Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised you didn’t say DK, but that’s still an uncertainty. But that’s a fair argument. I didn’t necessarily mean to compare it to Orlando in a bad way.

I kinda wonder if they’re still planning to add Diagon Alley? It’d fit nicely in the Lower Lot, next to SNW, Transformers, and Mummy (if that stays). That JW gyrosphere ride could also be put in the Mummy space, and that Minions flat ride from USJ can be added to SSFL. Maybe they can fit a clone of the new HP coaster in the upper lot, but I’m not sure. They could always get rid of WaterWorld to fit it in.
Have insiders even said if USH is getting DK?

Also having seen the original plans for SLoP in the Lower Lot, I can confirm the original conception was for a trackless ride of 2 vehicles traveling together from room to room. I will not be pleased if this attraction becomes an omni-mover...but, I can see why they would want a high capacity attraction and fewer maintenance issues. In other words, it won't surprise me if this has been changed...but it will disappoint me.

If this ends up being a two story structure with the attraction on the 2nd level there's no way it'll be an omni-mover. Omni-movers require quite a bit of maintenance room below the track. Where trackless you need nothing but a flat surface.

But won't Mario Kart be 2 stories? As far as I know, the attraction will use a slot track format similar to racers. Slot track attractions require a good amount of maintenance room below the track as well.

But won't Mario Kart be 2 stories? As far as I know, the attraction will use a slot track format similar to racers. Slot track attractions require a good amount of maintenance room below the track as well.
MK may be the opposite though, with ride on lower level and queue on second story (since entrance is on the upper level of Super Nintendo World.)

EDIT: Also, pretty sure MK will be a busbar rail system.

Yes racers uses a slot but the amount of room required is no where near that of an omni-mover. You do pass under the track of racers multiple times in line for the ride after all. Regardless, all three, racers, omni-movers and MK are all totally different.

Reactions: Brandonshah97
So none of you on the west coast actually know why the globe theater was torn down and what is replacing it? Nothing substantial has leaked?

Well, to be fair, IU is the one leading the charge when it comes to this. But yeah, nothing substantial has leaked.

right now, it's just slightly the waiting game.

So none of you on the west coast actually know why the globe theater was torn down and what is replacing it? Nothing substantial has leaked?

I can 100% guarantee to you right now that it is Secret Life of Pets. What I cannot guarantee is the type or style of the attraction. I have seen earlier versions which may not have translated as the attraction has relocated.

A few pages back, someone recalled a rumor of SLoP being downgraded to an omnimover.Now that SNES is likely going to have one ride, I wonder if there is truth to that rumor as they can just reuse Yoshi's ride system for this ride. Really hope not. We need a descent trackless dark ride.

A trackless dark ride would be great, but I personally love omnimovers. Very relaxing, easy to board and manage, and still a great ride experience to this day (with the correct setting, of course). I wouldn't be upset if that happened.

Technology for the sake of technology isn't impressive to me. If the trackless system is really vital to the vision of the SLOP attraction, then it should remain. But if an omnimover can accomplish the same task, no loss to me.

Reactions: Ryno27
A few pages back, someone recalled a rumor of SLoP being downgraded to an omnimover.Now that SNES is likely going to have one ride, I wonder if there is truth to that rumor as they can just reuse Yoshi's ride system for this ride. Really hope not. We need a descent trackless dark ride.

SNES? You mean SNW?

A trackless dark ride would be great, but I personally love omnimovers. Very relaxing, easy to board and manage, and still a great ride experience to this day (with the correct setting, of course). I wouldn't be upset if that happened.

Technology for the sake of technology isn't impressive to me. If the trackless system is really vital to the vision of the SLOP attraction, then it should remain. But if an omnimover can accomplish the same task, no loss to me.
I've seen the original plans. The trackless element is DEFINITELY vital.
SNES? You mean SNW?
Yeah.....my bad. lol

Yeah, the original version of Pets that was proposed Heavily incorporated the Trackless aspects of the ride.

Honestly, the ringer that gives me the vibe that the street ain't going, revolves around what @Wesker69 said of Mulligan's. But that's just IMO. Now the theming however..that could be a question.

...However, that leads me to ask to @Chris. How feasible could it be, if the bottom portion of Baker Street gets tunneled, leaving only Mulligans & RR's as everything else is partially torn down? I haven't seen that many ask about this; but that could make sense if they want to keep the entrances to Minion Way to being more than just one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.