Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

God, no. We'd probably end up with the crappy versions of ToT other places got.

I think Missiom Breakout is far superior :shrug:

The system in use at WDW is superior for Tower of Terror but for switching the ride to something else will need some creativity.

I was thinking with the fox acquisition, American Horror Story could maybe be an option if they wanted to keep the tone the same.

I think Missiom Breakout is far superior :shrug:

The system in use at WDW is superior for Tower of Terror but for switching the ride to something else will need some creativity.

I was thinking with the fox acquisition, American Horror Story could maybe be an option if they wanted to keep the tone the same.
Mission Breakout is superior to what was there. The problem of using one shaft is there's no real build up. Plus walking through a door - into a hallway - through another door broke the spell. . In florida you're going up... and then suddenly though the 5th dimension it helps build this feeling of anxiety... and then into darkness.... I rode with an imagineer who pointed out every thing done in ToT (FL) to increase anxiety. Learned a few things too *like how the 5th dimension effect ended up being bonded due to costs - look and you'll see we're supposed to be on our backs, facing the sky - there was a sequence trimmed)

Mission Breakout is superior to what was there. The problem of using one shaft is there's no real build up. Plus walking through a door - into a hallway - through another door broke the spell. . In florida you're going up... and then suddenly though the 5th dimension it helps build this feeling of anxiety... and then into darkness.... I rode with an imagineer who pointed out every thing done in ToT (FL) to increase anxiety. Learned a few things too *like how the 5th dimension effect ended up being bonded due to costs - look and you'll see we're supposed to be on our backs, facing the sky - there was a sequence trimmed)

True but Guardians wouldn’t work any where near as well with the build up.

Crossing the hallway was a stupid decision and I can’t believe that it was allowed to happen without a clever work around.

I still stand by that Guardians is a better overall experience.

ToT at WDW is also currently missing a scene or it was when I rode last week.

True but Guardians wouldn’t work any where near as well with the build up.

Crossing the hallway was a stupid decision and I can’t believe that it was allowed to happen without a clever work around.

I still stand by that Guardians is a better overall experience.

ToT at WDW is also currently missing a scene or it was when I rode last week.
Theres only one scene (The hallway with the "ghosts") in the ride itself, then the 5th dimension crossover, and then the drop shaft (effects vary depending on sequence) and finale screen. So not sure what could be missing.

In California not only do you have the illusion broken by the hallway, the elevator begins by moving backwards into the shaft, breaking the buildup. Thats why Breakout works better - they incorporated into the plot. But as far as building up tension, WDW's ToT is miles ahead. Breakout is definetly much more of a lighthearted scream machine.

Disney filed a patent for the vekoma developed method of power spinning for the coaster vehicles.

So, I take it that up to this point spinning coasters have either been triggered by physical mechanisms along the track, or free spinning? This will be the first "powered" spinning coaster car system?

The spinning is powered on the coaster car for Gringotts? Or is it triggered by something along the track path? That's what I was wondering. Like what's different here worth patenting?

Most likely the overall system of providing powered spinning. Gringotts has powered spinning provided by on vehicle motors.

Most likely the overall system of providing powered spinning. Gringotts has powered spinning provided by on vehicle motors.
Yea, it's a wonder we don't see patent lawsuits between theme parks the way there is in the tech community with all these similar type ride systems co-existing.