Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the most unique aspects is how it doesn’t rely on gravity like most coasters, but at the same time it will be very go go go for a lot of it. We’re really moving away from lift hills and becoming more reliant on launches at theme parks.

Compare Slinky Dog to Mine Train, now it’s like two completely different generations of coaster in a short time. Even rides like Hulk and Rock n Roller Coaster worked like lift hills, utilizing one giant launch and then using momentum and gravity to finish the ride, ultimately sputtering out with a less exciting conclusion.

Gravity? Tall coasters? No longer needed for an exciting ride.

Gringotts isn’t much different than Mummy + Spider-Man. Since you used that as the hi tech bar, what has Gringott’s done that hasn’t been done before as a combination of other ride’s effects that is so revolutionary or high tech?

Boat dark rides and flume rides existed separately before.

I believe we’re meaning the same thing just getting hung up on words and definitions. But I sincerely believe this coaster has the potential to completely redefine the way we view a roller coaster in the same way Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror redefined how we see flume rides and drop towers.
One thing I can think of is having a motion base built into the track that separates and acts as a simulator before reconnecting to send the car on its way. I dont think that had been done before (and its done twice in Gringgotts)

giphy.gif

I think one of the most unique aspects is how it doesn’t rely on gravity like most coasters, but at the same time it will be very go go go for a lot of it. We’re really moving away from lift hills and becoming more reliant on launches at theme parks.

Compare Slinky Dog to Mine Train, now it’s like two completely different generations of coaster in a short time. Even rides like Hulk and Rock n Roller Coaster worked like lift hills, utilizing one giant launch and then using momentum and gravity to finish the ride, ultimately sputtering out with a less exciting conclusion.

I'd argue that height of a coaster is a large part of a coasters thrill. I'm sure this ride will be great, but I'm expecting it to be fun due to the winning equation of Multiple Launches + Backwards Movement + Drop Track + Highly Themed Environment + AA + Story.

I'd argue that height of a coaster is a large part of a coasters thrill. I'm sure this ride will be great, but I'm expecting it to be fun due to the winning equation of Multiple Launches + Backwards Movement + Drop Track + Highly Themed Environment + AA + Story.
Yea, being really high up is certainly a type of thrill... Shiekra scares the crap out of me for that reason alone. But I like that rides can still be thrilling without being incredibly tall, no longer relying on gravity to keep momentum going the whole time.

Maybe Universal gave Pottermore a 24 hour head start to get more clicks to their site?
agreed
More likely
agreed
It's not a leak when it comes from the official site of the franchise.

The video game is a leak, but the two situations are no where near comparable.
agreed

Universal Licenses HP from Warner Brothers
Warner Brothers Licenses from JK Rowling
JK Rowling owns everything HP including her official HP website, Pottermore

Even if they accidentally leaked it early (doubtful), they'd potentially get in trouble with Universal who could potentially get in trouble with WB due to licensing contracts who could potentially get in trouble by JK Rowling oh wait

agreed

agreed

agreed

Universal Licenses HP from Warner Brothers
Warner Brothers Licenses from JK Rowling
JK Rowling owns everything HP including her official HP website, Pottermore

Even if they accidentally leaked it early (doubtful), they'd potentially get in trouble with Universal who could potentially get in trouble with WB due to licensing contracts who could potentially get in trouble by JK Rowling oh wait

I don’t think leak is the right word. I think they posted early and that was it. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. We finally got some concept art.

Is it going to be go go go or go and stop, go and stop, go and stop?

I'm hoping this is more like Everest passing by the Yeti and less like Mummy but I'd be happy with a mix of the two.

I don’t think leak is the right word. I think they posted early and that was it. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. We finally got some concept art.

Is it going to be go go go or go and stop, go and stop, go and stop?

I'm hoping this is more like Everest passing by the Yeti and less like Mummy but I'd be happy with a mix of the two.
Go slow go go stop, go go go go go go slow go reverse go go stop drop go go go slow end.

So, maybe a mix.

upload_2018-10-3_12-52-2.jpeg
upload_2018-10-3_12-52-49.jpeg

Another dormer added to the hut/barn. That’s pretty much the only thing you can get a good picture of these days. Everything else is covered by trees.

With that said, pictures don’t do this coaster justice. Everything is massive and the sheer scale of this ride is an innovation in its own right!

Go slow go go stop, go go go go go go slow go reverse go go stop drop go go go slow end.

So, maybe a mix.

It will be interesting to see the balance between building a great coaster but also wanting to show off these great AAs so that they can properly be appreciated. I think @Teebin mentioned it before but having an evacuation on this will be a rare treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.