Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

I mean we all love looking at faux blood, guts, dismembered corpses, beheadings, people getting fake tortured, shot at, and murdered in the houses and scare zones so is enjoying sexy dancing really that creepy?

I say this as a fan of both the sexy dancing and the horror genre haha. It's all in good fun. :)

Ya'll are saying that the dudes are creepy for missing some sexy dancing mixed in with our horror goodness. But, lest we not forget that the show featured scantily clad men as well.

Don't get it twisted. Everyone loves some scantily clad dancing by the gender that they're attracted to.
I respected and appreciated the sexy dancing of all genders. They were all in outstanding shape not only to look the way they did but in the way they performed night after night.

IMO, there’s nothing wrong with sexy dancing or enjoying it. It’s human nature. Just don’t be weird about it! It was a fun part of Horror Nights.

You’re over thinking it. The dancing was one part of a show. The dudes who miss that specific dancing can go to the current employers of many of those dancers, but instead want to see it in a theme park. I mean there’s a difference between “I miss Bill and Ted” and mean all the aspects of the show vs “I miss the sexy dancing” and make it sound creepy.

I understand your point, but to play devils advocate, half the show was sexy dancing lol.
The beginning and end parts, 2 quarters of the show was the sexy dancing lol.

I think, i think some people only watched the show for the dancers and just tolerated the bill and ted part to see the dancing :lol::lol:

I don't think there's that big of a capacity problem with HHN. Add a 2nd show wherever and open up Simpsons and Fallon. The problem is that everyone attending the event is visiting Stranger and Poltergeist so those mazes probably see double the attendance compared to something like Scary Tales. I think instead of expanding the maze count the "headliner maze" should receive 2 copies.

2 identical houses? You mean like the equivalent of a roller coaster (Think Space Mountain) dedicating one track to FP/EP guests, and the other track to standby guests?

That could use the same queue infrastructure, allowing them to use more unused soundstages etc. without worrying about adding more queues?

Awesome idea!

No TMs are “sneaking in”. If you work at UOR, you have admission to the event when you’re off the clock as long as you didn’t call out for the day.

They act like it's sneaking, I think at one time it was, but I'm old. Or maybe that was 3d party TMs.

In any case a decent chunk of the crowd every night is TMs who didn't pay to get in.

They'd be better off discontinuing the Plus and Ultimate passes rather than doubling their price, especially when it comes to the ones that include express. No one is going to buy a $900 or $1200 pass, the value just isn't there, and Universal would look silly trying to sell something that expensive for a 30ish night event. The $600 pass is already pushing the limits of sanity.

I know as many people with a $450 (or more expensive) HHN pass as I know with Platinum WDW APs. I'd pay that for an Express-less FFP with the promise of lessened crowds. $450 clearly isn't the ceiling.

Last edited:
Im sorry but I just cannot agree with this take. If this is resources spread thin, HHN team are miracle workers.

I agree they are but ...

Halloween: same Shape costumes as previous years, couple reused Loomis costumes
SoX: there's three primary costume designs used repeatedly
HDD: one baby-faced killer mask repeated throughout
Tales: pigs from Scarcrow, lion from ST 3, HHN bear from 2015
TrT: half the costumes/sets from zone last year, plus the wolf from AWiL/standard woods set (still in my top two, but being realistic here)
DX: zombie masks repainted day-glo
Harvest zone: scarecrows
F&F zone: literally just coveralls

Poltergeist and Graveyard and Slaughter Sinema were the pimp houses this year, Klowns, Chucky and Traditions the pimp zones. An 11th and 12th house would have been thrown together from existing materials. The resources are't there to design a dozen top level houses.

I know we're not doing HHN29 spec yet, but anyone want to bet that Killer Klowns will get the Trick r Treat treatment next year?
I'm not sure how you make a house out of exceptional costumes and acting by the slow moving clowns though if that is what you mean by "TrT treatment".

I agree they are but ...

Halloween: same Shape costumes as previous years, couple reused Loomis costumes
SoX: there's three primary costume designs used repeatedly
HDD: one baby-faced killer mask repeated throughout
Tales: pigs from Scarcrow, lion from ST 3, HHN bear from 2015
TrT: half the costumes/sets from zone last year, plus the wolf from AWiL/standard woods set (still in my top two, but being realistic here)
DX: zombie masks repainted day-glo
Harvest zone: scarecrows
F&F zone: literally just coveralls

Poltergeist and Graveyard and Slaughter Sinema were the pimp houses this year, Klowns, Chucky and Traditions the pimp zones. An 11th and 12th house would have been thrown together from existing materials. The resources are't there to design a dozen top level houses.

This is a fair take that we don't talk about enough. There aren't enough materials to create ten (much less eleven or twelve) ultra deluxe mazes; inevitably, some are going to be carefully recycled or remixed. Hollywood's the same way --

Halloween: reusing a plethora of existing Halloween masks, props, costumes, and domestic sets (so many domestic sets)
Terror Tram: literally almost all recycled this year; Pig heads from SAW & AHS Roanoke, scarecrows from SZ1 last year, "Killbilly" overall generics, Hollywood Harry costumes/masks/props, generic clown masks/costumes/set pieces from the last decade
Trick r Treat/Stranger Things: literally the park's entire archive of forest materials (there's a reason there's no forest in Monsters)
Toxxic Tunnel: literal reuse of everything last year aside from a few new off-the-shelf masks
Holidayz in Hell: really smart redeployment of existing holiday decorations and other props (i.e. House of Horrors wolf finds a home here); money went into the new masks
Purge: many of the masks are new/specific to the film, but much of the set dressing, props, and scenic are pulled from generic urban/alley sets and earlier Purge zones
Blumhouse: no coincidence that Truth or Dare takes place almost entirely in an Abbey resembling La Llorona sets, Unfriended is in generic domestic sets, and The Girl straight up reuses Murder House hallways/walls

The "pimp" mazes for Hollywood are Stranger Things, Poltergeist, and, of course, Monsters. SZ1 got the most love in terms of new costumes/masks.

I'm not sure how you make a house out of exceptional costumes and acting by the slow moving clowns though if that is what you mean by "TrT treatment".

That's what I meant. The fact that they've already got the costumes and some props made is a big step in the direction of getting a house approved.

It's an easy sell when they can make a house version of a popular scare zone on a smaller budget (hence the "Trick r Treatment" I mentioned).

I guess I personally don't mind the reuse of masks and costumes. If they're still holding together and look good, use them as much as possible

I think it's fine as long as it's not glaringly obvious/done with tact. One doesn't want the event to feel "cheap" or like there's a throwaway house that either had no budget or relied almost exclusively on recycled materials.

2011's In-Between is a great example of a no-budget maze done beautifully.
2013's Aftermath is a terrible example of the same thing despite having similar design goals, in part because it blatantly ripped scenes from In-Between without catering them to the environment/story of the new maze.

I think it's fine as long as it's not glaringly obvious/done with tact. One doesn't want the event to feel "cheap" or like there's a throwaway house that either had no budget or relied almost exclusively on recycled materials.

2011's In-Between is a great example of a no-budget maze done beautifully.
2013's Aftermath is a terrible example of the same thing despite having similar design goals, in part because it blatantly ripped scenes from In-Between without catering them to the environment/story of the new maze.

Agreed. I don't want that.

I don't think anything *feels* cheap this year. Even Halloween 4 and Blumhouse, which I think are not good houses, don't feel like they were thrown together overnight.

Agreed. I don't want that.

I don't think anything *feels* cheap this year. Even Halloween 4 and Blumhouse, which I think are not good houses, don't feel like they were thrown together overnight.

Oh yeah, all of the highlight reels I've seen look great, including those mazes. I was honestly really impressed with Orlando's take on Happy Death Day and am sad it isn't connecting more.

This is just more of a hypothetical discussion as the resources continue to be stretched, as @SeventyOne is pointing out. They're going to need to get even more creative if the roster expands to eleven. (Return of the 3D maze seems likely...)

Oh yeah, all of the highlight reels I've seen look great, including those mazes. I was honestly really impressed with Orlando's take on Happy Death Day and am sad it isn't connecting more.

This is just more of a hypothetical discussion as the resources continue to be stretched, as @SeventyOne is pointing out. They're going to need to get even more creative if the roster expands to eleven. (Return of the 3D maze seems likely...)

I still pine for a 3D house as good as In-Between. Still a top 5 all timer for me. Hell, just rebuild In-Between.