Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

Even those "Sold Out" nights still had walk up tickets available. I'm guessing Disney has decided to increase capacity and have tickets available for those who show up at MK and didn't realize they were closing early for a party, making more money and making guests happy (but mostly making more money).

I was just thinking that there isn’t too much to do at MHP compared to HHN and your paying more to attend MHP. Maybe people are noticing this?
Ok, I get it. I think there has been so few changes to MNSSHP over the last 10 years many are opting not to spend what it takes to attend. The snowball just gets bigger and bigger as it rolls.

MNSSHP attendance "decline" is probably a result of more event dates being stretched. AK closures is probably a budgetary issue.

October 31 is Halloween night no matter the year. And I can't remember the last time it didn't sell out by mid-September. At the same time, HHN expanded nights, still having sell-outs. There are deep-seated issues with the Mouse.

October 31 is Halloween night no matter the year. And I can't remember the last time it didn't sell out by mid-September. At the same time, HHN expanded nights, still having sell-outs. There are deep-seated issues with the Mouse.
Yes....and if you look at the Quarterly reports over the last three years, with the exception of two quarters, "Revenue Increases" were nearly completely due to significant, and steep, price increases in tickets, hotels, food and merchandise.

Yes....and if you look at the Quarterly reports over the last three years, with the exception of two quarters, "Revenue Increases" were nearly completely due to significant, and steep, price increases in tickets, hotels, food and merchandise.

Find the delta between year over year increases in prices minus roughly 3% and you have the decreases in overal spending and attendance.

Tickets still available for the 31st.

Getting to see Diagon for $60 is cheaper than the after 2pm convention tickets even if you ignore the Halloween stuff. I would assume they are more concerned with pushing express passes and alcohol by stuffing the parks or they would have raised prices like Disney for special events.

MNSSHP hasn't changed enough to warrant another visit for most people. This is an event that is primarily aimed at locals, and most people feel like they've seen it already. I know I've been twice in the seven years I've lived in Orlando, and while it was fun there wasn't enough "special" stuff to warrant a visit every year for what they charge for it. Same thing with Christmas.

They really should re-tool the events for next year and make it fresh and new again. That would pack people in.

MNSSHP hasn't changed enough to warrant another visit for most people. This is an event that is primarily aimed at locals, and most people feel like they've seen it already. I know I've been twice in the seven years I've lived in Orlando, and while it was fun there wasn't enough "special" stuff to warrant a visit every year for what they charge for it. Same thing with Christmas.

They really should re-tool the events for next year and make it fresh and new again. That would pack people in.

In contrast HHN have added an extra date ... Tue 30-Oct

Touring Plans has been publishing stories about how often they're finding really cheap WDW rooms on Priceline. Changes from day to day though. Another list on the TP Blog today. Just a couple of highlights. A big surprise. Most days "Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and most of Christmas week" .These prices for that week ...All Star Sports $87 a day, a 54% discount...Coronado $118 a day, 56% discount...AK Lodge $226, 58% discount.....................soooo, for those looking for affordable on site rooms, this may be an alternative. Especially, since the WDW website often shows no vacancies, when in reality, there are plenty of rooms available.

Last edited:
I saw Coronado Springs outright on priceline for like 150 with taxes and fees over Christmas the other day. Looking to book anything in general within reason for the family over the holiday I found a lot better deals than I thought there would be. I would be interested to know if there is a real trend in declining crowds during historically "crowded" times of the year in general due to the combination of every single player trying to exploit everyone for higher prices. When you have the combination of higher hotel costs/ flight costs/ rental costs in addition for higher season pass costs with more people blacked out you can't just act like the Disney percentage increase wasn't that bad.

Supposedly this wasn't happening, and available to this extent, in past years. And, it seems Disney tries to manipulate their web site to get people to book the deluxe resorts, that have been lagging in bookings. They show values and moderates as being unavailable, when in reality, they are. These seem to be signs that there are indeed signals that there may be cracks in the WDW system. And that's why I thought the canary in the coal mine is the more appropriate phrase to describe what is really happening, even though Joe is right that they're (TP) technically referring to Canary Chrome in their article. These deals seem to be available at all times of the year now. I just pointed out Xmas week since that seems astounding in itself.