Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

After watching the fan video a few times, it’s starting to rub me the wrong way. It’s like, “Hey fans! Here are all the things you love about HHN, featuring the actors who used to have iconic roles! No, we had plenty of money to do something with their talent, just nothing creative to tie into this year’s event! Welp, at least we made this campy video. You’ll come back no matter what, suckers!”

After watching the fan video a few times, it’s starting to rub me the wrong way. It’s like, “Hey fans! Here are all the things you love about HHN, featuring the actors who used to have iconic roles! No, we had plenty of money to do something with their talent, just nothing creative to tie into this year’s event! Welp, at least we made this campy video. You’ll come back no matter what, suckers!”
Are they wrong though?

Counterpoint: Universal asked, and the actors did it for the fans. Erin manages a scarezone (she may prefer this.) Ted had already left to pursue other opportunities, but came back last year for the Farewell Tour. Usher has a gig at Horror Makeup. I’m not sure what Jack does IRL; I fully expect that he and Erin will have a role in 30 if they want it. These are creative and talented people. There’s life for them beyond HHN. Fun video!

Counterpoint: Universal asked, and the actors did it for the fans. Erin manages a scarezone (she may prefer this.) Ted had already left to pursue other opportunities, but came back last year for the Farewell Tour. Usher has a gig at Horror Makeup. I’m not sure what Jack does IRL; I fully expect that he and Erin will have a role in 30 if they want it. These are creative and talented people. There’s life for them beyond HHN. Fun video!
Jack/James has a full time career outside the parks

Erin is in charge of two houses as well as the zone you mention as a performance coordinator.

There’s a mix of both. You wouldn’t believe the amount of people that have quit TrT if I told you...

But just trick r treat?
Is it because the actors get more attacked because of their height?

Most people wont know who they are, most of the public wont even watch this ( this late in the month)

I think it is just a little inside nod for fans, making fun of the super fans but in a playful way. If anything i could see this as a " we know you love the icons guys, we know you love bill and ted, the future is bright"

This is an ad that most people wont get

A lot of stuff can lead to a string of quits. Consistent abuse, maybe. It could also be a bad morale because of their ASM or people within the cast, job conflicts, etc.

It is was it is, and there’s always one house with an inordinate amount of turnover.

A lot of stuff can lead to a string of quits. Consistent abuse, maybe. It could also be a bad morale because of their ASM or people within the cast, job conflicts, etc.

It is was it is, and there’s always one house with an inordinate amount of turnover.
I’ve heard the Sam costumes have incredibly poor vision (they changed them a bit from last year) and because of that a whole lot have quit because they’ve been harassed and since they have limited vision, haven’t been able to make out what the person looks like.

I’ve heard the Sam costumes have incredibly poor vision (they changed them a bit from last year) and because of that a whole lot have quit because they’ve been harassed and since they have limited vision, haven’t been able to make out what the person looks like.
I would quit for that.

The only thing, a lot of times, that makes the abuse tolerable is knowing you have recourse.

Sometimes i wonder how far the abuse will go until the actors are behind plexiglass or until hhn is cancelled. Ive always been shocking how the abuse is like a part of hhn that people have to endure. Kind of bizarre to have a n entertainment business where you can end up in the hospital
What if god forbid some crazy guest ends up going too far and ends up hurting someone to death.... jesus, makes me so scared foreveryone working....

Ive noticed that the killer klown zone has relaxed on using flash for pics. I sat by the zone and saw people using flash but the security werent really stopping them. Some people put their arms around the clowns shoulders but they werent stoped either.
Some of those pics were even posted on fb. People hugging the clowns from behind or their arm around their shoulders.
I know security cant catch everyone, but this time they werent even trying to stop anyone. They were just watching

Sometimes i wonder how far the abuse will go until the actors are behind plexiglass or until hhn is cancelled. Ive always been shocking how the abuse is like a part of hhn that people have to endure. Kind of bizarre to have a n entertainment business where you can end up in the hospital
What if god forbid some crazy guest ends up going too far and ends up hurting someone to death.... jesus, makes me so scared foreveryone working....
Well, this has been happening for 28 years now. Universal has adapted where they can (by going vertical where it’s feasible), but it’s part of scaring. There will always be assholes.

Well, this has been happening for 28 years now. Universal has adapted where they can (by going vertical where it’s feasible), but it’s part of scaring. There will always be assholes.

I wonder if it has increased over the years, or has gotten more extreme. I know it happens every year, but i wonder if there are differences from year to year.