Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Call me the optimist but does anyone really believe that Nintendo would allow Universal to build a disappointing land out of their properties. I will have to say NO. Now has the plans changed maybe but let’s be clear Nintendo will not allow Universal to be half assed with their properties. Would JKR have allowed it no and Nintendo is expecting the same treatment granted to them. I say let’s reserve judgment until we have some official announcements.

Yeah, I get the falling impression that Nintendo, in no way in hell; would let their IP be used poorly. And especially considering how much JKR & Warner Bros was involved with Potter, I see no reason to doubt that Miyamoto-San; and the representatives of Nintendo of Kyoto & Nintendo of America would let Universal get away with half-assing something.

Yeah, I get the falling impression that Nintendo, in no way in hell; would let their IP be used poorly. And especially considering how much JKR & Warner Bros was involved with Potter, I see no reason to doubt that Miyamoto-San; and the representatives of Nintendo of Kyoto & Nintendo of America would let Universal get away with half-assing something.
And thank God for JK when it comes to WWoHP. If the Kurtz had his way, we would just get a Butterbeer cart and a giant building that had a cardboard cutout of Potter and Malfoy about to fight.

Even if we just get Mario Kart...disappointing, but whatever. I'm pretty sure Miya isn't going to let them cut corners.

If you think JK is protective of HP, Nintendo is on a whole other level there is 0 chance that they will allow to Universal to give them a cut down uninspiring land.

Bingo. It's been only until recently, that they have started allowing other parties to have the chance to use their IP's.

So-far, it seems evident that UPR has been a huge push for Nintendo to let Universal handle something with their IP's. Not just from the parks, but now with film; as seen evidently with the Illumination partnership.

And considering the odds, UPR & UC would probably have Nintendo looking at them very intently, and very closely; to ensure they can have the best possible form of quality given for the three parks.
__

Giving a thought, who's to say that information being given could be shall we say..false information; to scatter the weed's of leaks? That's the vibe I'm starting to get for Hollywood.

Giving a thought, who's to say that information being given could be shall we say..false information; to scatter the weed's of leaks? That's the vibe I'm starting to get for Hollywood.

I just can't understand why they would go 'cheap' on Hollywood when they have Star Wars to contend with and when the park has been growing in attendence at such a strong rate since 2012.

I'm still holding out hope (however pointlessly) that they will demolish soundstages 16-20 and give us a truly expansive SNW.

What I think would be cool is if Hollywood’s plans have completely changed and they are no longer getting any of the previously assumed attractions. Instead they will be getting an e-ticket based on MARIO: Odyssey using tech similar to Shanghai pirates and a next level shooter based on Luigi’s Mansion. This would be my scenario since as A: gives a big middle finger to Disney(still love Disney too but) beating them with the tech state side and B: gives them exclusives stateside and leaves Orlando with its own stateside. I know that option B may not always be popular with everyone but I am one who likes to visit both coasts to see their parks so enjoy the parks to not always share the same rides but hey that’s me.

Here is hoping but I know it’s a long shot...

Call me the optimist but does anyone really believe that Nintendo would allow Universal to build a disappointing land out of their properties. I will have to say NO. Now has the plans changed maybe but let’s be clear Nintendo will not allow Universal to be half assed with their properties. Would JKR have allowed it no and Nintendo is expecting the same treatment granted to them. I say let’s reserve judgment until we have some official announcements.

I don't think it's that Nintendo will be bad per-say, It will surely have to live up to Nintendo's expectations. I mean, Miyamoto was at USH a few weeks ago and signed off on the plans, but when compared to what Japan and Orlando are slated to get, what Chris might be hearing is disheartening (nothing us USH fan's aren't used to). There's no doubt in my mind that Hollywood will be getting an amazing land at the end of the day.

I just can't understand why they would go 'cheap' on Hollywood when they have Star Wars to contend with and when the park has been growing in attendence at such a strong rate since 2012.

Exactly what I was thinking. SLoP will be a nice addition but it will in no way shape or form be something that will compete with SWL over at Disney. USH needs a full new land like SNW was originally rumored to be. If they downsize it and cut it to bits that won't help them at all when competing with Star Wars and I would assume they would know that.

We’ll get everything except Yoshi and DK.

and Mario Kart...We'll probably end up with a really cool gift shop though. So we have that to look forward to.

In all seriousness, patience is a virtue. I don't want to react one way or another until we get official news from Universal or from IU.

Not gonna lie, if all we end up is getting MK, I'll be pretty devastated. I have been following the SNW news for years and I will be filled with major disappointment if we get the "value-engineered" land.

Come on Uni, at least give us 2 attractions with the land.

Just to add a bit to this thread: a source of mine works with a company that sells parts to USH. When asking about Nintendo World, an employee confirmed it was happening and then pointed in the general vicinity where Panda Express is now (which includes the area behind it currently being worked on). It was not clear, however, if they would be moving the Panda Express and other shops in that area to expand upon Nintendo World as they did not elaborate on details beyond it being in the general vicinity between Jurassic and Transformers. This happened within the last month, so I felt it was worth reporting.

Exactly what I was thinking. SLoP will be a nice addition but it will in no way shape or form be something that will compete with SWL over at Disney. USH needs a full new land like SNW was originally rumored to be. If they downsize it and cut it to bits that won't help them at all when competing with Star Wars and I would assume they would know that.

There's nothing "cheap" about Nintendo. It's going to be quite expensive and elaborate. The fact is the land that was more readily available to meet the 2021 deadline was smaller. Also, the fact that Hollywood is getting Nintendo before Orlando my multiple years is huge and would have made no difference if it were 1 acre larger or smaller.

There's nothing "cheap" about Nintendo. It's going to be quite expensive and elaborate. The fact is the land that was more readily available to meet the 2021 deadline was smaller. Also, the fact that Hollywood is getting Nintendo before Orlando my multiple years is huge and would have made no difference if it were 1 acre larger or smaller.

Are you confusing me with someone else? Because I never said I thought SNW would be "cheap".

If it's true that we're only getting 1 attraction, my interest for the land is pretty much out the window.

@Brian G. Can you confirm or deny this horrible rumor?