Walt Disney World Ticket Price Increases/Seasonal Pricing (Fall 2018) | Inside Universal Forums

Walt Disney World Ticket Price Increases/Seasonal Pricing (Fall 2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 15, 2012
Walt Disney World has announced starting Oct 16 seasonal ticketing pricing is being extended to multiday passes. You must now pick a strict time frame to visit and your first day ticket price will be the base price.

The bad
  • This will be confusing to the average guest.
  • This will make it easy for Disney to raise prices in a stealthy manner that does not attract media attention.
The good
  • If you are a savvy planner you can work the system in your favor.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wonder how this will work for people from the UK or if we'll still pay our flat fee.

If I know I can go in September and pay the lower price, I'll be much cheaper buying tickets at the gate than here.

Good luck explaining that to guests, Disney!

As someone who voluntarily assists friends, family, & co-workers with their Disney trip planning, I think I'm out on this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
I recently had to coach my adult, intelligent sister and her family on how to navigate FP+ and the need to rope-drop. They still missed FoP, 7DMN, PP, and TT. I can't imagine "lay" people doing this at all.

Reactions: Suprachica79
I wonder how this will work for people from the UK or if we'll still pay our flat fee.

If I know I can go in September and pay the lower price, I'll be much cheaper buying tickets at the gate than here.

I don't think it will affect us in the UK due to the tickets that Disney does for us, UK people generally go for 7 days or more and the tickets that we get reflect that.

Multi day tickets won't change, just single day tickets. This really only affects people who don't pre-plan their visit and just buy a one day ticket.

Multi day tickets won't change, just single day tickets. This really only affects people who don't pre-plan their visit and just buy a one day ticket.

I don't think you understood it. This definitely does affect multi-day tickets and the price of the multi-day tickets is going to vary based on a start date.