Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For those that have been to Fright Fest, what are the best top 3 mazes in the park?

I'll prob only hit up a few mazes and want to make sure I hit up the best ones.

There's only 6 mazes, and 3 of them are all in the same area... so you may as well do them all. I haven't gone myself yet this year, but based on what I'm hearing, all the mazes are pretty good except HellFest.

Reactions: SOCAL110
Noticed this across from Drop of Doom next to the basketball midway game... as far as I know, its "new". Whether its new or not, it'd sure be nice if they actually used it (along with had more than just 1 or 2 DC/Looney Tunes characters out each day).

rNF5QEt.jpg

Noticed this across from Drop of Doom next to the basketball midway game... as far as I know, its "new". Whether its new or not, it'd sure be nice if they actually used it (along with had more than just 1 or 2 DC/Looney Tunes characters out each day).

rNF5QEt.jpg

Those date back to the Shapiro/Red Zone era along with the yellow tents set up to sell more character photos.

Yeah, I was going to say, that's been there for years. Haven't really seen them being used in the last year or so, though. At least, not the one in that location.

The current management doesn't understand what it is like to operate a park that is enjoyable for everyone. They also don't understand that people do want stuff to do in-between coasters, and that not everyone visiting wants to do coasters all day.

Getting rid of Log Jammer was another big loss for families visiting. I was fortunate enough to happen to ride it on its last day of operation (Halloween 2011, the park was empty), the next day it was closed without any prior announcement.

The worst decision Six Flags MM has ever made was getting rid of the Batman Stunt Show. It was a staple of the park and was always full, and everyone loved it. Such a shame that the show is gone. It really was nice to sit down and relax in the middle of the day and have family entertainment like that. I also loved that they would continually update and improve the show over the years.

Even the theater in the Colossus area has been empty for an incredibly long time but used to have a lot of fun and unique shows. As a local and former employee I find it sad how the park seems to go all in on coasters without regards for having any variety or fun things to do in between attractions.

Last edited:
The current management doesn't understand what it is like to operate a park that is enjoyable for everyone. They also don't understand that people do want stuff to do in-between coasters, and that not everyone visiting wants to do coasters all day.

The worst decision Six Flags MM has ever made was getting rid of the Batman Stunt Show. It was a staple of the park and was always full, and everyone loved it. Such a shame that the show is gone. It really was nice to sit down and relax in the middle of the day and have family entertainment like that.

Honestly, it's a shame they left that theater to rot for an extended period..yes, but I don't think it was a mistake of stopping the show.

I would rather want an indoor, climate controlled attraction than a outdoor venue that has been used for expensive shows.

Reactions: Rideguy70

Getting rid of Log Jammer was another big loss for families visiting. I was fortunate enough to happen to ride it on its last day of operation (Halloween 2011, the park was empty), the next day it was closed without any prior announcement.

The worst decision Six Flags MM has ever made was getting rid of the Batman Stunt Show. It was a staple of the park and was always full, and everyone loved it. Such a shame that the show is gone. It really was nice to sit down and relax in the middle of the day and have family entertainment like that. I also loved that they would continually update and improve the show over the years.

Even the theater in the Colossus area has been empty for an incredibly long time but used to have a lot of fun and unique shows. As a local and former employee I find it sad how the park seems to go all in on coasters without regards for having any variety or fun things to do in between attractions.
The Colossus Theater has housed the “Kwerk” acrobatic show these past few years since TC opened. It usually runs during the Summer season and Holidays.

The Colossus Theater has housed the “Kwerk” acrobatic show these past few years since TC opened. It usually runs during the Summer season and Holidays.
I did not know that. Glad to know it is still in use.

Honestly, it's a shame they left that theater to rot for an extended period..yes, but I don't think it was a mistake of stopping the show.

I would rather want an indoor, climate controlled attraction than a outdoor venue that has been used for expensive shows.
Were you not a fan of the show or was it just too hot? Wasn't there shade over the bleachers for it? It was always a full house for that show everytime I went. As an employee people would always ask me about it too even though it no longer existed when I worked there.

Many people seem to have fond memories of the show. Myself included of course.

When it comes down to it, people don't go to Six Flags to watch shows. They could spend a ton of money on putting on shows like the stunt shows and Broadway reviews, but Six Flags guests won't show up to watch them. They've found that street shows are the kind of entertainment that people in the parks want, walk by and watch with no commitment to stay for a show. The problem with any show in a theater at a Six Flags is guests walking out half way through because they're teenage coaster fans who couldn't give a rat's rear about entertainment.

When it comes down to it, people don't go to Six Flags to watch shows. They could spend a ton of money on putting on shows like the stunt shows and Broadway reviews, but Six Flags guests won't show up to watch them. They've found that street shows are the kind of entertainment that people in the parks want, walk by and watch with no commitment to stay for a show. The problem with any show in a theater at a Six Flags is guests walking out half way through because they're teenage coaster fans who couldn't give a rat's rear about entertainment.
I think you are kind of reaffirming my point. Six Flags is trying to just appeal to teens instead of everyone. The Batman show was always packed, even when I last saw it in 2005. My family used to go to the park annually, even when none of us were old enough to ride coasters and we had a great time. The kids area was much nicer as well. Granny Grand Prix was another great family ride that we lost recently.

I wish the park wasn't only about coasters. I love the variety of attractions they used to have.

Reactions: Freak
I don't think SFMM will ever be a "show" park again. It'll have a few options here and there, especially seasonally, but with nearby competitors USH and Disney, and comparatively, even KBF all having superior shows, they'll keep their focus on the coasters.

But I do agree with you that they need a lot of flats, at least. I"ve been saying that for a while.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
I’d say 80% of the crowd is teenagers/kids who don’t spend any money and just go on the rides. The long valet line at the end of the night is also an indicator. They’re probably thinking about this because Saturday night is so ridiculously crowded. Just about everyone there are passholders or members. Maybe restrict access to Diamond and Elite members?

Reactions: SpookySkeletini
Take with a grain of salt, SFMM is considering making Fright Fest hard ticket in the future, and are receiving tremendous amount of feedback this year on their mazes.
I'm all for this. It was good as is this year. Imagine how much better it will be if it's hard-ticketed?

Also, when I went, there were so many parents racing to the front with their kids before the monsters came out. I think this would be a change for the better.

Reactions: chris.g
0DAE4152-22F0-44D0-801B-A8A5D9D42971.jpeg 8BEF14AE-BD49-4F6E-9229-E0B0E390995C.jpeg The park has been selling lots of these awesome hoodies! I’ve seen so many guests wearing them throughout the night. It’s a nice and simple design for the most part, hopefully we see more of this!