Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 429 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, the icons of the park are either the Lighthouse...or Hulk IMO.

tumblr_nn9logE3YE1rp0vkjo1_500.gif
Hogwarts is better.

Reactions: Andysol
Why wouldn’t they just get rid of it all together? It serves no real purpose.

I see no problems with a large indoor area for people to cool off, have a bite, and see/learn facts and small info of dino's. It works well with the land, and it just needs some love to be real here.

But in no way or shape, will I ever imply it as an icon of the park.

Hogwarts is better.

I see no false statements here, only the truth.

Nothing confirmed yet, but we may want to keep an eye on some of the exhibits inside the Discovery Center.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Mike S and LJGonz
I see no problems with a large indoor area for people to cool off, have a bite, and see/learn facts and small info of dino's. It works well with the land, and it just needs some love to be real here.

But in no way or shape, will I ever imply it as an icon of the park.
Beat me to it, completely agree wit this 100%. Sometimes people forget while we all love new attractions it’s things like the discovery center that really flesh out theming. They add a “real” element to the land. Being in the Discovery Center the first time with my family it was almost like we forgot we were still at Universal it was a very surreal feeling when walked back out and realized “yep were still at IOA”.

I think myself and others have already hinted that you maaaayyy wanna get your last unobstructed photos of the Discovery Center as seen from across the lagoon now.

EDIT: Something I posted back in July:

I still think this is a horrible decision, almost (but not quite) akin to putting the wand on Spaceship Earth or the sorcerer's hat in front of the Chinese Theater.

The only good news is that what I'm imagining in my mind is likely far more hideous than this thing will actually end up being.

Or at least I hope so.

JPRA was by far my biggest disappointment at universal last week. It’s my favourite movie and I’ve loved the ride in the past, but it was very clear it needs some love and attention. The gates were permanently open, the first big dinosaur hardly cranked its head up at all... others were only just bobbing up and down in the water, the Raptor box didn’t move, some dinosaurs on the lift hill were static... and the T Rex was just fully out on display as we rounded the corner. It did move about but the effects were not what they should be or dramatic with lighting etc. Such a shame as I loved this ride. I’m hoping I had a bad run with a bad day as they did have to close the ride for 10 minutes before announcing “he’s back”, which I’m assuming meant T Rex.

JPRA was by far my biggest disappointment at universal last week. It’s my favourite movie and I’ve loved the ride in the past, but it was very clear it needs some love and attention. The gates were permanently open, the first big dinosaur hardly cranked its head up at all... others were only just bobbing up and down in the water, the Raptor box didn’t move, some dinosaurs on the lift hill were static... and the T Rex was just fully out on display as we rounded the corner. It did move about but the effects were not what they should be or dramatic with lighting etc. Such a shame as I loved this ride. I’m hoping I had a bad run with a bad day as they did have to close the ride for 10 minutes before announcing “he’s back”, which I’m assuming meant T Rex.

I completely doubt that JPRA will be that way when the new JP coaster opens. No, it won’t be themed to JW, but that doesn’t mean that the ride can’t get an upgrade still.

Status
Not open for further replies.