New Restraints on Dr. Doom | Inside Universal Forums

New Restraints on Dr. Doom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 3, 2018
Orlando
After running only one tower for a while, I saw the left tower testing with no guests today. It has the same restraint design but with no seatbelt now.
LCzFiU1NphgFgcQHVSV83mDWkrS_ctn1LHinEs-mC-Ij5KgKZhjbI4Wf7lxZxKzNmaOBDizQJ7orfkDFFQ2LfmjOgxjQcVDJkraY.png

And the current restraints for reference:
z5mv9D71NOqpUehkwX1XBfe2D_oMJ7I4t5-AitNirPVnVPCGvQ_yBYW7swuoXkpTz7g3YbVwiH6D7x6PefuYiHFU804M0dUtxaet.png

Last edited:
It was just an extra safety layer, not too dissimilar from two-factor authentication when you think about it.

To me that was more concerning. Why not use a seat belt like most B&Ms and like it did before or do they think that the failure rate is so high that it's necessary.

It's great for views of UOR but that's about it. But we have Bistro 17 for that now. :lol:

Reactions: Coasted
Usually I do Express, but once the line was short so I went through the stand by queue. I was surprised and quite pleased. The queue is actually very good. Better than the ride.

Reactions: Alicia
I guess that means they're keeping it around for a while...was hoping they'd finally replace it with something else. I mean it's not bad, but it's just so generic