Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think this will be a solid enough ride but looking at the artwork the 'train' looks to be the same as the GMR ride vehicles. Add that in with the 7 minute time and you're probably looking at an overlay as opposed to anything brand spanking new.

Still looking forward to it though!

I think this will be a solid enough ride but looking at the artwork the 'train' looks to be the same as the GMR ride vehicles. Add that in with the 7 minute time and you're probably looking at an overlay as opposed to anything brand spanking new.

I believe its been said that it isn't an overlay. Which is exciting!

It is not the GMR vehicles. It is a trackless system similar to Ratattoui. Each car is much smaller than the GMR and when in the load area will appear to be a train. During the ride the cars will "break apart" and go about their own path eventually "joining" back up in train form by the end.

Must admit I had a quick glance at the artwork and made the assumption just because of how the 'train' looked. 2019 looks like being a great year for DHS.

Reactions: Disneyhead

Trust me, the ride system is nowhere near the same.

Looking at the roof in this picture, i'm sort of surprised they didn't go for a full roof replacement while they were replacing the ride as it doesn't look all that healthy in the below photo.

Reactions: Ryno27
"SEE!? THERE'S A REASON WE DO IT THE WAY WE DO!" - Universal, probably :lol:
I mean, to be fair Disney hasn't ever given an official timeline for this ride yet. The leaks have given us an idea of when they wanted it open by.

I had heard close to a year ago that Summer was gonna be a no-go, but then the rumor of summer started coming around more recently so I had assumed things sped up. Guess not.

I’m not suprised considering that the show building is huge and for them to be installing an entire new ride the timeline did seem a little tight.

Opening it right before SW Land opens almost makes the entire investment worthless. It will sell no hotel rooms, it will draw no one there. They will all be going for SW, and go ride this too.

Opening in Summer would have kept the Studios from getting record low attendance as everyone waits for SW Land to open.

I can't imagine they are happy about this.