Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Killer Klownz is just not my cup of tea. It's honestly the lowest in my rankings of the zones (haven't seen mechanic chainsaws). I know it's not trying to be scary, but i'd much rather take Vamp 85 over this since it's at least a fun atmosphere rather than Klownz where it's small and they never ever seem to even want to acknowledge that i'm in the zone.

Killer Klownz is just not my cup of tea. It's honestly the lowest in my rankings of the zones (haven't seen mechanic chainsaws). I know it's not trying to be scary, but i'd much rather take Vamp 85 over this since it's at least a fun atmosphere rather than Klownz where it's small and they never ever seem to even want to acknowledge that i'm in the zone.

The mechanic chainsaw team feels like good old HHN, it definitely has a feeling of pre 2010 HHN about it,
but that area gets really depressing when you see the Blinky cart in the middle of that "zone" and you see the mini bar selling stuff.
sitting Right in the freaking middle :lol::lol:

I know universal wants to push their blinky stuff into people to buy.... but that blinky cart ruins any chance of this area to be fully scary or feel like a zone. it felt really bad, I kept thinking.... "universal, really?"

That combined with the lack of any props or any HHN lighting makes it a pretty strange experience. (you have the bring red Fast and furious lighting which helps, but the white light from the store kinda ruins the immersion)

Based on previous years, what is the likelihood that Express will sell out prior to an event? I get a discount on Express, but need to purchase it in person and will not be there until the night before I'm going.

Tonight was a rather nice night.

Not too crowded.

Killer klowns gets super super crowded.
Killer klowns is now a 100% fully photo op zone.
A fully, legitimate selfie zone.

But thats not even a bad thing..
The klowns are having a lot of fun with the guests and the guests leave very happy.
I think this zone is the first time i see people not scared but genuinely happy with their selfies.
No one really gets turned down, and there are so many clowns that people can have multiple selfies and security is not in their case.

Also the klowns are so slow that they just hang around and wave and play with people.

Killer klowns might be the most guest friendly scarezone that ive ever seen.
Normally I get annoyed with people taking pictures with actors, especially when it’s busy and they get in peoples ways, but this zone is perfect for it and I think creative figured it would be that way from the beginning. Heck I even got my picture taken with one of those silly Klowns.

So,how did it go?

Sorry for the late response... We survived!!

Crowds were actually "manageable" but it was much busier than we expected especially compared to when we went last year. And an "annual passholders event" threw our whole plan for a loop.

Our idea was to go to Duff Gardens stay and scream eat a big pink donut drink dufftoberfest and then eat at Fast Food Boulevard then hit up all the back houses first. That area was only open to Annual Passholders (is there a way to find out when those events are in the future to avoid them). So we had a choice of Finnegans or Hello Kitty and we went with Finnegans which was really big, but still very crowded. We were starting to panic as this was a one night thing for us and we completely had to change our whole game plan.

Without going into too much detail we started with Stranger Things and bounced around the whole park. We still had a fantastic time and were able to do 9 of the 10 houses so it was an overall success, but it was HOT HOT HOT, and it was way more crowded than we prefer... yet the longest line we waited in was probably Poltergeist at around 55ish minutes

I might write a review in that section, but yes that Friday was pretty busy but still manageable... I wish it was open to 2 we def could have done all 10 houses.

Sorry for the late response... We survived!!

Crowds were actually "manageable" but it was much busier than we expected especially compared to when we went last year. And an "annual passholders event" threw our whole plan for a loop.

Our idea was to go to Duff Gardens stay and scream eat a big pink donut drink dufftoberfest and then eat at Fast Food Boulevard then hit up all the back houses first. That area was only open to Annual Passholders (is there a way to find out when those events are in the future to avoid them). So we had a choice of Finnegans or Hello Kitty and we went with Finnegans which was really big, but still very crowded. We were starting to panic as this was a one night thing for us and we completely had to change our whole game plan.

Without going into too much detail we started with Stranger Things and bounced around the whole park. We still had a fantastic time and were able to do 9 of the 10 houses so it was an overall success, but it was HOT HOT HOT, and it was way more crowded than we prefer... yet the longest line we waited in was probably Poltergeist at around 55ish minutes

I might write a review in that section, but yes that Friday was pretty busy but still manageable... I wish it was open to 2 we def could have done all 10 houses.

I think every HHN night should be a 2am closing

here here!

Also for as crowded and hot as it was, I will say the crowd was all very respectful and friendly. Very few obnoxious guests ... not much line jumping attempts, not many fall down drunks I was honestly very impressed at how cool most people seemed and a lot of friendly people in line... I might have just always been in the right place at the right time, but I was pleasantly suprised.

here here!

Also for as crowded and hot as it was, I will say the crowd was all very respectful and friendly. Very few obnoxious guests ... not much line jumping attempts, not many fall down drunks I was honestly very impressed at how cool most people seemed and a lot of friendly people in line... I might have just always been in the right place at the right time, but I was pleasantly suprised.
I had some kids in the row behind me on Mummy singing the song from the titanic very loudly during load. That was stopped. Also had a very loud outburst of cheers and whoooooos and whatnot in the Gringots lobby area of the ride queue, and I’m hoping it was a proposal that I missed and not some teenagers looking for attention or even worse, having a go at one of the goblins again. :chainsaw:

Still trying to decide if we should go for Stranger Things first or last. Would love to go twice if possible, but seems essential for express.

The gameplan I did Wednesday/Thursday was to hit it first thing out of S&S. Both days I was about halfway back in the first holding area at Finn's, and got out of the house by 6:15. You should still have time to get Scary Tales or Carnival done (possibly both depending on the night) before the general public crowds those.

The gameplan I did Wednesday/Thursday was to hit it first thing out of S&S. Both days I was about halfway back in the first holding area at Finn's, and got out of the house by 6:15. You should still have time to get Scary Tales or Carnival done (possibly both depending on the night) before the general public crowds those.
Not bad. We won't have SS, so I imagine the lineup for ST will be a bit long come 6:30.

Not bad. We won't have SS, so I imagine the lineup for ST will be a bit long come 6:30.

In that case, I'd seriously consider investing in an Express Pass, or adding on a daytime ticket if that's more desirable. When I was there Saturday (ignored ST), the line was 160mins around 6:45. So many people go to Stranger Things straight from S&S that guests entering at 6:30 from the main gates don't really stand a chance.

If the standard express is too expensive, consider the after 10pm Express Pass, and try to use it on Stranger Things anytime the regular line dies down a bit to the point where you're willing to wait half that time (ie. 90mins regular wait would mean up to 45min Express Pass wait).

And an "annual passholders event" threw our whole plan for a loop.

Our idea was to go to Duff Gardens stay and scream eat a big pink donut drink dufftoberfest and then eat at Fast Food Boulevard then hit up all the back houses first. That area was only open to Annual Passholders (is there a way to find out when those events are in the future to avoid them).
The AP early entry events are typically the first 2 Friday and Saturday nights of the event. This year it was 9/14, 9/15, 9/21, and 9/22.