Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 370 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My wife and I, went to the scare-actor dining this past Saturday and we had a great time. We had official photos taken with Sam and the purge woman. At the end of the event they gave us a code to download the pics of Sam and purge woman for free.

Without a universal photographer there was a vampire from Vamp 85 walking around and the wicked witch from scary tales. The wicked witch talked to us, and was very entertaining. And the Vampire kept trying to sneak up to scare people at every table.

They had 2 characters not at the HHN event an evil doctor that was very funny and his assistant. They didn't come to our table, but we could have easily asked for either of them to stop over. The 4 characters that were part of HHN houses/scare zones all stopped at our table and interacted with us, though only the wicked witch talked.

We had a great time, and highly recommend it. We didn't have day passes, so we finished dinner by 6, and got a start on the houses before general admission was let in. The food was ok, but the character interactions and early access to houses made the event well worth it to us.

I was surprised there was no Demogorgon or Michael Myers, but we are big Trick R Treat fans, and were just happy to get a nice pic with Sam.

As paying guests at a private upcharge event where the half the focus is on exclusive character interactions - you shouldn't have to ask for the scare actors to stop over to you.

We had that experience the first year it was offered - characters skipping tables repeatedly during their rounds. We gave feedback to management and surveys etc. Tried it again the second year. Same thing. We won't be spending our money on a third.

So, I'm guessing that the casting call for a tall African-American barker type actor never came to pass?

Do we have any inkling what that was originally intended for?

Reactions: Lucky Planet
yeah gore doesnt mean scary.
to me a change is how the theme or the intensity of the actors can change.
even something as adding more light can make a house less scary, it doesnt have to do with gore.
thats why i found Aiello's tweets funny. a house can have all the rubber gore they want but if the house itself is comedic or if the actors are more playful then it stops being scary.
like slaughter cinema this year, gory, yet goofy.

I would go as far as to say that the Carnival house (although has amazing sets and great actors) feels more light than the others and the actors are a little more playful (due to the nature of the house)

But yeah, you could have gore and still have a lighter house. gore has nothing to do with it.
Dead Exposure has zero gore and it is scaring the hell out of a lot of people. just by intensity alone
I’ve only done Dead Exposure and Slaughter Cinema so far, but I gotta say, the total event lineup and the Houses I’ve done so far are probably my favorite since I started going in 2014 :)

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I believe that was the casting for the host of Vamp 85/Bangs and Fangs.

Interesting that they had a specified race for that part. I thought that most of the parts were race-agnostic unless they're supposed to be portraying a certain IP character.

As paying guests at a private upcharge event where the half the focus is on exclusive character interactions - you shouldn't have to ask for the scare actors to stop over to you.

We had that experience the first year it was offered - characters skipping tables repeatedly during their rounds. We gave feedback to management and surveys etc. Tried it again the second year. Same thing. We won't be spending our money on a third.

The characters that didn't stop over where not based on IP or any of the houses/scarezones at HHN. I didn't know much about them, and wasn't really interested in getting pics with them. The 4 characters that were based off houses/scarezones at HHN stopped by our table for pics without us having to do anything.

I understand what your saying, but we were happy with the interactions we got. We also appreciated getting into the parks earlier than general admission on a Saturday night (we didn't have park tickets for the day).

Reactions: Victoria
The characters that didn't stop over where not based on IP or any of the houses/scarezones at HHN. I didn't know much about them, and wasn't really interested in getting pics with them. The 4 characters that were based off houses/scarezones at HHN stopped by our table for pics without us having to do anything.

I understand what your saying, but we were happy with the interactions we got. We also appreciated getting into the parks earlier than general admission on a Saturday night (we didn't have park tickets for the day).

wait, what were they? were they Uni employees? what the hell :lol: where they part of the event or just random guests

Reactions: Chumpieboy
So is it true that a lot of effects haven’t been working the past few nights? Sucks if true—when I went through Poltergeist and saw the clown on ceiling, I thought about terrifying it would be when dropping at me.

Reactions: SeventyOne