Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Such a small area. Maybe they should change the name to Mini Me Mario's Nintendo Slice of Pizza..... I feel bad for the Hollywood fans if that's all they're getting in the near future.
Remember they have the staging area for Jurassic World and behind Transformers. Once Horror Nights is over and they remove the soundstage then that leaves plenty of room.

yeah, the staging area for Jurassic World is the given; and even if they don't have Stage 29, they do have the possibility of Panda/Studio Cafe/TF Extended Queue/Restrooms.

Unpopular opinion time (lol) but in my times of going to USH I have always said it needs A LOT of work done: get rid of Animal Actors AND Special Effects and put a new Ready Player One ride (in the similar vein of Transformers with less 3D aspects of it), remove The Walking Dead and put the Secret Life of Pets ride there, upgrade the screens for The Simpsons Ride (last time I remember, the screens were low resolution and it was not exactly crystal clear as expected to be), Lower Lot west side will be The Lost World (two rides, one shop and one meet and greet area), east side will be Super Nintendo World (three rides, two shops, one meet and greet area and one show area) and get rid of The Mummy AND Transformers (yeah I know, I know, that ride is "amazing" fight me lol)

In any case, I am taking everything being said "or rumored" with a large grain of salt unless I see actual sources of it. A lot of this just seems like he said, she said stuff.

Reactions: k_peek_2000
I wouldn't necessarily say that Mummy and Transformers are "Amazing".. :eek:O:

Regardless, whatever is planned now for Nintendo and the Lower Lot, I doubt they would change it at this point, with crane on-site for Nintendo.

Reactions: mitsuramos
I wouldn't necessarily say that Mummy and Transformers are "Amazing".. :eek:O:

Regardless, whatever is planned now for Nintendo and the Lower Lot, I doubt they would change it at this point, with crane on-site for Nintendo.
Certainly USH is not going to remove a very successful ride only after 6 years of operation. The argument for the Mummy has been made before but IMHO with being one of the only coasters at the park it would be a mistake to remove it. Can they replace it with something better? sure but what? Universal needs thrill rides and yeah the Mummy isn't a top thrill ride it is still a good fit for USH.

They really need to try to find a way for SNW to take over SS 16-20. When the new sound stages get built over at Park Lake, they should be able to remove them. If not at launch, hopefully for future expansion.

Yes I've got to assume that 16-20 are marked for future SNW expansion.

Maybe Mummy is staying until we get DK coaster or our own version of the Dark Forest coaster?
I still love the Mummy so happy it is hanging around a bit longer.
Transformers was a game changer back in 2012 and is still amazing now IMO, getting rid of it would be crazy.

Reactions: Moose84
Yes I've got to assume that 16-20 are marked for future SNW expansion.

Maybe Mummy is staying until we get DK coaster or our own version of the Dark Forest coaster?
I still love the Mummy so happy it is hanging around a bit longer.
Transformers was a game changer back in 2012 and is still amazing now IMO, getting rid of it would be crazy.
Mummy isn’t going anywhere for a while. I do like it for what it is so I’m glad it’s staying. It would be nice to see a tech upgrade with digital mapping. It’s showing it’s age.

I don't think TF and Mummy are leaving, but I don't see people calling them "amazing" ride's by any account.

Oh Yeah...

Transformers is a top 5 ride west of the Mississippi and Mummy is incredibly underrated and by my account a great ride.

So there, lol.

Joking aside I do mean what I said.

So no announcement at its time right? Anyways, I really hope they expand SNW Hollywood a bit, especially putting in MK ride, Donkey-Kong coaster, and other stuff. Make it look like MSHI.

You'd be surprised how far along something can get before big changes are made. As long as the money hoses are pointed in the direction of the land major changes can occur any time until opening day.

As of today... there is no DK for Nintendo in Hollywood. Can things change...yes. Can there be future expansions...yes. But as of today, DK will not open with the land opening in Hollywood.

Reactions: Coolbfitz