an Incredibles restaurant. Sci-Fi Drive In is begging to be turned into a Cars restaurant.

It’s such an easy, lazy redo.

I sadly think Launch Bay will be around for a long time. It'll act as counter-programming to Galaxy's Edge when that opens up :(

I think that, whenever Star Tours goes down, Launch Bay goes with it. It’s overkill to have multiple SW attractions spread throughout the park.

Isn’t there a Doctor Strange attraction rumored for DHS? I’ve heard about it, but haven’t heard any specifics.

Isn’t there a Doctor Strange attraction rumored for DHS? I’ve heard about it, but haven’t heard any specifics.
I'm someone that wouldn't hate a re-theme of ToT to a Sanctum Sanctorium drop tower.

If Disney really wanted to go above and beyond, they'd create a new ride system that's almost a fusion of Falcon's Fury and ToT's systems. The initial tour of the hotel would be replaced with a quirky tour of the Sanctum with the Cloak of Levitation as our guide. At the top of the tower, we meet Strange himself (musion or animatronic), and after the classic opening of the windows overlooking the park, something goes wrong and you'd face downwards similarly to Falcon's Fury, but you'd be looking down into an opening sling ring portal. Throughout the drops, we go through portals that change the environment around you (using projections, lighting, temperature effects, even some screenz) to locations such as: Himalayan mountains, falling off of a NYC skyscraper, dropping off of the pyramids of Giza, etc. The randomized drops could be retained from ToT along with the randomized scenes from Mission Breakout (Randomized locations the sling ring takes you to). Would be a truly innovative and mind-blowingly thrilling immersive experience to combat Mario Kart and the HP coaster.

Had been tossing this idea around in my head for a while, and I really think it could be a great attraction, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to lose ToT just yet.

I get it, but I feel like it's inevitable that RaRC will be closed or at least re-themed soon, leaving ToT as the last non-Disney IP attraction at the parks.

As much as I would be against it, I feel like ToT will be at least re-themed to a more relevant IP than The Twilight Zone soon, and I see the Sanctum as a nice fit.

Maybe Disney can avoid the Marvel contract by not actually including Strange in the ride, only his cloak and his Sanctum.

I get it, but I feel like it's inevitable that RaRC will be closed or at least re-themed soon, leaving ToT as the last non-Disney IP attraction at the parks.

As much as I would be against it, I feel like ToT will be at least re-themed to a more relevant IP than The Twilight Zone soon, and I see the Sanctum as a nice fit.

Maybe Disney can avoid the Marvel contract by not actually including Strange in the ride, only his cloak and his Sanctum.

1) This all sounds terrible. Sorry. :lol:

2) They have free use of Strange.

3) The Twilight Zone is getting a reboot next year.

Reactions: Magic-Man
1) This all sounds terrible. Sorry. :lol:

2) They have free use of Strange.

3) The Twilight Zone is getting a reboot next year.
1) A reboot...still not owned by Disney.
2) Oh, and as we all know, reboots always do great!
*cough* Heroes, *cough* Charlie's Angels, *cough* Ghostbusters

3) Who HoB'd in your coffee this morning?

Reactions: alias8703
I just think there needs to be better justification for taking down one of the greatest rides ever made based on one of the most iconic pieces of media ever made than "But Disney doesn't own that." Especially if the replacement is something as forgettable as the MCU version of Doctor Strange.
It'll help spread the crowds at Hollywood Studios around after SWL opens, although I could see a RnRC replacement doing the same (Even if it's just a re-theme, Disney fans go wild for anything new).