Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Oh cool. Didn’t realize they were different ride types.

Blame height restrictions but yeah.

If this is a Mack Family Launch, in anyway similar to Manta from SWSD; it'd be a great choice, as it'd bring something very unique if done the right way.

That said, I am interested about this 2020 coaster, arguably more than ever; to see what they do with a launched closed circuit.

You realize the Skyrocket I model is West Coast Racers because it doesn't have a forward/backwards launch combo.

Premier Rides SkyRocket History Lesson:
SkyRocket 1 - Sky Rocket - Kennywood
(Single Launch with only forward motion)

SkyRocket 2 - Superman Ultimate Flight - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
(Full Circuit Shuttle with a foward/backward/forward triple launch)

SkyRocket 2.5 - Tempesto - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
(Full Circuit Shuttle with a foward/backward/forward triple launch with 3 car trains)

SkyRocket 3 - Full Throttle - Six Flags Magic Mountain
(Full Circuit Roller Coaster with a single forward launch and an additional backwards/forward launch mid ride)

You realize the Skyrocket I model is West Coast Racers because it doesn't have a forward/backwards launch combo.

Premier Rides SkyRocket History Lesson:
SkyRocket 1 - Sky Rocket - Kennywood
(Single Launch with only forward motion)

SkyRocket 2 - Superman Ultimate Flight - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
(Full Circuit Shuttle with a foward/backward/forward triple launch)

SkyRocket 2.5 - Tempesto - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
(Full Circuit Shuttle with a foward/backward/forward triple launch with 3 car trains)

SkyRocket 3 - Full Throttle - Six Flags Magic Mountain
(Full Circuit Roller Coaster with a single forward launch and an additional backwards/forward launch mid ride)

Sorry, my bad. I thought it was something else :doh:

I don't think Premier or Six Flags has discussed though on what WCR is based off of. Perhaps someone could clear that, but I thought it wasn't classified in any of the current styles of the Sky Rocket.

I like @SWBGFan’s earlier location concept for this one. With launches instead of lift hills it could definitely fit over there.
NNGEYXs.jpg

Am I the only one who doesn't believe any of these slides. They are so vague and literally just filled with information that we already know from BTT's post. Also, the graphics look like they're from a video game. The only one that looks remotely convincing is the SeaWorld San Diego one. I mean heck, I didn't even see a single name of a ride. You would think if SeaWorld San Diego's 2019 ride was announced they'd at least have a name! :doh:

Sheesh I mean does anyone really think they would present a slideshow with "Stats are still being worked out with vendor" in the slide?

These slides line up with the BTT/WGT posts because they are the source for those posts. Whoever runs Amusement Leaks got ahold of them and leaked them, so that's why they're coming out after the articles.

And yes, this is simply a presentation deck put together to show investors/board members/executives/etc what's coming to the parks in the future. Obviously a lot of it is still in development, but the people that this is targeted at don't care about specifics like names/theme/stats. It's just a broad overview to show that new attractions are in the works.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn't believe any of these slides. They are so vague and literally just filled with information that we already know from BTT's post. Also, the graphics look like they're from a video game. The only one that looks remotely convincing is the SeaWorld San Diego one. I mean heck, I didn't even see a single name of a ride. You would think if SeaWorld San Diego's 2019 ride was announced they'd at least have a name! :doh:

Sheesh I mean does anyone really think they would present a slideshow with "Stats are still being worked out with vendor" in the slide?

BTT's info came from the slideshow...