Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 380 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look at a theme park from above you see the huge ride buildings always hidden from the themed area. What if they build the (inside) rides on the first floor and the themed park on the second. You could have a spacious theme park and a ton of rides on a rather small area.

Question why does Universal tend to take their time to announce things I mean they don’t announce things really ahead of time I notice like Disney does. T2:3D replacement has’nt even been announced just yet but the Harry Potter coaster at IOA already is official for next year. The new fourth gate we really have’nt heard much about should we expect to hear more about this next year or possibly 2020,or later? The CEO Dennis Spiegel said expect to hear an announcement for a new Universal Orlando theme park within 18 months according to the Orlando Business Journal. Universal announces stuff in a slow process compared to Disney. We already know what’s coming to Disney in 2019, 2020, 2021, etc.

Question why does Universal tend to take their time to announce things I mean they don’t announce things really ahead of time I notice like Disney does. T2:3D replacement has’nt even been announced just yet but the Harry Potter coaster at IOA already is official for next year. The new fourth gate we really have’nt heard much about should we expect to hear more about this next year or possibly 2020,or later? The CEO Dennis Spiegel said expect to hear an announcement for a new Universal Orlando theme park within 18 months according to the Orlando Business Journal. Universal announces stuff in a slow process compared to Disney. We already know what’s coming to Disney in 2019, 2020, 2021, etc.
I think they remember what happened when they said "Potter is coming". Lots more rooms to fill now so they don't want people putting off trips til the next big thing is ready.

Reactions: HPFred
To echo the above, I believe the story goes that they lost a good chunk of park attendance for a couple of years when they announced Wizarding World relatively early (announced in 2007, opened in 2010). It showed that people stayed away knowing that something bigger was coming.

I think Disney just felt this as well. They announced SW : Galaxy's Edge in 2015 and Hollywood studios dropped in attendance for both 2016 and 2017 (note, all Disney parks in Orlando had a drop in attendance for 2016)

Reactions: HPFred

There's 2 negative results to announcing early: people putting off trips for later and possibly not doing the project. Look at how Dis announced the new hotel for Disneyland, Town Square Theater, etc.

What would happen to Halloween Horror Nights if a Classic Monsters Land does make it’s way to a Fourth Universal Orlando Gate? Would the plan be to have this themed land that’s if it comes to the third/fourth be open all year around & keep HHN open around Halloween time but just not include anything from the dark universe?

I would doubt the presence of the Universal Monsters at Site B would affect the operations and creative direction of Halloween Horror Nights in any way. :eek:O:

As far as if it'd be connected to the Dark Universe, then someone should've stopped Murdy at Hollywood this year when it comes to Universal Monsters.

I would doubt the presence of the Universal Monsters at Site B would affect the operations and creative direction of Halloween Horror Nights in any way. :eek:O:

As far as if it'd be connected to the Dark Universe, then someone should've stopped Murdy at Hollywood this year when it comes to Universal Monsters.

If anything, it would be a great advert for HHN.

What would happen to Halloween Horror Nights if a Classic Monsters Land does make it’s way to a Fourth Universal Orlando Gate? Would the plan be to have this themed land that’s if it comes to the third/fourth be open all year around & keep HHN open around Halloween time but just not include anything from the dark universe?
Would have no effect on HHN. Just like haunted mansion has no effect on not so scary.

I understand why it is taking awhile for Universal Orlando to announce their third Park but shouldn’t we expect to hear a lot more about what will really be at that newly purchased property next year when the new potter coaster opens sometime in summer 2019?

I understand why it is taking awhile for Universal Orlando to announce their third Park but shouldn’t we expect to hear a lot more about what will really be at that newly purchased property next year when the new potter coaster opens sometime in summer 2019?

I would guess no as they have other things in the works that are coming out before a new park that they haven't officially mentioned yet like the Jurassic Park Coaster or the rumored Zelda land replacing Lost continent.

I'm guessing we won't hear anything official or any concrete details on the new park for at least another 1.5 years or more.

They've broken ground on Super Nintendo World in Hollywood and they've release zero official info on that at all, and I'm guessing that's coming well before the new park in Orlando.

I don't think you will hear a whisper about the south gate until the potter coaster is up and running. If they put the JP coaster in the mix it may be another year. Best place for info are these boards and follow bio on twitter for a bird's eye view of the progress

I don't think you will hear a whisper about the south gate until the potter coaster is up and running. If they put the JP coaster in the mix it may be another year. Best place for info are these boards and follow bio on twitter for a bird's eye view of the progress

You're not gonna hear anything till at least 2020, if I'm a betting man

You're not gonna hear anything till at least 2020, if I'm a betting man

I think they'll announce something next year but it will be something so minute that you'll wish they hadn't,

Universal: Today, we're pleased to announce that we're going to be building a 4th park.

*Crowd goes wild*

Universal: ....That's all we can say for now. Come back in 2 years for more information.

I think they'll announce something next year but it will be something so minute that you'll wish they hadn't,

Universal: Today, we're pleased to announce that we're going to be building a 4th park.

*Crowd goes wild*

Universal: ....That's all we can say for now. Come back in 2 years for more information.

Yea, but I don't count that as an announcement. We already know that. :lol:

Yea, but I don't count that as an announcement. We already know that. :lol:

It’s making it official. If we’re talking about that type of announcement about what the park will be like, You’re spot on with 2020 if we assume the park is opening in 2022.

I think the preview center for IOA opened in 97? I really hope we get something physical like that again and not some website or app.

Reactions: HPFred and Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.