Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 399 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree, but I feel there is a point where people get pissed and don't return next year because they had a terrible time

It would be pretty funny if they make 11 houses and two shows and if they open fallon and minnions,

And then people dont come as much as this year :lol:

I agree, but I feel there is a point where people get pissed and don't return next year because they had a terrible time

Most people don’t care if they don’t hit every house in one night. Instead they care about what they do is of high quality. I don’t think next year will have decreased crowds if ST is there.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Judging by the app the last two days seem less crazy than the previous weekend... so that's good I suppose lol.

Judging by the app the last two days seem less crazy than the previous weekend... so that's good I suppose lol.
It wasn’t until Friday last week that things really got crazy. I expect Fri-Sun this weekend and next to both be insane and mostly sold out again.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Most people don’t care if they don’t hit every house in one night. Instead they care about what they do is of high quality. I don’t think next year will have decreased crowds if ST is there.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with that completely. I overhear a lot of "Man, we could only X many houses...." and the ever-popular "Next time, Express", along with other similar statements.

I mean if it were up to me the park would have like 3,000 people so all the lines are like 5 minutes and the park feels sparsely populated but not completely barren but damn Universal cares more about making money than giving me what I want! :rant:

I do agree that there is a tipping point where the park becomes too crowded and the experience suffers to the point that word of mouth becomes more negative than positive. I don't know where exactly that is, but I'm happy to know Universal is aware of this and per Legacy and others is looking at all the different ways to keep the experience positive for the fans.

Also for the family claim. I don't quite get it. There might be more teens? and families there, but I really didn't notice. It seemed the VAST majority of people I ran into where adults.

Also I don't quite get the whole argument that they are softening the event... Yes Bill and Ted is gone, but I was pretty shocked again how gruesome/gory and adult the event felt... Maybe I'm going soft in my old age. :shrug:

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I mean if it were up to me the park would have like 3,000 people so all the lines are like 5 minutes and the park feels sparsely populated but not completely barren but damn Universal cares more about making money than giving me what I want! :rant:

I do agree that there is a tipping point where the park becomes too crowded and the experience suffers to the point that word of mouth becomes more negative than positive. I don't know where exactly that is, but I'm happy to know Universal is aware of this and per Legacy and others is looking at all the different ways to keep the experience positive for the fans.

Also for the family claim. I don't quite get it. There might be more teens? and families there, but I really didn't notice. It seemed the VAST majority of people I ran into where adults.

Also I don't quite get the whole argument that they are softening the event... Yes Bill and Ted is gone, but I was pretty shocked again how gruesome/gory and adult the event felt... Maybe I'm going soft in my old age. :shrug:

Stranger Things is a big part.

However, I just didn't find B&T very funny when I saw it at 26. You had a golden opportunity for satire with two historically disliked presidential candidates, and did very little with it. The Deadpool scene was one of many moments that felt exactly like a Seltzerberg movie. I chuckled a couple of times, and one of those was a joke that had been four years old ("sex with their taaaaaaaiiiiiilllllls!").

On a similar note, I just watched coverage of the new Halloween in which they talk about how big an opening it's supposed to get, and they made a point that people are sick of horror movies being toned down and family friendly.

Last edited:
Yeah, had my first HHN28 visit and second overall HHN experience today and... the crowds killed it. In the span of five hours my group only got two houses and two rides done. We hit Trick R' Treat and Stranger Things, but didn't have the time or energy to do another 90 minute long wait for Poultergeist. The zones were super weak this year as well, imo. After enjoying last year I was hoping to make a tradition of HHN, but if crowds continue to grow like this, hard pass.

You had a golden opportunity for satire with two historically disliked presidential candidates, and did very little with it.

After the past 2 election years, when they included the candidates a little more prominently, they experienced a lot of pushback from both sides. There's a reason why they didn't go ALL in with it. Ironically, the parts including the 2 were some of my favorite of a weaker show year.

If you’re going to HHN only once a season don’t waste time on rides.

I mean, wouldn't it also depend if you haven't been to the park's and mainly only experiencing HHN from the time that people visit?

Honestly, I think a good answer if they continue to bring Stranger Things and other properties that may get the large crowds, lies in opening Minions, Fallon, Simpsons; adding a second show where the church is; and adding a new venue by around New York Street and Drupercharged.

That way, you can get more capacity added into the park, and allowing more for those who are only wanting to do Stranger Things, the rides, and a show.