Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 384 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Kong....

Kong was set to open “summer” and ended up opening for softs in spring with grand in May.

Frozen, the same year, on the other hand was set to open in “spring”, then got changed to summer just a few months before and didn’t open until the end of summer.

If I remember all of that correctly.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Kong was set to open “summer” and ended up opening for softs in spring with grand in May.

Frozen, the same year, on the other hand was set to open in “spring”, then got changed to summer just a few months before and didn’t open until the end of summer.

If I remember all of that correctly.

Kong soft opened June 9, same day Mako had media day at SeaWorld. I remember because everyone made a mad dash from one park to the other. :lol: It was supposed to open officially later in the month, but the Pulse shootings happened 2 days later - so they did a subdued opening in mid-July.

image1.jpg
image0.jpg

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. Really enjoyed the updates makes me want to visit the parks again last time I visited was pre-potter and it was still amazing.

With the Drop track system, I should be able to explain how it works.

There are 2 forms for the track , the form on Verbolten is very similar to a drop tower with a cable to raise the frame with the track in and magnetic brakes at the bottom to slow it down.

Intamins drop track uses hydraulics, the piece of coaster track with brakes and drive tires sits on a large hydraulic ram, to drop valves are opened venting the hydraulic fluid which causes the track to free-fall (the valves are large so it can drop at gravity) though the hydraulic system can also give a false drop which is done on Thirteen. Which I am hoping this ride will do as well.

The system is very similar to how the haunted mansion stretching room works though instead of dropping the guests at about 1 mph it falls at 9.81m/s (gravity) ;)

The only downside is the system cant move heavy loads (a coaster train) upwards. Though it should never need to, but its a very fast system (so fast thirteen exceeded its theoretical throughput on opening day) which really makes me think theirs going to be more than just darkness, static sets and a drop there.

Looking forward to seeing this ride open. Going to be amazing, will need to plan a trip across the Atlantic and
visit the parks again.

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. Really enjoyed the updates makes me want to visit the parks again last time I visited was pre-potter and it was still amazing.

There are 2 forms for the track , the form on Verbolten is very similar to a drop tower with a cable to raise the frame with the track in and magnetic brakes at the bottom to slow it down.

Intamins drop track uses hydraulics, the piece of coaster track with brakes and drive tires sits on a large hydraulic ram, to drop valves are opened venting the hydraulic fluid which causes the track to free-fall (the valves are large so it can drop at gravity) though the hydraulic system can also give a false drop which is done on Thirteen. Which I am hoping this ride will do as well.

The system is very similar to how the haunted mansion stretching room works though instead of dropping the guests at about 1 mph it falls at 9.81m/s (gravity) ;)

The only downside is the system cant move heavy loads (a coaster train) upwards. Though it should never need to, but its a very fast system (so fast thirteen exceeded its theoretical throughput on opening day) which really makes me think theirs going to be more than just darkness, static sets and a drop there.

Looking forward to seeing this ride open. Going to be amazing, will need to plan a trip across the Atlantic and
visit the parks again.

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum!

visit the parks again.
How fun, thanks for the info and welcome

visit the parks again.
Welcome. :thumbsup::toast:

What sort of trains do people think this will have, out of interest? Are we reckoning the Taron-style trains with overhead lap bars, the traditional OTSR trains like Maverick's, the family coaster trains like Thirteen's or a new train design entirely?

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Status
Not open for further replies.