Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 379 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My updated fourth gate possibilities....which should be named Fantastic Worlds
1. Fantastic Beasts-1st Themed Land
2. Super Nintendo Land-2nd Themed Land
3.Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth-3rd Themed Land
4.Star Trek/Sci-Fi Land-4th Land
That would be four my fourth would’ve been Jurassic World. But you have A new coaster coming to the IOA JP themed area so it would make more sense to transform this land into Jurassic World. I know their is more space to build an all new Jurassic World Land over at a fourth new gate. New Dinosaurs, resturaunts, shops, a Mossasaur rumored show, rides, possibly that long awaited Jeep safari ride might come to life but more likely a gyrosphere ride being attacked I guess from a Indo-Rex.
The fifth and sixth lands are up in the air another one/5th Land should be Classic Monsters. I am not sure where a ready player one ride fits in I hope it’s BTTF/Hill Valley Section but I’ll keep dreaming I just think so many Uni fans miss BTTF and would take that over ready player one ride any day of the week. LOTR is more likely than Star Trek. But they would just make good theme park themed lands IMO...the both of them. I would love to see Gandalf & Sauruman as Mascots walking around the park or AA’s in a attraction which one would you prefer? Smaug is probably asking for a little too much since their is already a dragon at Diagon Alley that can breath a little fire every like 15 minutes?

PART 5 MAY OR MAY NOT APPEAR
Worlds that are rumored, but may have been scrapped or may not show up.
JURASSIC WORLD
I think the inclusion here will depend on how well the Jurassic World reskin will do in Hollywood, only reason I see it going here instead of in Islands is land use. Think it will come to USO as a ride/land in some form just not here. Only guaranteed ride is the gyroscope dark ride, maybe the wooden coaster if Universal feels like splurging.
Universal Monsters-I want to see it here as much as you guys, but with the Mummy flopping and the Dark Universe going inactive (though Bride of Frankenstein is still in development and a small set was created that looked very close to the sets of the 30s) it may be dead. I could see them coming back as part of a retro land hopefully as a dark ride, with black and white visuals and a F0rbidden Journey level of polish, but those seem unrealistic.
Star Trek - I am tempted to put it under the unlikely or not happening, but unlike Warner Bros (Harry Potter doesn't count), Viacom and CBS are very willing to license their properties for rides and other things. The success of the next series will determine if it gets greenlighted, but I think it will be unlikely. A dark ride or a ride a la the Millennium Falcon ride will be the centerpiece, along with a lot of shops/restaurants, but nothing else will come.

Going to take a break on this as I have class. Will do the unlikely/not happening next.

JURASSIC WORLD
I think the inclusion here will depend on how well the Jurassic World reskin will do in Hollywood, only reason I see it going here instead of in Islands is land use. Think it will come to USO as a ride/land in some form just not here. Only guaranteed ride is the gyroscope dark ride, maybe the wooden coaster if Universal feels like splurging.
Universal Monsters-I want to see it here as much as you guys, but with the Mummy flopping and the Dark Universe going inactive (though Bride of Frankenstein is still in development and a small set was created that looked very close to the sets of the 30s) it may be dead. I could see them coming back as part of a retro land hopefully as a dark ride, with black and white visuals and a F0rbidden Journey level of polish, but those seem unrealistic.
Star Trek - I am tempted to put it under the unlikely or not happening, but unlike Warner Bros (Harry Potter doesn't count), Viacom and CBS are very willing to license their properties for rides and other things. The success of the next series will determine if it gets greenlighted, but I think it will be unlikely. A dark ride or a ride a la the Millennium Falcon ride will be the centerpiece, along with a lot of shops/restaurants, but nothing else will come.

Going to take a break on this as I have class. Will do the unlikely/not happening next.
My dream would be a haunted mansion type dark ride with all the classic monsters. It’s crazy to me that Universal hasn’t done this. House of Horror and Beatlejuice were great. They can do better! The only thing we have left of the monsters is that small restaurant in USF and the occasional scare maze during horror nights(which is awesome).

Reactions: therock
For anyone who is knowledgeable about IP law,

If a studio fully owned by Universal produces a property that is distributed by another company (I.e Fox), all rights outside of distribution would still be with the main company correct. Kinda like Percy Jackson being distributed by Fox but the material it is based off was published by a Disney owned company.

If this is the case, then some are some IPs that are extremely viable that we are missing from speculation.

If Jurassic World comes to the fourth gate I have a slight feeling JP Land might get taken down.....I know you think I’m crazy but their will be a change of plans i think send over the JP rumored coaster over to the fourth gate. Make an all new Jurassic World land like I was saying take away JP at IOA. But the river adventure is still a classic. If I had to put my money on it at the end of the day I am saying a Jurassic Park transformation into JW at IOA.

JURASSIC WORLD

Shouldn’t double post but I’m sure your unlikely picks wil be Jaws, back to the future, earthquake, terminator, and ghostbusters.

For anyone who is knowledgeable about IP law,

If a studio fully owned by Universal produces a property that is distributed by another company (I.e Fox), all rights outside of distribution would still be with the main company correct. Kinda like Percy Jackson being distributed by Fox but the material it is based off was published by a Disney owned company.

If this is the case, then some are some IPs that are extremely viable that we are missing from speculation.

It really depends on who "owns" the IP.

In your Percy Jackson example, the likely owner of the IP is neither Universal nor Fox, but Rick Riordan (the author of the books), UNLESS in his deal with Universal to produce the film he also gave Theme Park rights to that property as well. Similar in nature to JK being the IP owner of all things HP, and her company decides who to license the rights to the IP for various things (Movies, Merchandise, Theme Parks etc.)

Something like LOTR, is similar in nature. The Tolkien family owns rights to the IP, and then they have farmed out many aspects to who can us it for various things. Movie rights, TV rights, and even the Video Game rights got "fun" as they split those rights between video games based on the movie series (that use the likenesses of the actors who played the characters) vs. video games based of the books.

So it's not necessarily as simple as Producer vs. Distributor of a movie. It comes down to who originally owns the IP and what they have allowed to be done with them.

Reactions: SeventyOne
To add to the above, there is a funny story as it relates to the ownership of who owns the IP of King Kong. Technically "no one" and many different entities own King Kong.

In the early 80's, Universal tried to sue Nintendo over Donkey Kong, stating that it was too similar to King Kong (which they claimed they owned).

They lost (and were deemed to have acted in bad faith as they should have known) as Universal had themselves earlier proven that King Kong's plot and characters were in the public domain in a lawsuit with a company who claimed they owned the rights (who got said rights from the original creator)...... It's a long and complicated story of many lawsuits, and appeals throughout the years between many different companies over the rights to the character and story.

To add to the above, there is a funny story as it relates to the ownership of who owns the IP of King Kong. Technically "no one" and many different entities own King Kong.

In the early 80's, Universal tried to sue Nintendo over Donkey Kong, stating that it was too similar to King Kong (which they claimed they owned).

They lost (and were deemed to have acted in bad faith as they should have known) as Universal had themselves earlier proven that King Kong's plot and characters were in the public domain in a lawsuit with a company who claimed they owned the rights (who got said rights from the original creator)...... It's a long and complicated story of many lawsuits, and appeals throughout the years between many different companies over the rights to the character and story.
And now Donkey Kong and King Kong will coexist in the same theme park resort owned by Universal.

Life is funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.