Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drop track looks similar to the other Intamin ones in Europe: Th13teen and Darkmare. I can't find numbers online for them, but they look like maybe a story and a half ish? 2 stories tops? It isn't too far down, just enough to feel that funny falling feeling in your tummy.
The drop track on Thirteen is 16.4 feet and I assume Darkmare’s is the same as well

The drop on Th13teen is shockingly intense for what it is. Very comparable to one of the larger drops on Tower of Terror in terms of feeling.

This ride will definitely veer towards the more thrilling end of family coasters.
And my guess is it will be most similar to this one, if not exactly the same height.

I can't find what the record is for coaster with the most launches, so there's maybe that.

I wonder if the drop will pull you down faster than gravity similar to ToT.
I think 6 will be the record. I can't even find any coasters with more than Cheetah Hunt, but I haven't done a very thorough search. Anyone know?

The drop on Th13teen is shockingly intense for what it is. Very comparable to one of the larger drops on Tower of Terror in terms of feeling.

This ride will definitely veer towards the more thrilling end of family coasters.
Verbolten's was surprising as well....I also realized I don't like dropping like that on a coaster...kinda freaks me out haha

Verbolten's was surprising as well....I also realized I don't like dropping like that on a coaster...kinda freaks me out haha

I agree. It’s a very weird sensation. I had the pleasure of doing Verbolten earlier this year and whilst it’s good, it doesn’t quite have the same force as the Intamin versions.

I wonder if this will have the smaller ‘fake’ drop before the main freefall like Th13teen. That usually generates a lot of screams.

I agree. It’s a very weird sensation. I had the pleasure of doing Verbolten earlier this year and whilst it’s good, it doesn’t quite have the same force as the Intamin versions.

I wonder if this will have the smaller ‘fake’ drop before the main freefall like Th13teen. That usually generates a lot of screams.
Its in the movie as a couple of shudders then the drop so I would not be surprised.

Is the initial drop of the track going to be faster than gravity... a pulled drop if you will? All drops are controlled so that you don’t crash with force at the bottom.

Assuming it’s exactly the same technology (and from following on here it looks to be);

The track does genuinely freefall. First a couple of inches and then for the remainder of the drop. It’s not faster than gravity though the braking doesn’t kick in to slow it down until at least 3/4 of the way down the drop. It’s a sudden but smooth stop at the bottom.

The sheer weight of the train with riders makes it very forceful. If the train isn’t full then you can notice a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.