Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, they really used the entire plot of DD well. I was worried the coaster would be small, and the unused areas would be more stores. The outline looks pretty incredible.
Exactly, I expected this ride to be off to the side of this plot all enclosed and half the length...The sprawling nature of it alone makes it exciting....Add in show scenes and backwards/drop motion...It is a worthy succesor to DD

With @Alicia 's original comments of "lots of rockwork" maybe the tall walls between Hogsmeade and the coaster will be covered. That would make a nice visual.
Probably the whole last third of the ride, plus along the queue building entrance area. If that cave ever shows up, that could help block the view of the end of the ride from the front too.
What are the odds that this will have a better locker situation?
By not requiring EVERYTHING to go into lockers, it'll already be improved, (like when Dragons first opened). Without metal detectors, only bags will need to be lockered before riding.

Zed, in that they will not be relocated. Perhaps it will use the ticket based system?

The ticket system is a far better system but it's like choosing the best STD.

Probably the whole last third of the ride, plus along the queue building entrance area. If that cave ever shows up, that could help block the view of the end of the ride from the front too.

By not requiring EVERYTHING to go into lockers, it'll already be improved, (like when Dragons first opened). Without metal detectors, only bags will need to be lockered before riding.

Improved over DD maybe but DD, HRRR and Hulk never have the same volume of guests as other locker areas because of the what they are so the locker situation was never as bad.

Gringotts and FJ are a nightmare. Trying to get a bag in the locker the other day with a 40min wait and almost every screen had a locker full display which only made things worse.

If I could change anything about Universal, the lockers would be the first thing to go.

Gringotts and FJ are a nightmare. Trying to get a bag in the locker the other day with a 40min wait and almost every screen had a locker full display which only made things worse.

If I could change anything about Universal, the lockers would be the first thing to go.
Maybe it gets expanded? They did wrap the work walls around it a few weeks ago.

The best part of the park ticket version are the smaller lockers, because not everyone needs a big one, and that adds a lot more capacity to the system. Of course, without metal detectors, they don't really need the small ones, as those are mainly for phones and wallets.

here is my attempt at aerial photography :grin:

from a high floor at Aventura:

31022425418_135b1a7e40_k.jpg

Maybe it gets expanded? They did wrap the work walls around it a few weeks ago.

The best part of the park ticket version are the smaller lockers, because not everyone needs a big one, and that adds a lot more capacity to the system. Of course, without metal detectors, they don't really need the small ones, as those are mainly for phones and wallets.

Expanded will work wonders. The key is to have more area and having lockers on every wall and sticking out from the wall make the areas feel crammed and a lot of people apparently don't know how to queue.

I like the idea of the smaller locker but it's poorly executed for one simple reason. They made it horizontal when it should be vertical because if you put a refillable cup in, it will spill when put on it's side. Granted, it will take you longer than 10mins to ride whatever and you could just pour the drink out and refill it but it's wasteful.

Expanded will work wonders. The key is to have more area and having lockers on every wall and sticking out from the wall make the areas feel crammed and a lot of people apparently don't know how to queue.

I like the idea of the smaller locker but it's poorly executed for one simple reason. They made it horizontal when it should be vertical because if you put a refillable cup in, it will spill when put on it's side. Granted, it will take you longer than 10mins to ride whatever and you could just pour the drink out and refill it but it's wasteful.
THIS. Of course you can pour your drink out if you have free refills but when there’s a 5 minute wait at every freestyle machine you think twice about pouring your drink out

here is my attempt at aerial photography :grin:

from a high floor at Aventura:

31022425418_135b1a7e40_k.jpg

High zoom photos, however deceiving are fascinating to look at. That office building looks like it is 10 feet from the coaster.

I would assume they are joining the window pieces together with a fiberglass tape perhaps. I love watching and wondering how.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the big white noise wall at back of the area that's always been there? Camera zoom trickery making it look closer.

View attachment 7926

That’s it... Jeeez, it looked so white in that picture compared to the rest of it. Fooled by the zoom!

Edit: actually, I am quite sure it HAS been painted white... What are they up to I wonder?

Last edited:
Syphillis

oh you weren't asking, nevermind

Speaking of lockers. I had a group with me who did mobile tickets. But for the hulk ride, since they need the ticket to open and close the locker, but can’t have their phone (ticket) with them on the ride, they wouldn’t have been able to get a locker if I hadn’t been with them and used my AP for lockers.

Is this an oversight by Uni or is there a fix we just didn’t think about?

Status
Not open for further replies.