Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 378 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be Universal's worst nightmare to have Disney aquire the rights to Harry Potter and buy Warner Bros properties I think Uni should stick with WB IMO. Universal is trying to add more Warner Bros properties which I also read on Alicia Stella article on UUO Podcast.
The chances of either a Comcast or Disney acquisition of Warner, that would meet government regulatory approval, is just about zero. I wouldn't let it concern me. :)

Let’s be honest JK Rowling didn’t want to put Potter at Disney. Disney wanted Potter and approached JK Rowling for the movie rights. Disney wanted control with Rowling being limited in her control. She quickly showed them a picture of kite and offered a suggestion of a windy park near by.

Warner Brothers gave Rowling what she wanted and it was a brilliant move. With the first movie a hit Disney actually approached Rowling again to leave WB, she gave Disney a coupon book for the local kite shop, and the contract to WB was steadfast. So Disney actually contemplated buying Scholastic(the publisher) but realized that 6+ billion for a publisher, when the industry was in a steep decline, would be bad.

Disney in one last move tried to secure the theme park right and had several meetings with Rowling which came to a head in Orlando when Rowling became so fed up that she stormed out of Disney’s office and went straight to their biggest competitor in Orlando, Universal and yeah let’s just say Universal, smartly, gave in to what Rowling wanted and BOOM!

It was at this point I believe Rowling actually sent a shipment of Kites to Disney’s office with a giant air fan and a letter saying ENJOY!!!

So thinking Rowling would revisit with Disney over anything I find to be laughable. She feels now what Tolkien always felt, “Disney? F$&k Disney!”
Yeah I was trying to remember how the story went. :lol:

I owe you guys an apology sorry for starting that new topic on whether their will be 2 new dry park and another water park on the new property. We don't know wha t that whooping 900 acres of land will be but one is definitely a new gate. I just thought the filing of the 2 names were quite interesting I wish I had an article so I can share it with you guys. Maybe you probably don't know what I am talking about but I read it somewhere. Nothing is official i get that so we don't know all we can do is speculate. Wha t we do know is that we will know more next year perhaps before Galaxy's Edge opens up at DHS in late 2019.

I owe you guys an apology sorry for starting that new topic on whether their will be 2 new dry park and another water park on the new property. We don't know wha t that whooping 900 acres of land will be but one is definitely a new gate. I just thought the filing of the 2 names were quite interesting I wish I had an article so I can share it with you guys. Maybe you probably don't know what I am talking about but I read it somewhere. Nothing is official i get that so we don't know all we can do is speculate. Wha t we do know is that we will know more next year perhaps before Galaxy's Edge opens up at DHS in late 2019.
So far my thinking is:

Fantastic Worlds - new 4th gate

Epic Universe - marketing term for entire resort

Epic Universe and Fantastic Worlds can be names used for a various sort of things. It doesn't have to be oriented to a name for the park (saying that in response to the former).

What I get the vibe of, is more this..

Fantastic Worlds - New Park Name

Epic Universe - Brand for a marketing push of UOR in general

__

Also, keep in mind that portions of the 900+ acres may not be eligible for use; due to the portions of the land itself more than anything.

So far my thinking is:

Fantastic Worlds - new 4th gate

Epic Universe - marketing term for entire resort
Epic Universe and Fantastic Worlds can be names used for a various sort of things. It doesn't have to be oriented to a name for the park (saying that in response to the former).

What I get the vibe of, is more this..

Fantastic Worlds - New Park Name

Epic Universe - Brand for a marketing push of UOR in general

__

Also, keep in mind that portions of the 900+ acres may not be eligible for use; due to the portions of the land itself more than anything.

That's my thinking but I'm not completely sold that Fantastic Worlds will be the park name because of how the trademarks have been registered compared to other trademarks but the name has grown on me a lot.

The satellite parcels of land will make for great locations for resorts and backstage stuff.

That's my thinking but I'm not completely sold that Fantastic Worlds will be the park name because of how the trademarks have been registered compared to other trademarks but the name has grown on me a lot.

The satellite parcels of land will make for great locations for resorts and backstage stuff.
I have to admit, Fantastic Worlds has grown on me, but I still think they could do better. Also, I just thought about Wondrous Worlds, any thoughts? I think it kinda flows better with the two words starting with W.

I have to admit, Fantastic Worlds has grown on me, but I still think they could do better. Also, I just thought about Wondrous Worlds, any thoughts? I think it kinda flows better with the two words starting with W.

I'm really digging the 'worlds' part as it's the evolutionary step from theme parks just having lands, now they have worlds. Universal will need to deliver to live up to the name. The 'Fantastic' bit I can take it or leave it but there's only so many adjectives that will work.

Edit: I thought I'd look up the alternatives in a thesaurus:

fantastic.JPG
Universal's Ludicrous Worlds
Universal's Phantasmagoric Worlds
Universal's Queer Worlds
Universal's Wacky Worlds

Is this how Disney picked that list for the possible DHS name change?

Last edited:
I like Legendary Worlds worlds because that also brings in the likes of classic monsters. But on another note how many themed areas does USF and IOA Have? IOA I am going to assume has 6 themed areas. The fourth gate should have 4 themed lands as far as we know. Nintendo, Dreamworks, Lord Of The Rings, Fantastic Beasts, Jurassic World is a toss up since we just don't know the future or fate of Jurassic Park at IOA. I mean think about it does it really make sense to have two areas at both IOA and the new gate themed and based on the Jurassic Park Franchise? I don't think so.

Reactions: Scott W.
From what I gather in the official sense of maps..

IOA
- Port of Entry
- Marvel Superhero Island
- Toon Lagoon
- Jurassic Park
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Hogsmeade
- Lost Continent
- Seuss Landing
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong (yup, that's a land, according to map)

USF
- Production Central
- Hollywood
- Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone
- Springfield
- World's Expo
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley
- San Francisco
- New York

Alright, since I am bored and you ruined my fun by deleting my rumors thread in favor of one that barely updates, I now present my theories for the upcoming park.
PART 1 THE MYSTERY OF GLOBUS MUNDI:
I think this will be a preview area for the new park, considering that it is themed to a travel agency and some of the signage outside. Will be linked to the new Harry Potter land (which will be fantastic beasts related) and I think the shop in general will be a big part of early marketing.
PART 2 GENERAL THINGS:
After trying to do a Disney Park but in a ring like Islands of Adventure, they will full on ape the Disney Park layout mainstreet and all. As intriguing as the petal layout sounds, I do not see it working and I think land transitions will be similar to Islands of Adventure (for example, the Nintendo themed world can have pipes for exits to different lands). Citywalk 2 (or something like that) will come, may act as sort of a mainstreet and will be better themed. Universal will have a lot more control over the shops there and will be themed to the world travelling theme (and yes it was present in Islands of Adventure, but it will be more prominent here). I may elaborate on this later, but the rumors here are slim. Hotels will be connected on the outskirts to the lands a la Disneysea and be themed to them as well. With the exception of one land I will detail later on (and you probably already know it from the rumors), the lands will be themed to one property and will likely be on the HP lands levels of theming. We will get a tease or two next year, likely after the the HP coaster's opening but nothing concrete (not even a name) until late 2020. Park will open late 2022-2023, even though Universal has quick construction, they will probably avoid Disney's anniversary (but will market the hell out of the incoming park to steal the shrinking glory [thanks to Chapek downsizing everything]).
UP NEXT LANDS RIDES AND MORE
(edit: also they are calling the park Fantastic Worlds)

Alright, since I am bored and you ruined my fun by deleting my rumors thread in favor of one that barely updates, I now present my theories for the upcoming park.
PART 1 THE MYSTERY OF GLOBUS MUNDI:
I think this will be a preview area for the new park, considering that it is themed to a travel agency and some of the signage outside. Will be linked to the new Harry Potter land (which will be fantastic beasts related) and I think the shop in general will be a big part of early marketing.
PART 2 GENERAL THINGS:
After trying to do a Disney Park but in a ring like Islands of Adventure, they will full on ape the Disney Park layout mainstreet and all. As intriguing as the petal layout sounds, I do not see it working and I think land transitions will be similar to Islands of Adventure (for example, the Nintendo themed world can have pipes for exits to different lands). Citywalk 2 (or something like that) will come, may act as sort of a mainstreet and will be better themed. Universal will have a lot more control over the shops there and will be themed to the world travelling theme (and yes it was present in Islands of Adventure, but it will be more prominent here). I may elaborate on this later, but the rumors here are slim. Hotels will be connected on the outskirts to the lands a la Disneysea and be themed to them as well. With the exception of one land I will detail later on (and you probably already know it from the rumors), the lands will be themed to one property and will likely be on the HP lands levels of theming. We will get a tease or two next year, likely after the the HP coaster's opening but nothing concrete (not even a name) until late 2020. Park will open late 2022-2023, even though Universal has quick construction, they will probably avoid Disney's anniversary (but will market the hell out of the incoming park to steal the shrinking glory [thanks to Chapek downsizing everything]).
UP NEXT LANDS RIDES AND MORE
(edit: also they are calling the park Fantastic Worlds)
Second part is nice, but there is a negative 100000% chance that Globus has anything to do with marketing the new park.

Reactions: Alicia
Second part is nice, but there is a negative 100000% chance that Globus has anything to do with marketing the new park.
Yea, it’s just a place to buy Globus Mundi merch. (As much as I want it to also somehow offer vacations to Wizarding locations around the world.)

I thought Globus was a copy of Hollywood in what they did to the Hogsmeade Station area. Was a photo op and now a store with Globus Muni merchandise among other things.

PART 3 NIGH CONFIRMED
Nintendo- Will be Mario themed and a clone of USJ, with maybe a new ride or two in there (most likely a spinner or a flat ride like that). DK and Mario Kart will be the main attractions and the land itself will have a lot of interactivity (which will be a huge thing in this park) via AR or other technologies. Nintendo properties will be spread out amongst the parks. I expect this one will be one of the first revealed as Nintendo fans will buy up anything if it has good marketing (I myself am one, so yeah). Maybe others will be represented, but I think it is unlikely as there are two other parks in Orlando that they can go to.
Something Harry Potter Related- Harry Potter is arguably what made Universal truly stand out from Disney and the quality that they backs up the lands being the Universal Parks' flagship attractions these days. The rumors are pointing to something fantastic beasts related, but I am not sure what, some sort of Dark ride or coaster, but otherwise I honestly don't know.
PART 4 VERY LIKELY TO OCCUR
Something Dreamworks related - Will be the only "multi-IP" land like parks of the past, but I see it mostly as a set of mini-worlds. Lineup will most likely be HTTYD, Trolls and Kung Fu Panda, with possibly Shrek or Madagascar to replace any one of the three. The majority of the land will be flat rides or reused attractions from international parks. I can see HTTYD getting a major attraction (SCREENZ based sim most likely) and some themed restaurants, but that's it. Trolls will be mostly flat rides and Kung Fu Panda will be as well, but the movie from the Dreamworks thater may make it over. Shrek will have a presence depending if there is still some movement on the franchise and Madagascar is only included because of the trademarks filed, but that franchise is mostly dead and Dreamworks hasn't said anything about it. HTTYD and other worlds will be dependent on box office preformance of the films.

Yea, it’s just a place to buy Globus Mundi merch. (As much as I want it to also somehow offer vacations to Wizarding locations around the world.)

I thought Globus was a copy of Hollywood in what they did to the Hogsmeade Station area. Was a photo op and now a store with Globus Muni merchandise among other things.

Well that's too bad :(, I'll leave it in but yeah it's sad it will be used only as a gift shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.