Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So effectively FoP is running at half capacity.
Pretty much. What’s worse is they still load preshows as soon as they’re empty, and with the extra time needed to wait you end up seeing the filler options nearly every time in the middle. They’ve added more fun looking “calibration” stuff with your heat signatures on screen, but it’s so boring for several minutes of waiting while standing there.

I’ve also waited while seated on the RV for several minutes when they still have to wait for another theater to finish first before starting yours. You can actually hear their ride music cause it’s so quiet in the link chamber while waiting. And oh God does that bike seat start to hurt while just waiting there locked in.

Reactions: Clive and TDBLMT
Pretty much. What’s worse is they still load preshows as soon as they’re empty, and with the extra time needed to wait you end up seeing the filler options nearly every time in the middle. They’ve added more fun looking “calibration” stuff with your heat signatures on screen, but it’s so boring for several minutes of waiting while standing there.

I’ve also waited while seated on the RV for several minutes when they still have to wait for another theater to finish first before starting yours. You can actually hear their ride music cause it’s so quiet in the link chamber while waiting. And oh God does that bike seat start to hurt while just waiting there locked in.

So it’s more likely they’re running at 1/3 predicted capacity.

So it’s more likely they’re running at 1/3 predicted capacity.
I have no idea how it works, but definitely seems to be staggered as part of normal operation now. They’ve gotten good at keeping them from overheating, but they’re certainly never running them all simultaneously.

I know you’re all just trying to screw with me, so go ahead and let people believe nonsense. I know the ride runs at 100% capacity most of the day and has since about two or three months in, except when someone pukes or the occasional downtime that every ride gets now and then. If people are complaining because “they read online that you’re only running half capacity” I’ll just tell them wait and watch all four doors open and point out how unreliable the information they see on Insideuniversal is.

Also if you’re waiting on your RV for the ride to start, you’re waiting for another level to finish loading. They may have a guest with disabilities boarding or perhaps an inexperienced CM who’s not as fast as yours. Kind of like on Simpson’s how sometimes you watch the “teen operater” study for his Algebra exam for a while, and sometimes it goes straight to Krusty. If you’re hearing anything it’s the sound effects of them being loaded. You cannot even hear the ride in the preshow room of that ride room, let alone a different ride room. I’m sorry if my setting the record straight came across as “rude”, but it quite irksome to see false speculation spread as fact, when I know it not to be the case.

Reactions: OrlLover
I know you’re all just trying to screw with me, so go ahead and let people believe nonsense. I know the ride runs at 100% capacity most of the day and has since about two or three months in, except when someone pukes or the occasional downtime that every ride gets now and then. If people are complaining because “they read online that you’re only running half capacity” I’ll just tell them wait and watch all four doors open and point out how unreliable the information they see on Insideuniversal is.

Also if you’re waiting on your RV for the ride to start, you’re waiting for another level to finish loading. They may have a guest with disabilities boarding or perhaps an inexperienced CM who’s not as fast as yours. Kind of like on Simpson’s how sometimes you watch the “teen operater” study for his Algebra exam for a while, and sometimes it goes straight to Krusty. If you’re hearing anything it’s the sound effects of them being loaded. You cannot even hear the ride in the preshow room of that ride room, let alone a different ride room. I’m sorry if my setting the record straight came across as “rude”, but it quite irksome to see false speculation spread as fact, when I know it not to be the case.
You wouldn't be waiting for another "level" to finish, you would be waiting for another theater. All levels for each theater run at the same time. Like Soarin, but without the lift and decline motions.

And all the doors open and are loaded at once, per theater, sure.

Reactions: Frogki
You wouldn't be waiting for another "level" to finish, you would be waiting for another theater. All levels for each theater run at the same time. Like Soarin, but without the lift and decline motions.

And all the doors open and are loaded at once, per theater, sure.
I didn’t say you’re waiting for them to “finish” I said you’re waiting for them to finish LOADING. Finish getting all the butts in the seats and restraints locked. Finish tucking all the bag straps in and moving wheelchairs where they need to go. If your loader CM on your level is really fast and has no snags come up, they’ll have you all locked in and ready, but the other two levels may not be so fast or lucky. They may have a guest too large and have to get them off. That is what you’re waiting for, because as you said, all levels launch together. The other “theaters” are irrelevant. One “Theater” doesn’t know or care where in the cycle another “Theater” is.

Reactions: OrlLover
I didn’t say you’re waiting for them to “finish” I said you’re waiting for them to finish LOADING. Finish getting all the butts in the seats and restraints locked. Finish tucking all the bag straps in and moving wheelchairs where they need to go. If your loader CM on your level is really fast and has no snags come up, they’ll have you all locked in and ready, but the other two levels may not be so fast or lucky.
Gotcha.

I dropped my buddy a line (initial person to comment about FP+ availability and capacity issues) and he says everything is now smoothed out to his knowledge.

Reactions: Alicia
I dropped my buddy a line (initial person to comment about FP+ availability and capacity issues) and he says everything is now smoothed out to his knowledge.
So does this mean that the ride is now reliably running at near-full capacity?

Visited Pandora today.

The Land - Has a terrifically impressive sense of scale. Packed with amazing craftsmanship at every turn. This is truly Disney's answer to Universal's Diagon Alley, and while it lacks the emotional connection that the Potter books and movies have for me, Pandora is really a stunning area. Had the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse at Satu'li Canteen, and it was delicious.

Flight of Passage - Soarin' cranked up to 11. Pretty dazzling on a visual level, and quite exhilarating, but I don't think it would crack my "Top 10 Rides in Orlando" list.

Na'vi River Journey - Lots of lush set decoration, and there's a nicely laid-back, tranquil vibe to the ride that I think (partially) fills a void for the park. However, the attraction has no business commanding the sort of waits that it does. At 20 minutes, this would be a gem; at 80+ minutes, it's hard to justify waiting for that long. I think it's a good ride in and of itself, though.

At 20 minutes, this would be a gem; at 80+ minutes, it's hard to justify waiting for that long.
This is the best description of River Journey. At < 20 minutes, it might be my favorite “hidden gem” at WDW. I thought the ride was great, but not worth the 60 minutes (ended up being more than FoP!) that I waited for

Reactions: belloq87
This is the best description of River Journey. At < 20 minutes, it might be my favorite “hidden gem” at WDW. I thought the ride was great, but not worth the 60 minutes (ended up being more than FoP!) that I waited for

We waited about 50 for it today (posted at 60), and I'm glad we did, but I won't wait that long for it again.

It was up to 85 minutes when we got off.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
We waited about 50 for it today (posted at 60), and I'm glad we did, but I won't wait that long for it again.

It was up to 85 minutes when we got off.

My guess is that it is still new enough and there aren't enough other rides in the park to capture riders and reduce wait times. In other words, I am parroting what others have said. I'll be there in two months and hope that it isn't more than an hour. I want to ride it but I'm not real big on waiting over an hour for this ride.

Reactions to Na'Vi River Journey would be so much better if it had any kind of capacity. But at those waits, most people who come back from Pandora ask me why Disney even bothered building it as it was a waste of their time.

Yet FoP is one of the best rides ever no matter the wait so...

we waited about 20 mins for river journey and enjoyed it for what it was. Yes, I wish there was a bit more "meat" to it, but otherwise it's an ok ride. I wouldn't wait more than 20 mins again.