Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know what the Yoshi ride is actually going to be? We know MK is a racing ride and DK is a boom coaster, but I don't remember hearing anything about the type of attraction the Yoshi ride will be.

Does anyone know what the Yoshi ride is actually going to be? We know MK is a racing ride and DK is a boom coaster, but I don't remember hearing anything about the type of attraction the Yoshi ride will be.

Rumors have pegged the Osaka/Orlando versions to be Omnimovers for Yoshi. And considering some wordplay by @GAcoaster on Mack-Rides, I wonder if he's implying the Mack Omnimovers.

There's nothing "cheap" about Nintendo. It's going to be quite expensive and elaborate. The fact is the land that was more readily available to meet the 2021 deadline was smaller. Also, the fact that Hollywood is getting Nintendo before Orlando my multiple years is huge and would have made no difference if it were 1 acre larger or smaller.

Something is better than nothing and I'm sure it will be very well executed.
But If Hollywood only get's one ride, and some shops I'd say that is a missed opportunity in comparison to what it could be, and what the park really needs in order to continue growing as well as it has been.

With Hollywood growing the way it’s been, it would be freaking stupid and make no sense to cut it down to just one ride when they would be losing capacity by doing that, especially if the second ride is an Omni-mover; those type of rides are big people eaters.

Yeah, I’m going to wait until an official announcement before we get too cynical. That doesn’t make any sense considering it’s not supposed to take up much space.

There are still many unanswered questions in the SNW plans from the public perspective. My sources have made their own opinions and have expressed them to me. Of course, this means its not my personal opinion because I have not seen the product in any confirmed capacity that my sources have.

We have seen an addition of a new project number pop up in the Lower Lot area and I am trying to figure that out as well. Is it Nintendo related? Or is it something else to do with the Lower Lot? Still unknown.

The impression that I am currently getting is that SNW will be 1 "E Ticket" attraction (Mario Kart) and 1 "experience" attraction (Yoshi). My assumption comparison is that would be similar to FJ and Ollivander's. Again, this is my personal guess attempting to interpret what I have been told.

There are still many unanswered questions in the SNW plans from the public perspective. My sources have made their own opinions and have expressed them to me. Of course, this means its not my personal opinion because I have not seen the product in any confirmed capacity that my sources have.

We have seen an addition of a new project number pop up in the Lower Lot area and I am trying to figure that out as well. Is it Nintendo related? Or is it something else to do with the Lower Lot? Still unknown.

The impression that I am currently getting is that SNW will be 1 "E Ticket" attraction (Mario Kart) and 1 "experience" attraction (Yoshi). My assumption comparison is that would be similar to FJ and Ollivander's. Again, this is my personal guess attempting to interpret what I have been told.

Lame.

So Yoshi has been "value-engineered" from omnimover ride to "experience."

What a dumb move. How about the small children like my son who will be too small to ride Mario Kart?

No wonder Disney will never be dethroned.

I am still sticking to my belief that the reason Nintendo was downscaled was because it had become a part of a much larger project. Similar to how Disney Studios Paris' Galaxy's Edge was downsized significantly. Because it's part of a much larger investments. I dont think this new project number is the only one we'll be seeing popping up down there in the near future.

Perhaps it's me, but it looks almost like the blue cranes are piler's.

__

If it's just MK & a walkthrough "Experience", alongside the interactive aspects...everything else planned for down there better deliver.

Reactions: Magic-Man
That's because they're only pictures of half of it. The other half the of the Nintendo plot is being used to stage Jurassic World trailers and construction equipment...

And while yes, it's going to absorb those trailers & construction equipment sooner than later..it's almost a Sophie's Choice, considering it will be the smallest (especially if Panda/Studio Cafe aren't included).

Man I feel bad for USH. That lot just looks smaller and smaller every time I see it

Honestly, I don't even know why they're building it at this point.

It's funny how so many posters on here are so hard on Disney for "value-engineering" lands, but completely give Universal a pass for doing the same exact thing.

Honestly, I don't even know why they're building it at this point.

Because it's the largest IP Universal has gotten since Pottah?

Mario Kart, is going to be a GOAT attraction, and the interactivity of the land should be great. But I would rather want them to flesh out Nintendo, than minimizing the amount they use at the start.