Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool stuff. And confirms a few bits I read in this Reddit post yesterday: Working on the Jurrasic Park remodel at Universal Studios Hollywood, AMA! : JurassicPark

Not too much we don't already know, but still some interesting tidbits nonetheless.

Interesting thing to note he said he would be done probably in February. Maybe that is his part of the job but I talked to a Mummy CM and he said Jurassic would only be down for 6 months. So maybe we get a early opening? March?

I don't get the vibe that there will be screens in there, purely when you consider that it would likely have a lot of light bleed.

EDIT:

From RyanTheme Park,

something interesting..it seems as if, the building has a curved opening of some kind, which makes me think this is going to be a bit more acting as a tunnel. If that's the case, I wonder if the gates of this scene will be more..realized, like the Orlando & Osaka JPRA.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued. The entrance through the gates always felt a little lacking as opposed to JPRA, and of course the foliage in the early scenes was always a bit.. sparse, especially behind the smaller Ultrasaur and above the waterfall rockwork where SSFL is visible. I know space is much more of factor in this version, but the immersion never quite matched Orlando's for me. I'm hopeful they'll improve upon that with the rehaul, as well as everything else that has been promised.

Update pics from today 10/21/2018
8F6BtRq.jpg

JbIWkFA.jpg

fPWMHjv.jpg

OMqMpjg.jpg

eaNgVw7.jpg

KdcoUbp.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting they're constructing a showbuilding for tunnel and first scene(?) If the showbuilding extends all the way to where the falling jeep used to be, this will be VERY interesting.

You could make the argument that they're making more room for screenz, but I'm not gonna worry about it. Gimmie some good AAs and practical effects, and I could care less how many screenz there are.

I knew you would say that. Your so predictable.

Oh, I'm sorry. Would it be that I'd like some context, and proper seeing of how it relates to the thread?

Meanwhile, @SailwiththeTide is getting photo's like a champ, and has become a great source of finding the latest (and also being on the IUForums itself, as opposed to YouTube) for Jurassic World, as the coverage they are posting out is excellent.

But forgive me to see how that doesn't make any sense to show, as nothing is of noteworthy mentioning from it?

Oh, I'm sorry. Would it be that I'd like some context, and proper seeing of how it relates to the thread?

Meanwhile, @SailwiththeTide is getting photo's like a champ, and has become a great source of finding the latest (and also being on the IUForums itself, as opposed to YouTube) for Jurassic World, as the coverage they are posting out is excellent.

But forgive me to see how that doesn't make any sense to show, as nothing is of noteworthy mentioning from it?
You have to much time on your hands. I’m going to ignore you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.