Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank you very much for posting the pictures, although your dancing dinosaur with blurred "area" is a trifle disturbing. Does anyone know what is being built on the plot of land across the road from this resort? I assume that it isn't related to UNI but I wasn't sure what it was for.
Piles are being driven for the second part of Endless Summer which will be twice the size of the one being built now if I remember. Right @Alicia ?

Hadn't seen anything to do with this since the concept art, and suddenly there are entire buildings up. Wow.

Reactions: Coasted
So, I take it that the windows come from the factory premasked? After everything is dried they just peel off the plastic?

I think most windows come from the factory with a plastic coating any way. Prevents scratches too.

I assume that’s what Aventura had which is why the windows looked like a deeper shade of blue during construction.

Reactions: Teebin
The FAA permit for the first garage listed a work schedule of 09/04/2018 to 10/15/2018, but on the latest aerials it didn't look like they had even started pouring foundations yet, let alone vertical construction. It also seems to have taken them a really long time to get permit approvals from the city of Orlando, with many approvals coming just in the last couple of weeks despite being initially applied for this spring.

The FAA permit for the first garage listed a work schedule of 09/04/2018 to 10/15/2018, but on the latest aerials it didn't look like they had even started pouring foundations yet, let alone vertical construction. It also seems to have taken them a really long time to get permit approvals from the city of Orlando, with many approvals coming just in the last couple of weeks despite being initially applied for this spring.

I have a hard time believing they only thought it would take a month to build a parking garage.

I’ve got my sides mixed up. I always think dock side is on the lake because...well, dock.

Yeah, they’re building quick but even they’d struggle to achieve that.