Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - Reviews, Photos, & Videos

Y’all either aren’t getting it or aren’t taking me seriously.

Neither Gringotts nor Mummy’s ride system would work with Hollywood’s ride video, that video was designed for a tram ride system.

F&F was a quick and easy clone with a few addons, nothing impressive could have been made with this IP-ride system combo.
The point I think everyone has been making since this opened (and before) was that it was a poor choice for them to reuse that film. It's trash.

Evidently they thought people wanted it, and it’s a lot less expensive than a new ride system.
This was not inexpensive. Especially if people aren't enjoying it or spending much money in the gift shop - which is the only way this attraction can make a ROI at this point.

(Anecdotal, but I hardly ever see anyone spending money in there. The ride seems to leave such a poor taste that people just want to leave.)

Last edited:
Okay, I rode the ride on the very front seat, for me personally the front seat is the best seat of the entire bus. That's where i enjoyed it the most.
I Guess i will review the front seat aspect of the ride,

I was lucky enough to sit on the right side of the ride and watching the front screen, so I got to see everything.

I was shocked and bewildered that so much was going on in the front of the bus, in the front screen , I knew they was stuff going on from riding in the back, (I could see the front screen had stuff going on, But i could never guess just How much stuff was going on in the front,
the front screen has all these things going on that most people will miss, if you are not near the front you will miss it all.
I actually loved what was going on in the front screen, the cars were going by really fast and they were cutting in front of the bus, Tyrese actually appears in a fist fight with a bad guy while riding a truck, the cars of the bad guys keep going by the front, (And I could see what was going on to the right screen so I could see Vin Diesel jump on the helicopter and all of that.

This ride could have benefited from copying the Simpsons ride system, or the Fallon ride system, im not making a joke here, i am not trying to be cynical. I KNOW the whole point of the ride is that you are riding the bus alongside the high way and you have things going on in front of you and to the sides.

But i wish they had made the video work in a screen like the simpsons. or using a 360 screen where stuff was going on all around the bus and i wish the bus didnt have windows or a roof.
if they had made the screen completely surround the bus (Including the ceiling) and the bus was a convertible bus with no windows and no roof, and you got to see all the action from your seat, this ride would actually be really great.

the ride is really crappy as it is, I know, but im judging it from riding in the front. (YES i know the video looks like a play station 2 video game)

I just had so much fun watching the front and the right side. I Actually did like the old crappy looking graphics, i loved seeing the front and the right screen connect.

I honestly, honestly really dont hate the video part of this ride. I honestly am starting to really enjoy it a lot. Im starting to love the bad Play station 2 graphics, im starting to love seeing Vin diesel jump on that helicopter.
it just feels like a really cool, really giant video game simulator. it feels like watching someone play grand Theft Auto on a gigantic screen. that is awesome to imagine. it looks like if i was watching my cousin play a 90s game on a giant screen.

what i truly despise and i truly hate universal for doing is making the bus system so awful and so clunky. the screens should have covered the entire bus and the bus should not have had a roof and windows with cables on them. this needed to be a 360 screen theater.

Rode it again last week after not riding it since May. Since I was there myself that day I did the single riders line. That actually improved the experience since it was a virtual walk on (no pre shows even), whereas even with Express you're stuck with a long wait due to the nonsensical way they merge you with stand by and virtual line. It still seemed like a fairly weak ride to me, but it didn't feel as poor since I had no real wait. My opinion hasn't changed much since I did my lengthy review earlier this year on this thread. It's entertainment value with the screen portion is limited to it's unintentional camp comedy composition. And I still enjoyed the two ride through segments, especially the set scene. The musion scene, though, seems worst the more I view it. Bottom line, it's not so bad I wouldn't ride it again. But it's a one or two rides on a long vacation type attraction. And such a shame such a mediocre attraction took up a huge area in a park that's desperate for expansion space.

Rode this on Saturday afternoon. Posted wait was 25 minutes and I took the single rider line. Had to wait a few minutes because the grouper was awful. She would send out vehicles only 2/3 full - some rows would have 2 people because she was not paying attention. Worst attitude of any of the employees I encountered the entire weekend. Someone else walked over to her and then she just started sending people - including trying to put 7 of us in a row. When I went to move to an empty seat because I literally could not sit on the bench, she told me to go back to the original row. So I did as I was told and was sitting half out of car. I guess they realized that was a safety hazard because another employee came over and said I could move to an empty seat two rows up "for my comfort".

The first scene was cool.

I was sitting in row 5 ( I think) on left side so I missed 75% of the ride. I've been a lurker on here for awhile so knew what to expect on this ride but I didn't believe y'all. I do now, though.

Definitely in the top 5 of the worst attractions ever.

As we were waiting to disembark, an employee came out and said "listen up", paused, and then said "I can't. I just can't" and stood there looking at us. I shook my head and thought - I know what you mean.

Rode this on Saturday afternoon. Posted wait was 25 minutes and I took the single rider line. Had to wait a few minutes because the grouper was awful. She would send out vehicles only 2/3 full - some rows would have 2 people because she was not paying attention. Worst attitude of any of the employees I encountered the entire weekend. Someone else walked over to her and then she just started sending people - including trying to put 7 of us in a row. When I went to move to an empty seat because I literally could not sit on the bench, she told me to go back to the original row. So I did as I was told and was sitting half out of car. I guess they realized that was a safety hazard because another employee came over and said I could move to an empty seat two rows up "for my comfort".

The first scene was cool.

I was sitting in row 5 ( I think) on left side so I missed 75% of the ride. I've been a lurker on here for awhile so knew what to expect on this ride but I didn't believe y'all. I do now, though.

Definitely in the top 5 of the worst attractions ever.

As we were waiting to disembark, an employee came out and said "listen up", paused, and then said "I can't. I just can't" and stood there looking at us. I shook my head and thought - I know what you mean.
It’s not that bad. Sounds like your major complaint was the employee. F&f is a good ride. Fight me! Lol:chainsaw: :box::fight:

Okay, I rode the ride on the very front seat, for me personally the front seat is the best seat of the entire bus. That's where i enjoyed it the most.
I Guess i will review the front seat aspect of the ride,

I was lucky enough to sit on the right side of the ride and watching the front screen, so I got to see everything.

I was shocked and bewildered that so much was going on in the front of the bus, in the front screen , I knew they was stuff going on from riding in the back, (I could see the front screen had stuff going on, But i could never guess just How much stuff was going on in the front,
the front screen has all these things going on that most people will miss, if you are not near the front you will miss it all.
I actually loved what was going on in the front screen, the cars were going by really fast and they were cutting in front of the bus.
Yeah,I think I can agree with this. After our first ride, in which we sat in the front seat, I really disliked the ride strongly. BUT, we got stuck in a line that was longer than it should have been due to their insane line merging points, even though I had Express. And even though my expectations were low to start with, the ride came in well under my expectations, especially the campy film portion. So I somewhat assumed that some of my hate for the ride was due to the front row seating (In Kong the first couple of rows are by far the worst seats). In subsequent rides, having seats just about everywhere, I slowly grew to be able to laugh at the 360 film merits, thus my feelings went from hate to just a dislike. But at least it entertains me enough that I can ride it now and then. Probably the worst seat was the one I had last week, last seat on left and halfway back. Almost half of the view was the black space above the screen, really really bad. And I'm not one to really ever notice that stuff on rides like Kong or the feet dangling in front on Soarin. Your points are well taken on the front row. Looking back at my rides, that was probably the best ride, although I didn't know it at the time.

Okay...I've ridden it.

It's nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Is it a good ride? No, no it is not. But it is at a level of insanity (in that people thought that this was a good idea) that it is entertaining as hell. This is THE ROOM of theme park attractions. You go from preshow to another preshow immediately, followed by two on-ride preshows. It's like an Andy Kaufman bit. And the 360 portion is so incomprehensible it's like a parody of Universal attractions. I love it.

Okay...I've ridden it.

It's nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Is it a good ride? No, no it is not. But it is at a level of insanity (in that people thought that this was a good idea) that it is entertaining as hell. This is THE ROOM of theme park attractions. You go from preshow to another preshow immediately, followed by two on-ride preshows. It's like an Andy Kaufman bit. And the 360 portion is so incomprehensible it's like a parody of Universal attractions. I love it.
This is my take also. Is it a good ride? Absolutely not. Is it worth spending 20 minutes to ride? Yes.

Okay...I've ridden it.

So you’re trying to say it’s not as bad as people have said, but proceed to compare it to the worst movie ever made? Ok.

Even if you like it for comedic reasons, that doesn’t mean it’s any better than what most of us were making it out to be.

Okay...I've ridden it.

This literally doesn't make sense. You're saying it isn't as bad as everyone says it is and then proceed to say it's the worst ride ever and because it's the worst ride ever it somehow makes it fun and therefore it isn't that bad. My head is spinning.

So you’re trying to say it’s not as bad as people have said, but proceed to compare it to the worst movie ever made? Ok.

Even if you like it for comedic reasons, that doesn’t mean it’s any better than what most of us were making it out to be.

THE ROOM is nowhere near the worst movie ever made. It's entertaining. Is it entertaining in the way it is *meant* to be entertaining? Hell no. This ride is completely and utterly ridiculous, and is entertaining in that way. It's baffling decisions after baffling decision, and it is fun because of that. It's nowhere near the affront to god the people here make it out to be.

This literally doesn't make sense. You're saying it isn't as bad as everyone says it is and then proceed to say it's the worst ride ever and because it's the worst ride ever it somehow makes it fun and therefore it isn't that bad. My head is spinning.

No, I'm in no way, shape or form saying it's the worst ride ever. I've ridden dozens of worse rides.

Okay...I've ridden it.

Yes, laughing at it is the way to enjoy it. As I've said before numerous times, classic unintentional camp comedy. I now accept it for what it is, and that has some entertainment value, like those 1950's B horror movies. Still, a real waste of a huge area in a park that cries out for expansion space.