Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 406 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully now that Comcast has won the Sky bid they can focus funds on the parks and no more major cuts unless needed for something new.

I believe I've been told it is county policy that no roads may exceed 6 total thru lanes (both directions, typically 3 lanes each) with at-grade intersections/pedestrians permitted. Much of I-Drive and Universal Blvd is either widened to that limit or scheduled to be. I certainly can't think of any exceptions to that rule within Orange County.
Small Portion of S.R. 436 (Semoran) has a 4 short lived lanes. OBT as well. Only on One side though and they fall into eventual turn lanes. Thats very interesting. I know in Broward and Dade they have a ton of 4 thru lanes . Pinellas too.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I'm not aware of any great maps but this give some idea of the layout:
View attachment 7895

Yeah, I can’t see that road network not happening. It’s perfect for this sort of project. But I imagine that the Mandarin Road extension will mostly be an employee road. Kirkman will obviously be the main entrance and exit of the resort complex.

Also, I’m really hoping that we can see the theme park from the road. That’s one of my favorite parts of going to a park: the anticipation of seeing your favorite rides and attractions from a distance.
Noticed there were a lot of utility markers on Universal Blvd between Wet 'n Wild and the bridge crossing I4. Anyone know if any work is planned for there?

I believe that entire overpass is getting redone, but I may be wrong.

The I-4 Beyond the Ultimate project will be rebuilding that bridge and all of that part of I-4 to the Disney area soon. I expect Universal is pushing for some sort of dedicated transit lanes over the new bridge. Those flags may be related to the design work.

Some good news for anybody worried about Comcast's $49 billion ($38.8 billion cash + $10.3 billion debt) purchase of Sky:

Comcast is suspending their $5 billion a year share repurchase plan in 2019 to bring debt down and handle cash flow for Sky.

So the Sky purchase shouldn't have any impact on the theme park expansion as expected. Wall Street won't be happy, but this is the smartest long-term move. Comcast needs to be investing both in Sky and Orlando heavily the next couple of years.

Some good news for anybody worried about Comcast's $49 billion ($38.8 billion cash + $10.3 billion debt) purchase of Sky:

Comcast is suspending their $5 billion a year share repurchase plan in 2019 to bring debt down and handle cash flow for Sky.

So the Sky purchase shouldn't have any impact on the theme park expansion as expected. Wall Street won't be happy, but this is the smartest long-term move. Comcast needs to be investing both in Sky and Orlando heavily the next couple of years.
Do we think they gonne buy the Fox/Disney Sky shares or couldn't they care less because it's a minority share?

I’m more worried about Sand Lake/Universal Blvd :lol:
After seeing the massive traffic jam and gridlock at Universal last Thursday as a fleet of buses brought Microsoft people into the bought out parks, I have real concerns about buses carrying people to the new park from the hotels and the existing parks. I think a different transportation vision, that doesn't use buses, needs to emerge.

Reactions: HPFred
Status
Not open for further replies.