Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Remember they have the staging area for Jurassic World and behind Transformers. Once Horror Nights is over and they remove the soundstage then that leaves plenty of room.

Interesting enough, I had the opportunity to tour Horror Nights during the day with the creative and production team and one of the interesting things they stated was while in stranger things was that the sound stage wasn’t being torn down (only refurbished) and that there is a high likely hood they get to use it for next years event because it is being turned into a space for entertainment/ special events for the Park.

Interesting enough, I had the opportunity to tour Horror Nights during the day with the creative and production team and one of the interesting things they stated was while in stranger things was that the sound stage wasn’t being torn down (only refurbished) and that there is a high likely hood they get to use it for next years event because it is being turned into a space for entertainment/ special events for the Park.
Welcome for your first post. :thumbsup:

So this is filling the hole left by Globe Theaters demolition.

I wonder how long it would take to deconstruct an HHN maze then set up a Grinchmas Tree and bleachers inside that sound stage. I really want to see the long version of the tree lighting ceremony return to the park.

Reactions: marip123
So SNW Hollywood gets 5 acres to start, an e-ticket attraction(game changer), c or d ticket attraction, possibly multi level immersive land that’s unparalleled, expansion space behind of 2+ acres(a new 5 year plan will come into effect in 2021/22 don’t forget) and we didn’t lose revenge of the mummy during construction w/ even more expansion space behind it. I don’t know what Hollywood is up to but I’m damn excited.

Oh and Star Wars Galaxies Edge(Disney not Universal but I think I know what was meant) looks great and all but let’s be real nothing is beating Diagon Alley until it’s actually beat and I don’t see it happening. Diagon Alley is a place where you can spend hours never touching the ride, just exploring and finally have to force yourself to leave cause you paid for the whole park lol. I don’t know if anything can touch it yet look forward to the day it does get beat. Also Disney won’t even have the best attraction opening in Orlando next year that will be held by Hogsmeades new potter coaster at IofA that damn ride has dwarfed the highest expectations set fourth and its legend is still growing.

While we should wait for the end product I do think SWGE is the closest to topping Diagon Alley for quality, immersiveness, activities, and wow factor.

Reactions: HereWeGo
So this is filling the hole left by Globe Theaters demolition.

I wonder how long it would take to deconstruct an HHN maze then set up a Grinchmas Tree and bleachers inside that sound stage. I really want to see the long version of the tree lighting ceremony return to the park.
I think they eventually want TWDA to fill that space as well.

They didn't have a problem doing that when they had the mazes in the wild west stunt area. I would imagine it would be quicker inside a soundstage. But I love that idea. I've been dying to see the longer show return.

They didn't have a problem doing that when they had the mazes in the wild west stunt area. I would imagine it would be quicker inside a soundstage. But I love that idea. I've been dying to see the longer show return.

They did say it was going to go under refurbishment to convert it into a more theme park friendly space, so I am not sure it will be available for grinchmas.

As of today... there is no DK for Nintendo in Hollywood. Can things change...yes. Can there be future expansions...yes. But as of today, DK will not open with the land opening in Hollywood.

Well that's a huge bummer.

They did say it was going to go under refurbishment to convert it into a more theme park friendly space, so I am not sure it will be available for grinchmas.

Most of the conversion to a theme park accessible space happened prior to HHN with the adding of cerement ramps and staircases leading into the stage. I would assume nothing would happen this Grinchmas if they decide not to tear it down as use it as flex space. Any additional changes would likely be cosmetic.

While we should wait for the end product I do think SWGE is the closest to topping Diagon Alley for quality, immersiveness, activities, and wow factor.
That I will agree with. Diagon just set the bar so high that what I was implying is that Diagon isn’t beaten until it’s actually beaten. I won’t crown a new land until it has actually done it and right now if a land can it will be Star Wars: Galaxies Edge and if that happens color me tickled. 2020 can’t come fast enough for me.

Any additional changes would likely be cosmetic.

I could imagine them adding restrooms. If they decide to use it as an event space like The Globe Theatre, as it is right now, the closest bathrooms are pretty far away. If they lean more towards using as an exhibition hall, a la The Laika Experience, then it wouldn't so much of an issue.

The other thing would be covering up some of the technical equipment. The wall to the right of the maze has transformers and other electrical stuff that you probably wouldn't want exposed.

Reactions: k_peek_2000
I personally think that the stage 22-28 plot is not for Nintendo. My money is still on the idea that the mummy and the sound stages behind it are for Nintendo . Btw wasn’t mummy going to close this winter or next ?

Nothing is ever expected to close until it's made public. Technically the Mummy was supposed to close in 2016 and that changed at the literal last minute. I personally don't think Mummy will close anymore. At least not for Nintendo.

Construction Update 10/21/2018
atsHQuf.jpg

zrknt3H.jpg

bVIjH08.jpg