Budget Cutz: Disney Edition | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Budget Cutz: Disney Edition

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know what you're talking about, the emperor's robes are fantastic and expensive! Easily the best robes in Orlando.
this
Disney cutting entertainers is maddening, because in the grand scheme of things, the salary of those employees is a drop in the bucket. I’m sure there are much bigger fish when it comes to budgeting, but entertainment bears the brunt of it because it’s easier to give a few performers 2 weeks notice than to solve systemic issues of gargantuan project budgets and inflated head corporate salaries.
I agree. And "ENTERTAINMENT" has always been one of the cornerstones of the Disney difference/experience. 'The Brand" suffers when things like this occur. Maybe not today, but down the road it will have a detrimental effect on 'The Brand".

I want to be excited about this closing and the prospect of a new and better land back there, but it’s hard to be excited for or to even legitimately expect anything when so many damn cuts are happening.
I might get excited in 3 years or so but for now I am glad they are changing the obscure story that debuted with tech that is problematic in this setting. Staying in a hotel that I need to pick up (find) a pad to turn off the tv when i get sleepy. Takes a minimum of three button pushes to shut it off. They need to ask if they should before they toss in tech just because they can. A bunch of RC pilots driving the boats would work better. This cast was doomed from the start so no surprise they are out

Reactions: tankart150
this

I agree. And "ENTERTAINMENT" has always been one of the cornerstone of the Disney difference. 'The Brand" suffers when things like this occur. Maybe not today, but down the road it will have a detrimental effect on 'The Brand".

Agreed. WDW Entertainment has already suffered with the rollback of walk around characters (which is understandable. The parks couldn’t handle them anymore). Their stage shows are either dated stage shows or temporary dance parties. I didn’t see the Jack Sparrow show so I can’t speak to it, but things like Citizens of Hollywood and the Rivers of Light storytellers work. Which makes this all the more frustrating. It’s those kinds of performers that make the parks a living, engaging experience.

I might get excited in 3 years or so but for now I am glad they are changing the obscure story that debuted with tech that is problematic in this setting. Staying in a hotel that I need to pick up (find) a pad to turn off the tv when i get sleepy. Takes a minimum of three button pushes to shut it off. They need to ask if they should before they toss in tech just because they can. A bunch of RC pilots driving the boats would work better. This cast was doomed from the start so no surprise they are out
Sure you quoted the right post?

Agreed. WDW Entertainment has already suffered with the rollback of walk around characters (which is understandable. The parks couldn’t handle them anymore). Their stage shows are either dated stage shows or temporary dance parties. I didn’t see the Jack Sparrow show so I can’t speak to it, but things like Citizens of Hollywood and the Rivers of Light storytellers work. Which makes this all the more frustrating. It’s those kinds of performers that make the parks a living, engaging experience.
Many a time we stopped at DHS primarily to see a Citizens of Hollywood skit, and rode a couple rides while waiting for the Fantasmic 'Show' to start. So basically we were there for the Street actors and the night show.

312.jpg

Maybe I’m not reading it correctly, but I’m not getting what you’re responding to in my post.

Or more, I’m confused by your post more than anything.
Ok no big deal, not everything has to make sense but the RoL show was never a good idea to begin with a service d they dumped a ton of money into unnecessary tech sa and e as Aventura did. Just cut ya can don't mean you should and that makes it vulnerable to being cut cuzco it's bad. Could have been so much better if they had stepped back and thought a bit.
ETA: wow, didn't know the phone turned it into such garbage

Last edited:
Ok no big deal, not everything has to make sense but the RoL show was never a good idea to begin with a service d they dumped a ton of money into unnecessary tech sa and e as Aventura did. Just cut ya can don't mean you should and that makes it vulnerable to being cut cuzco it's bad. Could have been so much better if they had stepped back and thought a bit.
Well yeah, out of everything, the RoL cuts make the most sense considering how unattended the show has been and how much of a failure it’s been.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that feature creates a bit of a bottleneck in that area
So it's the same as the hub, including the rose garden that has worked for many, many, many, many years but now it needs to go. Why not invest even more in the other 3 parks to make them more desirable to relief MK instead of taking the theme out of theme park and putting low capacity rides like the Tron coaster in there. What is next, the plastic castle? If they continue like this we have concrete and rides on it and that suspiciously looks a lot like Fun Spot.

Reactions: Quint