Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

RIP Gwazi (1999-2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be classified as a rebuild. There will be bents taken away, bents added, probably need footings added as well. Retracks maintain the ride profile with a fresh rain - rebuilds like this will make this feel like a completely new experience.
Thanks, I don't follow as closely as some of you do so I like to learn.

So is it a retrack or a rebuild? Rebuild I think.
If rebuild I think a new name, how about "Jack's super fun coaster"?

I think Twisted Tiger is almost a lock for the new name:

Trademark Status & Document Retrieval

If that is the name, I think this will be one long giant coaster. You do one side and instead of returning to the station, you pass through and ride the other side. It still keeps the dueling element and might allow for the longest RMC record.

I think Twisted Tiger is almost a lock for the new name:

Trademark Status & Document Retrieval

If that is the name, I think this will be one long giant coaster. You do one side and instead of returning to the station, you pass through and ride the other side. It still keeps the dueling element and might allow for the longest RMC record.

The one issue I have with this is that they already have a tiger-themed roller coaster in the park, and it has a similar name. Why wouldn't they choose something different?

The one issue I have with this is that they already have a tiger-themed roller coaster in the park, and it has a similar name. Why wouldn't they choose something different?

That's a good point. The trademarks were registered at the same time. Busch also changed the name of Cheetah Chase after Cheetah Hunt opened.

Keep the name, but change it a little.

Gwazi Unleashed has a nice ring to it...
How about this: The queue is themed to a high-tech lab in the mountains of Africa, and using the power of virtual reality the ride puts you in a futuristic exploration vehicle where you encounter a mythical creature with the head of a tiger and the body of a lion, which chases you away from the mountains. Then, just when you think you've escaped, Gwazi pounces at you out of nowhere and swallows you whole!
...Pretty ingenious, huh? :lol:

Heck, to be hip; perhaps they may base it off of an African Leopard, and it's more about the thrill of the hunt?

It's either that in my mind..or more related to that it'll focus on two forms of hunting animals, given the nature of which Gwazi is.

I’m really hoping this will be a true two track dueling hybrid. I’m not against the one track option, I just want Florida to have the bragging rights lol.
As far as the name goes “Gwazi 2.0: With Metal” kinda rolls off the tongue... jk

I think Tasmanian Terror sounds good for an RMC in an Australia-themed area (if they were to do that).
images

Status
Not open for further replies.