Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 363 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope would be something Animal Kingdom esque. A larger river with a large lake area attached that can be used for a show.

Just looked at an overhead view of the main area of Animal Kingdom, and it’s a perfect layout style!

Going off of AK’s map for reference, you can put the hub on the main island (with a view tower to look at all of the lands), Jurassic World where Everest is (and it retains that fantastic lake seen in the Beijing concept art), WaterWorld/Fantastic Beasts where Dino-Rama/Dinosaur is, Classic Monsters where Pandora is, Nintendo in the Africa/Safari section, and DreamWorks where Kali Rapids is. Have a transit system in the rivers, a live night show on the lake, and small, border-like mini-sections between the lands, and you got yourself a good, balanced layout. Obviously, the lands aren’t to scale, but you get the point.

I was just thinking about which IPs would be perfect for new boat rides. Uni really only has Jurassic Park as something equivalent to what you find at Disney. With Shanghai POTC tech being so highly praised I wonder what Creative can create to be as highly regarded.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club!

So with the new, next-level coaster going in the Hogsmead, what innovative technology could they use or would like to see with FB?
Floo powder network indoor dark ride with the turning and sudden drop capability of a crazy mouse coaster, but inside with wild walls and changing scenery to simulate teleporting between locations from the films. Of course, populated with a hundred creature AAs. Naturally.

If this park receives the following (no matter the IP/story), it's a win in my books:
Tranquil Boat Ride
Water ride that gets you wet
Something similar to Tower of Terror
A regular Fantasyland style dark ride
A dark ride that surpasses Spiderman/Forbidden Journey in story and ride system
Family coaster similar to Big Thunder
Thrill coaster similar to Everest OR Mummy
A stellar show (nighttime or stage show)
A GOOD screen ride (just because you always need SCREENZ)

Give me all of those and everything else is extra.

If this park receives the following (no matter the IP/story), it's a win in my books:
Tranquil Boat Ride

I completely agree with this, but give me an interactive dark-ride as well. Something similar to an upgraded version of TSM would be awesome.

Also, how the heck is Mummy a thrill coaster? It’s a indoor family coaster.

I’m wondering what that Jurassic World coaster is going to be considered. Is it a thrill coaster or a family coaster? It seems pretty similar to Everest in a couple of ways, especially since it seems to have multiple sections inside the mountain.

Tranquil Boat Ride

A regular Fantasyland style dark ride = Yoshi
A dark ride that surpasses Spiderman/Forbidden Journey in story and ride system = Mario Kart
Family coaster similar to Big Thunder = Donkey Kong (or not. Who knows that that's gonna be)

Tranquil Boat Ride - Shrek's Swamp
Water ride that gets you wet - Kung Fu Panda
Something similar to Tower of Terror - Dracula's Castle
A regular Fantasyland style dark ride - Yoshi, Sanrio, Luigi's Mansion
A dark ride that surpasses Spiderman/Forbidden Journey in story and ride system - Mario Kart, Frankenstein's Castle, HtTYD
Family coaster similar to Big Thunder - DK (maybe), Dragon
Thrill coaster similar to Everest OR Mummy - Dracula, Wolf Man
A stellar show (nighttime or stage show) - SPONGEBOB! Or actually the Dragons arena show
A GOOD screen ride (just because you always need SCREENZ) - Ready Player One (sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.