Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harmonious

Magic Kingdom 2?

They keep trotting out variations of this "We're honoring the park's original vision" line, and it's eye-rolling. I'd love to know what Disney brass thinks Epcot's "original vision" even was. I'd love to have Chapek or Iger asked that question so we could see them flounder and flail around in an attempt to articulate something I don't believe they understand.

They keep trotting out variations of this "We're honoring the park's original vision" line, and it's eye-rolling. I'd love to know what Disney brass thinks Epcot's "original vision" even was. I'd love to have Chapek or Iger asked that question so we could see them flounder and flail around in an attempt to articulate something I don't believe they understand.

Indeed. And all they need to do is read E. Cardon Walker's quote on the plaque out front. Sigh... :...:

Have the 8 yo back at the next earnings call. Wonder if they ever decided on a name for DHS?

"Original vision" of sleek buildings and and "foreign" cultures. Don't ask them about how there were no characters in the park for the first few years, maybe "original" started in the late 90s?

So something to note, Windows to the World was the name of the restaurant on top of the WTC. Soooooooo......
Technically the restaurant was Windows on the World, but it's certainly close enough to know what their "inspiration" was. I don't see a problem with the name though, even if it was exactly the same as the restaurant. There's a line you have to draw when it comes to any tragedy, but this is pretty far from where I've drawn mine.

Technically the restaurant was Windows on the World, but it's certainly close enough to know what their "inspiration" was. I don't see a problem with the name though, even if it was exactly the same as the restaurant. There's a line you have to draw when it comes to any tragedy, but this is pretty far from where I've drawn mine.
Windows on the World was actually the name I had heard. @Joe heard differently, but i'm just reporting what @Marni1971 said at one point and I trust him as the ultimate Disney insider more or less.

This is going to be a BIG show.

Makes sense. Disney is about to own it, after all...
MPW-26873

;)

So apparently the IllumiNations interim show has been back and forth on whether it will happen or not, but as of right now, apparently they are testing show elements after park hours, so it's leaning towards a yes. This show is codenamed "Project Spark" (with the permanent replacement code-name being "Project Kappa"). Martin seems like he's actually very positive on what this show, so hopefully if it happens, we don't have another Jungle Book: Alive with Magic situation.

The news about the permanent replacement show is extremely disappointing. The dumbing down of Epcot continues.

Maybe there's an outside chance this "Epcot Forever" show will be so popular that Disney decides to forgo the additional expense of creating the permanent show and just leaves the temporary one in place. Similar things have happened in the past...

Interesting no info on drones, so maybe that concept is out?
Did they give any info on the big show for 2020, or just the interim Batman Forever show for 2019?

Only the big show would have drones. Part of the reason it will take longer to prepare.

Did they give any info on the big show for 2020, or just the interim Batman Forever show for 2019?

Only the big show would have drones. Part of the reason it will take longer to prepare.

From Disney Parks Blog

The new nighttime spectacular will celebrate how Disney music inspires people around the world, and will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics and lasers.