Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Outstanding new ride addition. Great rapids, innovative theming, lots of water, cool lift and really good music throughout the course. This moves to the top of my river rides list. Sea World has a winner.
Did I miss something? What's innovative about the theming? Is there something cool that we haven't seen?

Reactions: SeaWorldRocks
POV's have finally come out from quite a few.

From @ragerunner

From Banks & the Attractions crew,

From @RollermanDan (who gets the title of First to Ride on Softs),

& From Thrillgeek,

Honest take, seems really fun. It has a lot of great theming for a rapids ride, and has a lot of motion. Love the little drops that the ride does, as it's something I haven't really seen done that way for a US theme park of this scale.

Last edited:
Love the bunny hill portion, that's just brilliant. Looks awesome, hopefully the water cannons will be operational by guests soon and start really drenching people. The only thing I don't like is the flimsy and temporary-looking design of the flamingo habitat at the start of the ride, it looks as if it's in somebody's backyard. Could use a lot more foliage.

That said, while I don't think this will necessarily drive attendance (certainly not this late in the year), it ironically gives something for SeaWorld to promote during 2019 as they gear up for the multi-launch in 2020. I can forever see this being the biggest wait-time hog on hot days for eternity, and will lend even more justification to finally shut down JTA for good if they wish.

Love the ride, but I have one complaint. Am I the only one who hates how close the main drop gets to the lift hill? And how they didn’t attempt to theme it at all? It’s super ugly.
It's not horrible. The drop actually gets you wet as you go up the lift (in case you weren't wet enough!)

I like how it takes a bit of a pause before dropping you into some of the rapids

I would only add another waterfall feature and some scenery towards the back half

Also probably move the sprayers from the lift hill to the slow turnaround spot to make things a bit more interesting there

This ride looks super fun though, you really can't go wrong with a raft ride though

Reactions: Magic-Man
The integration of a jungle theme mixed with modern design/art sculptures.

And that is innovative, how?

Apart from the sign, the loading area and the drop structure. I'm not seeing any innovative use of modern art or sculptures. Unless you consider the unthemed brown walls modern art.

It's not the worst rapids ride, it's got some nice elements for sure. Though I don't understand the huge praise it's getting thematically when there are mega-themed rapids rides out there.

Apart from the sign, the loading area and the drop structure. I'm not seeing any innovative use of modern art or sculptures. Unless you consider the unthemed brown walls modern art.

It's not the worst rapids ride, it's got some nice elements for sure. Though I don't understand the huge praise it's getting thematically when there are mega-themed rapids rides out there.

TBH, I think something that's going to make the ride stand out more, compared to Kali and Popeye, is the bunny hill's.

It's rather unique for Orlando, even if it may be done somewhat elsewhere; it's a first for that kind of water attraction in the area.

I don't think the Jungle/Modern mix is innovative either, but I think the appeal that this ride is going to get, is rather with how much it gets people wet, and with the gimmick of the vertical lift hill. Not to mention, it looks fun, and the theming that is done is actually great for a rapids ride (and I'm meaning more in the rock work and all).

It may also be more praised, for space. It's not exactly a large site to begin with, especially compared to Popeye & Kali, so for what they did..it kind-of is great.

Comparing the three, if you will.

Infinity - 2.20 Acres (rough estimate, as it's more taken when it was being constructed)
Popeye - 3.14 Acres
Kali - 4.87 Acres

At the end of the day, while it does go for the eye of the beholder; I do think Inifnity is going to be oddly remembered as a fun, compact, and entertaining family raft ride; with some great scenic work alongside a gimmick that should actually be at more parks, the vertical lift.

I'm impressed.

It could just a perspective thing with the smaller boats, but from the videos I've seen it seems like there is a lot more extreme vertical movement (for the entire raft) when going through the rapids sections than on other rides of this type, which could also help differentiate this from other Orlando water rides.

Reactions: Magic-Man
This is getting praise (and rightly so) for not being bare bones like a Six Flags or Cedar Fair rapids ride would be. It's good to see SeaWorld spent money on landscaping and decorative touches rather than just adding a very generic ride. Is it up to the standards of the other Orlando parks, no, but that's not realistic model for SeaWorld any more. This is a fun addition to the park and well done considering the budget constraints of the park.

This is just like with Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse where they spent more money on decorative supports and some simple theme elements that go a long way. It's a step up from Mako's bare bones theme elements (which still are light years ahead of CF/SF efforts), and people are reacting favorably to it.

Anyone expecting Disney/Universal themed attractions from SeaWorld are always going to be disappointed.

This is getting praise (and rightly so) for not being bare bones like a Six Flags or Cedar Fair rapids ride would be. It's good to see SeaWorld spent money on landscaping and decorative touches rather than just adding a very generic ride. Is it up to the standards of the other Orlando parks, no, but that's not realistic model for SeaWorld any more. This is a fun addition to the park and well done considering the budget constraints of the park.

This is just like with Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse where they spent more money on decorative supports and some simple theme elements that go a long way. It's a step up from Mako's bare bones theme elements (which still are light years ahead of CF/SF efforts), and people are reacting favorably to it.

Anyone expecting Disney/Universal themed attractions from SeaWorld are always going to be disappointed.
Exactly

This is a much needed addition to the SWO lineup but I definitely agree with the comments that say it feels bare bones. First 25 seconds of the ride are great and then you head up the lift and it screams budget cuts. Needed more waterfalls for the rafts to dodge in the second half.

Reactions: SeaWorldRocks
This is a much needed addition to the SWO lineup but I definitely agree with the comments that say it feels bare bones. First 25 seconds of the ride are great and then you head up the lift and it screams budget cuts. Needed more waterfalls for the rafts to dodge in the second half.
You mean going up that terraced hill that the trough winds through on the way back down to ground level so you can go up the elevator lift with the rockwork? Yes, the walls are smooth concrete back there, but they are also going by so fast you barely see them and the smooth walls make the current faster. There's also a ton of plantings back there screening a backstage area. As it is you can barely see through it. Give it some more time to fill in.

Not sure how much more you wanted but the terraced hill was a lot more than I was expecting and gave it a steep grade change for fast rapids.

Reactions: MakoMania

The plants will grow in to cover the wall...Also, what were you expecting from a ride themed to the Amazon river?

There is plenty of rock work, waterfalls, and a nice looking station/queue

It looks solid...Every single wall doesn't have scenic like Popeye, but I don't think it needs it...Plus Sea World has like half the budget

I got to go on IF today, I thought the rapids themselves were fantastic! This is a great addition, I do have a few nitpicks but I'm sure some of my qualms with be forgiven in time. The themeing that is present is really great, however, it's obvious that there were some budget cuts to the ride, particularly in the latter section of the ride. I really wish this ride had the second tower, I really don't like the asymmetric feel of the tower. Also, has been mentioned, but there needs to be more foliage planted near the reservoir. The pumps are literally in plain sight, I saw some minor shrubs that looked like they were going to be planted, but were not very tall. Finally, the nerd in me just really wanted a cave on this ride! Just imagine how awesome a cave would have been leading you to elevator lift. It would be an awesome reveal.

Ultimately, I have nothing but great things to say about this. My GP friends who came with me today ate this thing up! This ride really rounds out their portfolio nicely, and a nice family coaster will nearly complete it! :)

Rode it for the first time yesterday, really good ride for Sea World. Feels like a good balance of theming and fun elements. The restaurant is also a nice change of pace. Once they add in the future rides over the next few years, Sea World will be the place to be for coaster and thrill ride lovers.

Attachments

• 20180929_150442-1612x907.jpg
    20180929_150442-1612x907.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 13
So rode this today but first, a few of the weird things I encountered.... 1) Drop off - there's no signs telling you where to go ... they directed us simply back out the exit and took us 2 trips around the block to figure out we're supposed to go to the taxi area... 2) I needed to do a name change on the pass [married! yay!] = At Disney and Universal it was click, there go you. At Sea World "I need a supervisor" - the after waiting 18 minutes in line (no guest services). Then another 10 minutes for a supe. And riding the skytower - just show the pass? Nope, you have to get a ticket - which is sold at the bar! So I had to stand in line behind the family with all the kids trying to decide what goodies they want while mom and dad consume tons of booze. Yeeesh.

On the other hand, Infinity Falls was great - and yes, the only place you dont get soaked is, ironically, on the big drop. Lots of movement, splashes and literal walls of water everywhere else :)