2018 Rumor Thread | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

2018 Rumor Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they should build MoM in place of Fear Factor, then do a complete redo of Men in Black to match the new Tessa Thompson/Channing Tatum version, which takes place in London, then just make the entirety of the far lagoon side "London Waterfront."

(For real though - Imagine that, instead of the UFO towers, they had a miniature Big Ben).

I think they should build MoM in place of Fear Factor, then do a complete redo of Men in Black to match the new Tessa Thompson/Channing Tatum version, which takes place in London, then just make the entirety of the far lagoon side "London Waterfront."

(For real though - Imagine that, instead of the UFO towers, they had a miniature Big Ben).

This would work best. Everyone needs more Tessa Thompson in their lives.

Diagon was *packed* during HHN this year. That never happens. Diagon and FJ had solid 45-75 minute waits the entire weekend.

The idea that we have enough Potter just does not play out in practice.
To be fair, that's 100% because of the crowd that's going to HHN, doing the Stranger Things house, than ducking away from the scary stuff for the rest of the night and sticking in Diagon. I know too many people doing that. :lol:

Any ideas what PEXP PROJECT 532 could be?

“PEXP” reads to me like “preexpansion”...

The description sounds like the lockers breezeway between bathrooms and lost & found near front of the park to me. Or the main locker area by stroller rentals... since it says Guest Storage...

Oh! Maybe they're finally expanding Gringotts lockers into backstage "access pathways"?

The description sounds like the lockers breezeway between bathrooms and lost & found near front of the park to me. Or the main locker area by stroller rentals... since it says Guest Storage...

Oh! Maybe they're finally expanding Gringotts lockers into backstage "access pathways"?

The project for the area around the front of the park is Project 633 though.

They usually don’t give project numbers to smaller things. And I’ve never seen the PEXP designation before

Wow I thought this thread would be on fire. The typically reliable Jim Hill reports that Wicked may be taking over Marvel at Islands of Adventure. Yikes. He believes an agreement is in place with the Mouse to move Marvel out of Universal.

Sorry in advance if this has been posted somewhere else. I checked and didn't see anything.

Jim Hill has muttered that rumor before.

I'll chirp in..

If Universal was legitimately going to do that, why do the subtle upgrades to Spider-Man & Dr. Doom in less than a few weeks?

Not to mention, Universal has had actually worked on a Marvel attraction since Hulk2016, but was forced to stop because of technical limitations that caused the developing attraction to be a potential tech hazard.

Just because they aren't doing anything physically as of now on a large scale, it doesn't mean they intend on sun-setting the MCAUniversal Marvel contract anytime soon for Orlando. I'd be more concerned for the Osaka Spider-Man before anything..

Wow I thought this thread would be on fire. The typically reliable Jim Hill reports that Wicked may be taking over Marvel at Islands of Adventure. Yikes. He believes an agreement is in place with the Mouse to move Marvel out of Universal.

Sorry in advance if this has been posted somewhere else. I checked and didn't see anything.

I've seen this mentioned several times over the past few days but he's been saying this for so long, I thought it was just making the rounds again.

Reactions: JoeCamel

To be honest, from what I've seen of his track record the past few years, his information hasn't been even remotely reliable when it comes to Universal. Maybe he has some good insider knowledge when it comes to Disney(although I'm not sure of that either), but his Universal rumors have all been pretty wrong.

Jim Hill has muttered that rumor before.

I'll chirp in..

If Universal was legitimately going to do that, why do the subtle upgrades to Spider-Man & Dr. Doom in less than a few weeks?

Not to mention, Universal has had actually worked on a Marvel attraction since Hulk2016, but was forced to stop because of technical limitations that caused the developing attraction to be a potential tech hazard.

Just because they aren't doing anything physically as of now on a large scale, it doesn't mean they intend on sun-setting the MCAUniversal Marvel contract anytime soon for Orlando. I'd be more concerned for the Osaka Spider-Man before anything..

I agree, it doesn't make any sense. Why give Disney the one thing they want, Marvel? Unless, Disney is making an offer they can't refuse. But Disney can't commit those type of dollars right now, you wouldn't think.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95

Old rumor he brings up when it seems relevant. Maybe Wicked was thrown out as a possible replacement a decade ago during a meeting once, but no new information has come out recently regarding it.

Or, as @Joe puts it:

Edit: And I listened to the episode. He didn’t say he believed an agreement was in place, he believed an agreement could be made. Very different things. Don’t expect Universal to give up the Marvel rights, ever.

Double Edit:

Yes, this:

Last edited:
Old rumor he brings up when it seems relevant. Maybe Wicked was thrown out as a possible replacement a decade ago during a meeting once, but no new information has come out recently regarding it.

Or, as @Joe puts it:

Edit: And I listened to the episode. He didn’t say he believed an agreement was in place, he believed an agreement could be made. Very different things. Don’t expect Universal to give up the Marvel rights, ever.

Double Edit:

Yes, this:

I don’t doubt that Universal have a plan B for Marvel in the event that they lose or sell the rights but it’s a plan B and keeping Marvel going forever is plan a.

Reactions: HPFred
I agree, it doesn't make any sense. Why give Disney the one thing they want, Marvel? Unless, Disney is making an offer they can't refuse. But Disney can't commit those type of dollars right now, you wouldn't think.
Why would Dis want them? They don't do much with what they can use (yeah coaster, drop etc) but they bank a bunch of merch sales and I doubt they would give the Avengers a real shot. Look what they wanted to do with HP and I think they would be hard pressed to get more out of the franchise than they are now.
Fans have bandied this about since Dis got Marvel but Uni has stated they have no interest in making a deal and TWDC has never indicated that they are unsatisfied with the contract. Besides if Uni does not want to deal (as Tom Williams stated) Dis has zero leverage to force one. I think there is another thread for the Marvel contract so I am done posting about it here.
That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own | Inside Universal Forums