Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 376 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alicia you mentioned in your podcast about the two drop mechanisms for capacity, is it possible that the drop is more a show scene as I've done a BTS of 13 and the system resets very quickly. Here's some pictures of the drop track, we weren't allowed to take pictures in the room with all the hydraulics though.
oIr59ub.jpg
x8hKBcL.jpg

34rRveU.jpg

wuQR4hd

@Alicia you mentioned in your podcast about the two drop mechanisms for capacity, is it possible that the drop is more a show scene as I've done a BTS of 13 and the system resets very quickly. Here's some pictures of the drop track, we weren't allowed to take pictures in the room with all the hydraulics though.
oIr59ub.jpg
x8hKBcL.jpg

34rRveU.jpg

wuQR4hd
Yes, I imagine this and the hut will be longest show scenes during the ride. (The only two full stops.)

Something that I appreciate is that they don't appear to have stripped a budget on this. They used all of the plot and have a lot to experience. It could take a few rides just to capture it all.
This may be a case in which F&F actually helped. Universal needs a big win to get their Mojo back. No value engineering after the F&F debacle. Heck, they might even be enhancing it. :lol:

Unless something goes terribly wrong, yes.
Yea, I mean Infinity Falls was supposed to be open over the summer and it didn’t open until after September, so you never know with new attractions. (I want to believe all the blame wasn’t on Intamin for that one though. They were still theming until the last days, so I’m not sure the manufacturer could be entirely at fault.)

I’ll keep it short since @Alicia already covered this yesterday and not much has changed since then, but here’s a quick update from today:
image1.jpg
image0.jpg
image2.jpg

The detail on the dormers and the fencing, is such a sight to see.

Small details, unnoticed by many; could do so much. And I love that they are committing to that level, even on something as simple for safety-rails for brake runs.

@Alicia Is the actual drop track section of the building going to be pitch black? Looking at the photos from bio, they've built a very tight steel cage around the two drop holes that are way too tight for anything other than a mural or something. I assume the space between the cage and the wall of the building will be for evacuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.